Tip #2 - Turn off your phone

WHEN YOU FEEL SAD

Turn Off your Phone
 

 

 

"Just open it when you're brave enough to face their remarks because that doesn't matter."

 

——

 

Yeon's attention was caught by the incessant knocking on her door while she review her schedules for tomorrow's activities. 

 

She sighed.

 

She really can't escape from him, right?

 

Standing up from her sear slowly, she sluggishly dragged her feet towards her front door, not really wanting to open it. 

 

The moment her door cracked open, the worried face of her boyfriend greeted her. 

 

"De—" cutting her off, Dejun hugged her tight first thing. 

 

The warmth of his embrace cause the impending tears to fall, like a dam breaking as she reciprocated his hug while she cried on his shoulder, wetting his cotton blazer. 

 

——

 

"I was very worried, you know," Dejun pouted, observing the side of her face, while she continued reading her schedule for tomorrow, her face void of any emotion. 

 

"You weren't answering my calls, but your phone's open." He nudged her using his knee when she didn't answer or gave him any sort of reaction. 

 

The two were currently situated on the side of her bed, sitting beside each other. Albeit confused, Dejun allowed her to dry her tears til her hearts content. He knows she's not feeling well, and the incident with phone calls might be related to it. 

 

"So you're not going to tell me about it?" The boyfriend leaned towards her, shaking his head cheekily as if coaxing her into spilling the beans. Yeon looked at him sideways before sighing. 

 

Dejun smirked. He knew he got her where he wanted.

 

"W-well..." She bit her lips as she felt another set of tears coming. The male beside her pursed his lips tightly, preventing himself from comforting her. He knew she would just end up crying even more if he went soft for her. 

 

Above anything else, finding the root cause of her behaviour should come first. So he forced his self to behave. After all, comforting will come after she's done letting out all her rants. 

 

Instead he trained his gaze on her hands that was playing with her fingers.

 

"The team ordered me to buy a cake to be used for today's taping..."

 

He frowned. That's it? 

 

Unconsciously, his eyes darted from her hands to her face when it took her quite a while to continue. Indeed, her tears doubled and it was threatening to fall any second now. 

 

Maybe he couldn't help himself. Not when it was her who was hurting like this. 

 

Throwing caution to the wind, Dejun shifted closer towards her as he grabbed her hands, caging them in his, as he rub soothing patterns on it. 

 

"What happened next?" He urged softly and she nodded. Due to the action, several tears leaked from her eyes and he reach out a finger to wipe it away gently. 

 

"It's just that..." She sniffed, feeling utterly embarrassed at her mistake and feeling more insecure telling him about her failure.

 

The guy hummed, his head leaning on her shoulder as his other hand went to cage her in a protecting hug, rubbing her other shoulder.

 

"I bought the wrong one.."

 

A small smile graced his lips, knowing that she always has that in her personality. Nevertheless, it never made her less attractive in his eyes. 

 

"I-I-It was supposed to be a c-c-cake which t-the artists will u-u-se to d-decorate..." She hiccuped and Dejun shifted his head to kiss her shoulder blade, feeling how utterly she was disappointed with her self. 

 

"But it was very small t-to deco-r-rate..."

 

A long while of silence passed before the boyfriend decided to break it. "Is that so?" He whispered, tipping his chin up to look at her. 

 

She nodded. "They got mad to the extent of thinking twice about continuing my contract. Not only that, everybody in the agency is talking about how much of a failure I am. They're all over our SNS groups."

 

"Then say sorry about the incident." He proposed, catching the woman off guard with how her brows pinched together. 

 

She searched for the traces of jest in his face but found none. For a minute she wondered if he understood her narrative. Yeon was enlightened the moment her boyfriend proceeded with his words. 

 

"Wouldn't everything end up in saying 'sorry' anyways?" He joined his finger together in front of him as he sat straight, winking at her afterwards. 

 

Seeing that she was still frowning , he sighed before continuing. "You see everybody makes mistakes. It's inevitable, and what's done cannot be undone. But," He looked at their memory wall just in front of him, a small smile growing on his lips as he stared at all their pictured memories together. 

 

"If you know how to take responsibility of it, and if you make this as a tool for you to learn, then you will never find mistakes like this as scary." He looked at her, shrugging his shoulders. "All you have to do is say sorry for the mistakes you made, and make sure not to do it again." Dejun shifted on the bed once more, reaching for her mobile phone behind her. 

 

"As for the blabber mouths and judgemental people," He smiled slyly, shaking her phone before facing it and navigating through it.

 

"Just turn it off." He showed her her phone, completely turned off as he reach for her hand, resting the device on her palms. 

 

"Just open it when you're brave enough to face their remarks because that doesn't matter." He smiled, kissed her in her forehead and wiped the remnants of her tears gently. 

 

Yeon was at loss for words. 

 

She wondered once more what she did in her past life to deserve someone like him in her current life. 

 

"I love you!" 

 

She blurted out all of a sudden that got them both speechless and flushing furiously. 

 

She rarely says the words so Dejun was always at OS's on how to react whenever she says that. Nevertheless, he was glad that she's feeling the same. 

 

"Y-yeah..."

 

••⭐❇⭐••

 

A/N: Xiao DJ is one of the warmest persons in NCT World, don't you think so? He also needs a lot of care from his hyungs so let's give uri Xiaojun a lot of love okay? 

I'm forever in love with this baby~ (I'm all Xiaojun for now Yangyang, sorry hahhaha XD)

Anyways, to anyone who's feeling down lately, have no one to talk to, and the world talks like they know you, try this tip, it's gonna work, trust me. I've done this before, well not actually turned my phone off, but I took a break from SNS for a whole day (legit) then reopened again after 24 hrs, and I'm not feeling as down as I was before while reading the judgemental remarks.