Chapter 3

Akaiito

My entire day in our posh luxurious office is wasted because of one silly rumor making it's way up to my mind, it's bothering me a lot then I thought. I don't remember any productive task for the day, yet I am exhausted, why not, my inner conflicts drained all the energy in debating about it.  Come on Maya, it's not the first time a rumor emerged of him involved with some beauty. Last year they mixed his name with Kang Jina. Right, that turned out to be a false alarm. Haha, there's no way... Kang Jina was married, yet, she made moves on him, but miserably failed. Good thing Sehun is impertinent towards such creatures.  There's this thing, but if he doesn't give a damn about these desperate women then why now...... Woman? Have you seen Yura properly? She's a goddess. Do you think a man's pride can last against her sensuous beauty? Not even those rude gossiping grannies could resist her aesthetics. She's too good.

 

I'll go insane with the level of contradictory thoughts my head is throwing. As if there's a court room fighting for and against Yura. That snake, didn't even spare my little brain.  Too much in my head and the day already came to an end. I got up to leave for home politely turning down Jihyun and Minho's offer to go out drinking.

 

"Yeah right, you should be working on that presentation now, it's due tomorrow." Jihyun reminded. ! I was so engrossed in my thoughts I completely forgot about my presentation. Baldy Yoo will not give me another chance, this is my only chance to impress him.

 

"Yeah I'll leave ahead..." letting them know, exhausted. Minho narrowed his eyes at me and I mimicked him in a tease. 

 

"Is something bothering you Mayaya?" he asked in a suspecting tone. He's early to catch on with my mood swings or shift in attitude. Another reason I keep him close, a guy friend is oftentimes a good listener and advisor.  Ooo Minho, if only I could spill it to you...

 

"Nothing's bothering me, I am just exhausted" I try to waved off the topic.

 

"Mayaya, you know I am here right?" he eyed me signalling that I could talk to him about if I wish to. I wish....

 

I smiled, smile is the best way to avoid any suspicions or more questions. "You guys go now. I'll join you some other time" I push them both forward so that they keep walking.

 

Turning around I walk towards bus stop. Pondering whether I should head for Hannam-dong, but there's a nagging voice at the back of my mind reminding me of my ambitious project. Yeah, I'll just visit him tomorrow. You are not a teenager to throw away everything to run after him for confrontation, my voice reasons. I am barely an adult and adulting feels so tiring already.

 

___

 

Gazing nervously at the presentation report Director Yoo is reviewing with knitted brows, my hands start sweating. This is the first time I made a detailed hardcopy report of my presentation with several stats and references. An entire night of brain racking, coffee and a late night ramyun kept up my energy levels.  I even witnessed borabora's sleepwalking for the nth time while working. Girl was so tired after her carpentering session, was it only that though? She must've been making out with that hot customer who became a regular at her studio. Whatever. If anything, she cuddled me and refused to leave and I had to waste an hour of my time cuddling her back before she completely dozed off in her dreams. Well, thanks to that, I got my power nap.

 

The time he's took to review my file, my eyes dawdled around taking in the surroundings starting from the huge glass wall to the right of Director Yoo's desk, to the similarly established posh cubicles stretched out ending before meeting rooms,all of them adjoined to the huge glass wall,  to the fancy rectangle pillars behind me, each decorated with quotes or artistic puzzles, to the executives cubicle section exactly parallel to Director's where I sit with my peers. Only that the director's and other Senior manager's work desks are on elevated platform than us with a three step staircase dividing the floor. To my left is Racks with plant pots parallel to magazine shelf in executive section. T&J Group has not at all compromised with their spends on this floor, giving zero excuse for boring work environment making our workstation look aesthetically pleasing.

 

After touring this office with idle thoughts my eyes rested on the name plate read 'Strategy Director Yoo Jun Soo'.  He's almost done with the file.

 

"I am going to Tunics this afternoon. I'll propose them this option, but don't get your hopes too high. Possibilities are they've already appointed a female ambassador" he handed me the report. That could be true. "Share me the soft copy" he added.

 

Bowing slightly, I left for my desk.

 

"So, did he like it?" Jihyun asked eagerly tugging my arm to her.

 

"He didn't comment on that." I smiled at this softy.

 

"Get ready for some news"  Minho commented as he walked back with some papers and I smiled at him.

 

Rest of the day went by with us trio's office chit chats, work, lunch, chit chats, work and so on. I took the opportunity to bring up my yesterday's conversation with Jihyun and as expected it stirred her excitement level with squeal and joy.

 

"The drama is on an interesting plot and it's high time for a kiss scene" I twitched at her comment.

 

"Woah, hey, they are not the main couple. Why would they need a kiss scene..." I kept my indifferent front as believable as possible. Sehun and Yura are not even the main leads in Covet Heart. It's annoying that people find their story more sizzling then the leads. I am happy that Sehun is getting praised for his character, though I had my doubts of his acting skills. But lucky, he was offered a character of stone cold appearance and arrogant bastard, fitting exactly his dark charisma, which is quite..... alluring.

 

Jihyun spun her chair flashing me her I-am-telling-you smirk. Her outstretched hand grabbed the back of my neck, her face inching closer with a fake snobbish remark "They HAVE to kiss. I've skipped my early showers, my yoga sessions, my comics to build up the romantic atmosphere for my imagination and now this is IT to feed my lusty demons"

 

Stunned at her sudden confession I shook off her hand and shoved her back, with her chair wheeling back to her desk. Both me and Minho bawled with an eww and yaaa to scold her. Minho even hit her head with a folded newspaper to which this dork started laughing.

 

Jihyun is a happy virus between us. Glad that she has the ability to put my mind off from something. I pinched her cheeks meanwhile minho sprayed whatever room freshener around his desk to clear any bodily stench. After spraying enough he looked at us with a stupid grin plastered to his face contrary to Jihyun's scowl.

 

 At  6:30 in evening, past my working hours giving a good stretch to my body, I sign out for the day. Today I've decided to visit Sehun. I don't want to be an annoying insecure girlfriend but I just need to see him. That would be enough, I tell myself. We are in a phase where we just have to overcome our own obstacles, assumptions and mind games.

 

Hannam-dong is that classy neighborhood each of us wish to stay at. With it's modern sophisticated atmosphere surrounded by enormous multi-storey  architectures, it's a hub for all glamour life.

 

Excited I took a side walk opposite to Hannam Hyperion. Just as I was about to cross the lane, a cyclist hit my back making a strong impact for me to fall forward on the lane, a ripping sound alerting ears. I didn't even get time to look at the offender as a bike sped in my direction, ready to run over me.

 

Everything happened so fast, that my body went stone cold in shock. With one arm shielding me against the anticipated hit, I sat still, squeezing my eyes shut. I am done for. After a few moments, when nothing happened, I slowly opened my eyes. First few seconds my vision was adjusting to the scenario. I heard four voices around me, two of them apologizing, one old man chastising, one lady asking if I am okay. 

 

Shaking me back to senses, a middle aged lady asked me again if I am okay. I looked around taking in the scene, a delivery man with red helmet and a teenager in school uniform getting reprimanded by an old man beside me.  Catching sight of the chaos caused by tiny accident, two more people surround in concern. The old man then approaching me asked if I am okay. The lady all set to dial 119 in case I have a concussion.

 

"It's alright, I am okay. Please don't call an ambulance." I stated weakly to all of them before staring at the teenager. Terrified by my intense stare, he immediately apologized.

 

"I-I am sorry sister, I-I am very sorry" he stuttered, bowing down repeatedly in apology.

 

"Young man," I sighed "why were you cycling on pavement? You see it's called side walk for a reason..." I wanted to yell at this kid but in my current state, I could only manage a good scold. He kept apologizing with ninety degree bows until I dismissed him with a warning. The delivery man too, left for his destination after apologizing several times.

 

Assuring my audience that I am completely alright, I continued to Sehun's apartment. Sehun's apartment is on 15th floor, on entering the elevator I pressed 15 and stared down on my dishevelled appearance in the elevator's mirror. My tight plaid skirt was slightly torn from hem, forming a slit for my right thigh. Amazing, well that looks y. Next my hairs were all over place. Because I fell forward on left leg, my left knee is bleeding, lovely. I quickly shuffled through my hand bag for a perfume, atleast I should smell nice.

 

Doing everything that was necessary before the elevator dings on 15th floor, I stepped out and head towards his apartment door. Quickly after informing his intercom, the door clicked open.

 

"Why are you here...?" Ouch. That hurt.  

 

"I am your girlfriend." I grumbled crossing my arms and giving him an intense stare.

 

"It's not like that.... Taejun will be coming here soon..." he sighed scratching his neck.

 

"So? He knows about me. Whats the problem?!" with that I walked past him towards his couch. The apartment is faintly ornate with necessary furniture along with a spectacular view of Han river from a floor to ceiling glass window. The night view is so romantic, one could get drunk on it's picturesque.

 

"But now that you are here I am relieved..." coming up behind me, he wrapped his arms around and planting a soft kiss on my neck. I almost melted in affection, what a seducer. 

 

No, no! Remember why you are here. Taking a deep breath I shrugged off his enveloping arms and warmth left me. Sitting on the couch with crossed arms, I came straight to the point "What's going on between you and Yura?" I asked giving him a spill it look.

 

In a defeated sigh, as if explaining this for the millionth time, which I am sure he is, he huffed, "Nothing!"

 

"Tabloids says otherwise"

 

"We are just working in a drama and.... what happened to your knee? It's bleeding"

 

His abruptness jerked me.

 

That's not my answer-

 

Before I could protest he left inside for his bedroom. After a few moments he came out with a first aid box in his hand.  Squatting down in front of me he gently applied disinfectant on my  knee, his touch sending sparks throughout my being.  While he concentrated on my knee scratch, I observed how soft his face became on noticing my tiny injury.

 

"Your skirt got torn. Tell me, how are you going back home in this state? You are so clumsy, you make me worried all the time." his words roll out soft and pure, as if he's talking to a baby. This is the side of him that only I am allowed to see.

 

"Is it fair?" he looked up to me with a yearning ache in his eyes clasping my heart with affectionate gaze.

 

Tears prick my eyes as it becomes impossible to confront him about my insecurities, my anxieties, my self-struggle. I love him, the emotions in me are too intense to be conveyed, afraid that I'll loose him if I hold on to to it too tightly.  Afraid that what if my affection becomes an obsession for him, he'll break away from me. Afraid with the depth of my feelings, that what if I come to a realization, that my attachment to him is an obsession and not what I am currently thinking of, love.

 

"There are so many articles speculating your romance with Yura, how could I not care?!" I asked vulnerably as tears rolled down my eyes.

 

With one hand softly holding my face, he inched closer "Believe in me?"

 

I nodded, to which he smiled and leaned forward placing a wet kiss on my cheeks. I squirmed under his grasp but he didn't let me go before a nice 20 seconds of on my left cheek.

 

"Eww gross!"

 

"Yummy!" he his lips and winked.

After debating on my appearance Sehun insisted that I stay for the night and that his manager is probably not coming. As he went to his kitchen island in preparation of dinner, I sat on his cozy couch shuffling through TV channels. While changing through options the remote fell beneath the couch due to my aggressive usage. I swooped down to retrieve it.

 

".....after a year of closing this case, Joo Jin Gook's sibling claims that his death could be a possible planned murder."

 

My head whipped to the news channel in that bent position in less than a  millisecond. I sat back up and looked behind me at Sehun who was busy chopping vegetables in his open kitchen.

 

"The claim is sparking debate among netizens about the unruly investigation leading to a cliffhanger case in Showbiz industry."

 

I turned back on my sitting position, watching news with a blank expression.

 

This has definitely caught my attention. No it wasn't the news report on Jin Gook's death. Bringing my hand up with the silvery object, I examined it hanging down from my finger grip.

 

The thing that caught my attention, was a long silver diamond earring, which I am sure, was not an accessory of Sehun's.