Final

Between Hopes and Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 Seoul, 10:35 a.m. 23rd day of March, 2020 (during enhancement quarantine) 


TIFFANY POV

Our everyday life isn't simple as breathing the air smoothly when our life was always on the line, we as medical doctors committed to our passion by saving lives of every individuals. As humans, we need enough strength to attend all of our patients, but on these condition, I think my body will collapse anytime soon for sleep deprivation, I excessively overworked every part of my body to aid every patients who needs us. I suffered from headache awhile ago so with my worried colleagues they let me took a break for about 10 minutes.

*thud*

Something dropped from my coat side pocket that caught my attention and noticed it's my late grandmother's gift when I graduated medicine, a colorful-made rosary. I smiled when the memories flooded my thoughts, I prayed everything will be alright and God will hear us out, our prayers I mean. My grandmother says "Always hold on to your faith, believe Him and remember to pray every single souls." It's my daily routine, suddenly tears fell through my eyes, I knew she's always with me even if I failed to saved her because I prioritized my patient, a premature baby boy, he's life was on the line, it's too risky for him so I need to attend his needs, I couldn't leave him but on the other hand, my late grandmother was also on the emergency room, she also needed me but I recalled the day when I graduated from medicine, her voice called for me.

------

5 years ago...

Incheon, 10:35 a.m. 14th day of April 2015

No One POV

"Congratulations Dr. Hwang!" Everyone cheered for their newly graduate medical doctor, the only daughter of Hwang household, the pride of their family, the heiress. The head of the family hugged her daughter in joy, his eyes filled with happy tears as well as his wife watched them with curved lips hugging her mother.

"I'm proud of you Fany!" The father said and embraces his daughter all over again. The doctor shared happy tears together with her parents before she was called by her grandmother alone on their living room.

"Tiffany?" The proud grandmother called her before Tiffany sat beside the elder woman on their sofa.

"For how long you study medicine again?" The elder woman asked the confused doctor before she smiled and answered.

"For about 10 years, I guess." She counted and suddenly her struggles and hardships flooded her thoughts before her grandmother called her again.

"Why did you choose to be a doctor instead of being a businesswoman, you will take over your father's position someday, hm?" The elder woman asked again before the doctor smiled.

"Because I looked cool wearing my white labcoat with my stethoscope." She said proudly with her chin up made the woman laughed.

"Is that all?"

"And saving lives is cool as well." The young and naive doctor said proudly.

"If you will choose between a family and your patient, who will you choose to save?" The elder woman asked curiously made the doctor surprised but she thought she couldn't escaped these questions.

"I will choose my patient, of course." The doctor answered without having a second thoughts before her grandmother patted her shoulder and kissed her forehead in glee.

"Never held back your words." Her grandmother said with a proud smile on her face.

"There's no turning back." The elder woman added.

"I'm proud of you, Fany Fany" They both smiled and shared warmth together.

"Oh, grandma it's Stephanie not Fany Fany!" The doctor whined

------

Present Day

"You have to take the test, Dr. Hwang." Her fellow doctor said with a sad smile on his face.

"Okay." With her straight face, she willingly take the examination since she showed some symptoms of the virus for the past few days.

"Are you sure you will be okay?"

"Why not? I'm stronger than you think, Dr. Kim TaeYeon." A mischievous smile appeared in Dr. Hwang's face as she took the test by her longtime girlfriend slash fellow doctor who also handled the positive COVID-19 patient.

"Remember I'm always by your side." Dr. Kim held her hand and squeezes them tenderly not wanting to let go made Tiffany's heart burst in happiness. She remembered how her parents were against their relationship and she never had a chance to expressed her feelings towards her angry father whose ready to disowned his own daughter.

"I know that's why I'm much stronger."

They both smiled and proceeded the test.

"Thank you." Dr. Kim said in a whisper not wanting to be heard by her girlfriend but Tiffany heard them formed a wide smile on her face before she tackles the woman and hugged her so tight.

"Hey! Hey! Stop it I might hurt you in the process and besides someone might walked into us, you know!" The fellow doctor tried her best to gently pushed away her girlfriend but Dr. Hwang was one of a kind, a very passionate and aggressive woman she ever met during their residency at the hospital.

"I don't care I just want my girlfriend right now and with you in your white coat, it's not helping me not to ." A blushed crept from Dr. Kim's face before she eagerly pushed the teasing woman off her.

"Such a tease." Dr. Kim rolled her eyes before she proceed the test.

------

"You're positive." Not wanting to breakdown infront of her beloved doctor. She didn't looked at the fellow doctor who could only bitterly smile at her before she nodded.

"You're not scared of me? I might transmit the virus on you." Tiffany carefully looked at the woman infront of her whose pretty eyes took interest on her own foot.

"Why would I be scared of my girlfriend? She's pretty and hot." A flustered appeared from TaeYeon's face made her turned her back into Tiffany's.

"Ahhh, why do I say such cringy things infront of you?!" TaeYeon covered her reddened face made Tiffany laughed at her.

"If you can see your face!" Tiffany teases her girlfriend.

"Such a cutie." She whispered.

"You will be quarantined on the isolated room during the medication and recovery." TaeYeon seriously said before their laughed died down.

"I understand." And they both proceeded on the said room with a heavy heart.

-------

"I'm sorry." Tiffany said while her girlfriend cuddling her on their shared bed.

"Nah, it's okay, they might hurt them with their words but I understood them and as a parents I want my child to choose a better person for her." TaeYeon cooed sadly.

"You won't break up on me now, right?" Tiffany muttered made her girlfriend frowned at her questions.

"Why would I break up on you like seriously Ms. Hwang?" TaeYeon retorted made the younger woman laughed at her.

"I thought you'd gonna call it quits by the way you speak now." Tiffany fired back and it's TaeYeon's turn to laughed at her holding her stomach as she laid back on the soft mattress before she stopped.

"Silly." TaeYeon looked at Tiffany's gloomy face before she pulled the other woman into her embrace before they decided to call it a day.

------

Flashback #1

"Are you totally crazy, Tiffany? Seriously a girl? When did you become a homoual? Is it because of her? You will break up on her or else" Mr. Hwang angrily yelled at his daughter before he pointed his finger right into Dr. Kim's direction whose holding Tiffany's hand in fear.

"Or else what, Daddy?" Tiffany bravely stood in level of her father's before her eyes caught her girlfriend's eyes pleading her to stop but she won't leave without a fight.

"I will totally disown you and pretend that my daughter's already dead." Mr. Hwang firmly said before his angry eyes landed on TaeYeon's face filled with fear.

"What kind of spell you put into my precious daughter's mind? You filhty lesbian!?" Mr. Hwang slapped the innocent woman infront of his own daughter.


"DADDY!!!!!" Tiffany pushed her father away from her girlfriend whose helplessly stumbled on their mansions floor.

"Get out of my house!" Her father yelled angrily as he pointed at the door for them to leave.

"I don't want to see your face again." Tiffany suddenly felt a sharp pain piercing her heart when she heard her own father's words before she left of what she called home with TaeYeon holding her hand.

"I'm sorry." TaeYeon said before she respectfully before they took their leave.

------

Present Day

"Life's cruel." A woman on her 40's sighed as she sat alone in the bench trying to consume some fresh air after her shift from the nearby hospital where she worked for almost years.

"I'm glad I will found you here." The woman never looked at the figure appeared, she felt the presence beside her but she never open her eyes due to stress.

"What are you doing here?" She finally open her eyes watching the figure beside her fidgeting and ready to speak but she preferred not to interrupt and just looked at the beautiful blue sky above her and a bitter smile appears from her face followed by sweet tears.

------

Flashback #2

"I'm bored." Tiffany sighed as she watched her girlfriend attending her needs and checked on her frequently if she's recovering and thankfully she's still stable and needs more days for her to finally fully recovered.

"But I always visiting you and also I'm doctor-in-charge on you." TaeYeon swiftly wink at the woman.

"I hope everyone here recovers as soon as possible." Tiffany sadly said before a warm hand touches hers and a smile immediately appears on her face.

"Here." Dr. Kim put something on her both hands. It's Tiffany's precious color-made rosary given by her late grandmother.

"Where did you find it?" Tiffany looked at her doctor whose smiling from ear to ear. She's grateful that her beloved made an effort to searched for her precious treasure she always carried wherever she'll go.

"You said it's something precious for you so I patiently searched for it." Dr. Kim replied as she sat beside her patient.

"I thought I left this in my room."

"I asked your father's permission to crashed on your room because I'm searching important to you." Tiffany's eyes widen in surprise like a size of plate before her own mouth follows the action.

"You did?" TaeYeon nodded.

"What did he do? Did he said yes?" Tiffany curiously asked.

"Of course, it's not easy to pursue your father so I had a serious talk with him." TaeYeon smiled and took her girlfriend's hand on hers.

"He's quite a stubborn like you."

"No, I'm not." Tiffany pouted.

"Cute." TaeYeon kissed her girlfriend's lips quickly before she left with a heartily laughed.

"Yah?! Come back here!" Tiffany yelled but her girlfriend already left but a wide smile appears on her face.

------

Present

"I thought I will get better day by day without you but I think I'm not." A woman on her 40's standing infront of a tombstone. She always visited her late girlfriend's grave during her day off and now it's her 2nd death anniversary.

"You're a selfish brat." She murmured before she laughed as she remembered how her girlfriend always .

"But thank you for loving me." As tears spilled from her eyes before she fell on her knees crying hard because of her girlfriend's passing.

------

Flashback #3

"Everything's out of hand, the virus are getting worse day by day and we're under staff here, other's already infected and stayed at home for self-quarantine." TaeYeon sighed from tiredness as she took a quick break by simply taking seat 5 meters away from her girlfriend. Everyday she deals with different cases of patients whose positive from the virus and she couldn't do anything but to attended each of them almost not seeing her girlfriend.

"I wish I can do something but I'm one of them and I'm useless right now." Tiffany cried silently made her girlfriend's heart torn into pieces seeing her helpless on her condition.

"No, you're not. You'v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter