🌸2🌸

him & her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The only audible sound in the library was the absent murmur of whispering voices melting with the soft ticking of the big clock hanging above of the glass doors. The sky was insured by grey clouds threatening to let down the absorbed water inside of them. You and Jongdae were concentrating on your homework with thoughtful frowns covering your faces while Baekhyun had lost all of his focus long ago. His eyes had somehow shifted from his paper to you so many times that they ended up staying on your figure. There was a slight line between his brows as he roamed your figure with his dark orbs, taking in every single detail there was, wondering how it could be possible that he couldn't find a single flaw in you no matter how much he looked.

A lazy smile crept on his lips when he let the question go, there was no use in trying to answer it.  That was just who you were. His eyes fondly shone at the sight of you as his cheek rested onto the palm of his pretty hand. Jongdae couldn't help but notice the way Baekhyun was staring at you and figured out how you would totally notice his crush on you if you were to see the adoring look he was eyeing you with. But you were completely absorbed by the math equation that you were somehow getting a hang of. Jongdae's face contorted into a heavy cringe as he continued staring at his friend that was giving everything about his crush on you away with a single look. With a huff, he stood up from his seat and both you and Baekhyun snapped out of your thoughts.

"I'm going to the restroom," Jongdae informed and you returned back to your homework while Baekhyun sent his friends a questioning look, in which Jongdae only responded with a cheesy smile before disappearing behind the shelves. Baekhyun suddenly felt embarrassed by his shameless staring and could only hope that you hadn't noticed how he had been gawking at you.

Deciding that you weren't able to solve the equation by yourself after all, you turned to Baekhyun, only to find him already looking at you. The boy visibly flinched at your sudden movement but you didn't give it much thought as you slid the paper to him and sent him a desperate look.

"I've been stuck on it for ten minutes now, please help me," You begged and Baekhyun just nodded before muttering a nervous " O-of course," and ended up mentally cursing himself a good amount of times for stuttering, imagining that you probably thought he was an idiot that couldn't even speak properly.

Unconsciously, both of you scooted closer to one another. An electric rush thundered through his body when his arm brushed against yours and his cheeks immediately called the blood to his cheeks, prompting his face to warm up against his will. A  choked cough escaped his throat, making you turn to him confusedly. Without thinking twice he did the same, regretting his actions immediately. A sharp breath was in as his eyes widened at the mere distance between your faces. Teeth drilled into his lip nervously when noting on how he from the close proximity could've counted your every eyelash if he wanted to.

His mind was telling him to turn the other way for the sake of his fast-beating heart but he found himself glued on his chair, not being able to shift, not to move. His orbs observed how your very own roamed across his face with an unusually serious expression on your face. A thin line between your brows when your eyes landed on the spot above his eye. Your hand suddenly reached out for his face which sent his heart nearly bursting out of his chest. Your silky fingertips softly caressed the blue bruise forming on his brow bone, brushing away some strands of his hair in the process. 

Baekhyun's hands had begun shaking in his laps, the only thing he was able to do was abruptly stand up from his seat and mutter a weak excuse me, his body finally obeying to his brain and he quickly walked out of the library, almost bumping into Jongdae that was just returning from his suspiciously long visit at the restroom. 

Jongdae's surprised gaze switched from you to Baekhyun's disappearing figure. Deciding to follow his friend, he sprinted to your table and threw his stuff hurriedly back into his bag. He sent you an apologetic look when the bag was zipped and swung around his shoulder.

"Excuse us," He muttered before withdrawing just like his friend had done, leaving you at the table on your own with your unfinished homework, confused and worried. Why was there a bruise on his face? Had you done something wrong when you had touched him like that? You could only hope that you hadn't upset him. You found it almost ironic; when you had first met him, you had thought you could figure everything out through that flushed face of his. While now, he was just like the unsolved equation on your paper.

                                                                                                  ***

It took Jongdae about fifteen minutes to find Baekhyun, he had searched in every possible spot inside the school building, only to find him sitting on a bench outside in the school's garden. The soft breeze was sweeping his hair softly while he had his eyes tightly shut.

Jongdae didn't hesitate to approach his friend and sat next to him directly. The bench was hard and uncomfortable but he decided to ignore it and studied Baekhyun's face, reaching with his hand to give his shoulder a light shake. Baekhyun's eyes shot open only to visibly relax once seeing that it was only Jongdae. An attempt of a smile was directed at the friend, which turned out to look like a wince instead. Jongdae's hand didn't leave Baekhyun's shoulder as he parted his lips to speak.

"Are you okay?" He searched for any kind of answer in his eyes, but somehow Baekhyun had become really good at hiding his true feelings. The pink head gave him a more natural smile this time and shook his head.

"I'm fine, Dae," Was all he said as well as he directed his eyes to the sky so that he wouldn't have to look at his friend in the eyes.

"Are you sure? What's on your face?" Jongdae insisted and his index finger carefully poked the faint bruise, making Baekhyun flinch at the sudden touch. A nervous laugh choked out of his throat.

"It's nothing, I just fell down the stairs at home, you know how clumsy I can get," Baekhyun explained and shyly scratched the nape of his neck, but there was no way that Jongdae was going to buy that sort of explanation. Baekhyun was never nervous around him. Jongdae could only watch him silently as his heart dropped further down his stomach, a clenching feeling spreading in his chest. There were no stairs at Baekhyun's place. His friend wasn't opening up to him like he wished he would. Regardless, he didn't push it because he knew that he wasn't going to achieve anything with it.

 

The next day wasn't any better when Baekhyun was seen by Jongdae with a cut on his lip. Struggling to keep his cool, he dragged Baekhyun outside the school building, in the garden where people wouldn't be weirded out. His hand was tightly wrapped on Baekhyun's arm before he eventually yanked it away with a confused look on his face.

"What's gotten into you?" The pink-haired boy asked, bewilderment dripping off his words as he stared at his serious friend with wide eyes. Jongdae crossed his arms over his chest and nodded at Baekhyun's face.

"Baekhyun, what is going on," Jongdae started with a deep sigh, his voice a goo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter