You And Me

You Are Still The One (SEQUEL to You Are The Only One)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was around 10 A.M when I reached Jong-In's office. I stood outside and looked at the huge building that towered over me. I was nervous, my hands were all sweaty. I saw people, rich people, dressed elegantly, going in and out of the building, each and everyone arriving in their own personal car. I was the odd one out with wearing just blue jeans and a floral printed white full sleeve top with a brown colour overcoat. It was already the month of October, so winter was right around the corner.

After 15 mins, I gathered couraged to go inside as people were looking at me just standing there and staring at the building. I went staright to the reception, the receptionist had brunette hair neatly tied into a bun, she was so pretty. She was wearing a white formal shirt and a pencil skirt. She was on a call with someone. As soon as she saw me, she stood up from her seat and bowed. 

I took out my ID and showed her. ''I came from SBS news, I have an interveiw with Mr. Kai'' 

She smiled and nodded, ''Just a minute please''. She again dailed a number then asked for Soon-Kyu and hung up. ''Soon-Kyu will take you to him'' She said and gestured me to seat in the sofa that was in the large living area infront of me. I took a seat and waited a for like 5-10 mins.

''You came for the interveiw?'' a voice said and I looked back.

As if I wasn't getting much surprises these days. Soon-Kyu was none other than Sunny. Her eyes lit up when she saw me but my heart sank, seeing her there. Seeing her in Jong-In's office, made me kind of sad and angry at the same time. What is she doing here? Are they dating? Is he marrying her? All kinds of question came to my mind. I wanted to confront her but seeing her after five years, it was not really my place to ask questions about her personal life. She did wanted to keep contact with me but I was the one who avoided everyone. I changed my number several times and send letters to Jong-In instead. Maybe I wanted only one person to be in my life, that one person who never wanted to see me again.  

''Hyo'' Sunny exclaimed and hugged me. I hugged back unwillingly faking a small smile.

''Didn't expect to see you here?'' I asked.

''I...I work here, I am Kai's personal assistant'' She said and smiled.

The words ''Personal Assistant'' made my blood boil in anger. Why can't she just leave Jong-In alone? But then again, who am I to say that? When I myself caused so much pain for him. And for all I know, he is Kai now. Don't know how  should I address him with.

''This way, follow me'' Sunny said and I followed her.

We went inside the elevator and she pressed the button for the 10th floor. The elevator stops and we come out into this huge hallway, with less people. It was bigger than my apartment. I kept following Sunny. She pointed me to the door to his office which was at the far end and she left. I was all alone now. My heart pounds with every step I take that's bringing him closer to me. A part of me wanted to run away. But I don't want to be jobless. Our team leader already made it clear that this was an important interveiw. Soon I was standing outside his door. My heart beating faster than ever. I slowly knocked three times and heard ''Come in'' soon enough. It was his voice. It was soft and sweet. I slowly opened the door and went inside.

The office was huge with huge glass windows that gave a clear veiw of the city outside. There was a dark walnut bookcase lining the entire left-hand wall. There was a big screen television on the shelf to the right. The far wall has a large fireplace an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter