chapter 15

the luckiest fangirl?

“Oppa, why are you here?,” I asked him, not really paying attention to my mom.

 

“I…uhh…Fetching you?”

 

I gathered all my strength before looking at my mom. “Who are you with?” I managed to say with a fake smile.

 

Her jaw dropped from what I said. I turned back to Sehun again. He’s fidgeting. It looks like he doesn’t know what to do but he managed to come near me.

 

“Are you ok? Uhh what do you want me to do?”

 

“I don’t want to see her,” I coldly answered.

 

He nodded and went to her. They talked for awhile. I saw my mom look at me in my periphery. She then nodded and left.

 

**

 

“Why?” was the only thing I managed to come up with since my head is so clouded with thoughts.

 

He dropped his utensils and held my hand across the table. “I’m sorry”

 

I looked at him with my eyes teary. “Do you know her?”

 

“I-I uhhh she asked me to help”

 

“How long have you known? How long have you actually known me?”

 

“H-Huh? What are you talking about?”

 

“Tell me another lie and you’ll never see me again.”

 

He looked down in defeat. “I’ll tell you later”

 

I nodded since I don’t have the energy to argue with him anymore.

 

**

 

“I don’t know how to say it”

 

“Give it to me straight”

 

“Uh…well, your mom… she and my dad was in a relationship before… it’s over now though, so you don’t need to worry about it. But… uhh… yeah, that time, she chose to live with us”

 

I couldn’t speak

 

So he’s saying that his father was the reason why mom left us?

 

That easy?

 

I tried to unbuckle my seatbelt but Sehun held my hand. “Please, don’t leave me”

 

“Why didn’t you tell me before?”

 

“How could I possibly say it? I don’t wanna hurt you”

 

“You already did.”

 

With that, I unbuckled my seatbelt and left his car.

 

Sehun tried to chase me with his car. Slowing down his pace as he drives near the sidewalk. “Hyojin, I’m sorry. Please, get in the car. You’ll catch a cold”

 

It’s raining hard but I don’t give a damn about that. My tears kept on pouring along with the rain.

 

Honestly, I don’t know who to be mad with. Sehun? His dad? Mom? My dad?

 

Or myself?

 

I don’t know what happened but my legs suddenly felt jelly and I just fell to cold ground. I feel Sehun’s arms embrace me from behind. I feel him bury his face on the crook of my neck. “I’m sorry”

 

“Leave me alone, please,” I said sternly.

 

“How can I leave you here? It’s raining and you don’t have a car!”

 

“I’ll call Minah. Please leave”

 

“But—“

 

“Please, Sehun, I don’t wanna look at you badly. Please”

 

I feel him loosen his embrace. He was reluctant to leave. “Are you sure?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“I’ll call Minah”

 

**

 

“What the heck is wrong with you?! You are not in a kdrama! Why are you getting yourself soaked in the rain??”

 

I hugged her all of a sudden which took her by surprise. She had no choice but to caress my back as I started crying.

 

She didn’t force me to speak. She just let me use her shoulders.

 

“Should I call Miyoung?”

 

I nodded.

 

A few minutes later Miyoung arrived, looking worried. I hugged her upon seeing her.

 

“Who the hell made you cry?!”

 

I shook my head. Even I don’t know why it hurts so much. I just wanted to let it all out.

 

“Did Sehun break you heart? That -“

 

“No”

 

“Oh wow, that was her first word,” Minah said.

 

I snorted and they laughed. Somehow, she made the mood lighter.

 

“Well uhh… 15 years ago mom left us…” I told them all the details from the very beginning to what happened earlier.

 

Their shocked faces desribe what I feel right now, combined with sadness and confusion.

 

“If you suddenly tell me that Sehun’s your brother, I’m gonna flip this house,” Miyoung said

 

“HEY!,” Minah protested.

 

“I’m kidding!” Miyoung rolled her eyes

 

“He’s not my brother or anything. I haven’t asked him if we had a relationship or something at all. What the hell, I should’ve asked that!!”

 

“Then ask him”

 

“I don’t want to talk to him right now”

 

“Ok, then who would you ask?”

 

“Sohee”

 

A/N: Sorry for the very slow updates! Things are hectic these days and I can’t find time to write more chapters. Anyway, we’re nearing the end, I think?? Are you ready??