Must Be The Sun

Cart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyday, the Taiwanese would be able to bike to school, all thanks to a certain Cho Miyeon. The only time she wouldn't bike was when she headed to school with Yuqi, like today.

"No wonder you've been on time for Professor Kang's 8am lessons nowadays. You've been biking. No fair!" her best friend accused pointedly.

Shuhua stuck out her tongue teasingly, ''Get your own Miyeon unnie!''.

The Chinese rolled her eyes, ''Ugh, such a showoff.''

''Anyway, does Miyeon unnie pay for you when you use the bike-sharing application?''

This question made Shuhua stop in her tracks abruptly.

''Wait...it's not free?'' questioned the younger girl hesitantly.

Yuqi turned to stare at Shuhua incredulously, ''Are you serious right now? Of course not! Nothing is free in the world dummy. I think they charge by the minute or something.''

''Oh my god, I've been using it so much! Miyeon unnie didn't tell me that it was a paid service.''

''Maybe it's because the amount is peanuts to her.'' Yuqi shrugged.

''Well but still...it doesn't feel right. I'll text her later.''

----------
Shuhua was staring at her notebook while pretending to write about the lecture that her professor was yapping about.

The professor was a balding old man who had a tendency to veer off the actual lecture topic, and talk about irrelevant crap that no one cares about.

Sorry mum and dad. I can't believe you're paying thousands for me to study this crap.

Her professor's string of words went in one ear and came out of the other. She started to absentmindedly doodle whatever came onto her mind in her little notebook.

Iced coffee. Baseball cap. Bicycle. Crocodile.

Suddenly, she stopped and put her pencil down as she stared at her doodles.

It didn't take a genius to connect the dots between what she was drawing. She knew it herself.

What the hell?

The Taiwanese felt her cheeks heat up and she slammed her notebook shut. Slapping her face lightly, she thought to herself.

I must be going crazy.

----------

After what seemed like an eternity of irrelevant storytelling, her professor dismissed the class.

Shuhua whipped out her phone and proceeded to send a text to Miyeon.

To: Clumsy Unnie

Unnie, are you busy today?

Send.

The singer had met Shuhua a couple of times after the whole bicycle sharing fiasco. Some days, she would visit the cafe to sit down and 'chill' (look at Shuhua) for a couple of hours until Shuhua's shift ended to walk her home. She's even brought Minnie and Soojin along sometimes too. There was even a time when Miyeon ran into Yuqi who was studying at the cafe. The loud and extroverted Chinese had no problems pulling the singer to her seat and striking up a conversation.

Recently though, the Taiwanese was unable to see Miyeon as often (as she would have liked) due to the latter's busy schedule.

Kakao! Shuhua's phone notification went off.

From: Clumsy Unnie

Hey Shuhua!

Yea, we've been busy with practice and stuff since our comeback is nearing. Keep this a secret okay? Haha

Anyway, what's up? Miss me?

The Taiwanese froze when her eyes read the last line. The singer was always cheesy and Shuhua thought that it was probably because she was an idol. Hence, being all sweet and cringy towards her fans is something that she was used to doing. It shouldn't surprise or affect her that much, right?

To: Clumsy Unnie

Stop being so greasy. Are you at the company now?

Send.

From: Clumsy Unnie

Haha, I can't help it. You're too cute to not tease.
Yeap, I'm at CUBE. Still having practice. I'm gonna pass out from dancing. Anyway, I gotta get back to practice. I'll try to see you soon since you're dying to see me!

Byebye~

Shuhua scoffed but she couldn't stop the smile that was creeping onto her face.

Let's take a trip somewhere shall we?

----------

"So...I take a turn here and then I should be reaching right abouuuut.....now"

The Taiwanese muttered to herself as she stared at the Google Maps application on her phone with much difficulty, trying her best not to drop her phone. She was holding a plastic bag and her phone in one hand while the other was occupied with a tray of drinks. The liquid swooshed with each step she took, threatening to spill through the loose caps of the cups.

The Taiwanese was about to regret her decision of embarking on this journey when the sight of a building came into her view. It was a grey building that looked pretty ordinary and plain. However, what stood out was a white, black and blue sign with the words "CUBE ENTERTAINMENT".

Finally!

Waddling towards the security post, Shuhua knocked on the glass.

"Hello Sir. Uhm, could you pass these to the IDLE members?"

"No. You're one of those sasaeng fans aren't you? Take these away." the security guard dismissed Shuhua with an uninterested wave.

"Wait! I'm not a sa-sasaeng? Whatever that is. Just tell Miyeon unnie that it's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter