Chapter 3

Our Story

Have you ever felt so at home with someone?

Where you can be your whole self;

The good, the crazy, and the sad,

The ugly, the weird, and the bad.

You're just...

You.

 


 

Time does fly when you're happy. But have you heard the saying 'time feels unreal when you're happy'?
 

In the first days of our relationship, I already felt like we knew each other for years. It was that comfortable.
 

It was that real.
 

The things I could only say to someone I've known for years, I told her within days.
 

"You know, I'm actually an agnostic. I mean, I have all these crazy ideas in my head, but it might just scare you away." I chuckled as I talked.
 

There's a reason why I felt this way, tbh. There was a time someone told me I was crazy. Or that I was out of my mind.
 

But with her?
 

"Really? I think having crazy ideas makes people wildly interesting. It's not something that will make me run away, so why don't you try telling me some of those? I'm genuinely interested." Sana looked at me with twinkling and curious eyes and smile. She's so cute, and she makes my heart skip a beat every time she looks at me.
 

"Hmmm. Well, I don't believe in a God. But I believe there's something big out there. I don't think it's a guy with a beard wearing white, I just think it's a force that's just stronger than anything and anyone. And rather than calling it God, I prefer calling it the universe. So when I 'pray', I simply talk to the universe." I smiled, feeling proud to be able to tell someone about my personal belief.
 

I looked at Sana and she was just looking at me with wonder and awe.
 

"Wow. Your mind is... amazing."
 

That made me blush madly! 
 

"This is the first time I've heard of something like this. It's interesting and amazing 'cuz like I've never thought of it that way." Sana said.
 

"I don't know, I'm just a big fan of Philosophy so I have plenty of those crazy ideas." I chuckled shyly.
 

"I'd love to hear each and every one of them from here on out." Sana smiled warmly.
 

I never felt so accepted and free with anyone. 
 

✨ 
 

Days passed and things happened. Just like any other relationships, good and bad things happen. We fight, we were sweet. You don't even notice years already passed.
 

Two years after and sometimes I feel like it was just yesterday when I met her. Things change but it also feels like the more things changed, the more things stayed the same.
 

It might not make sense to you, but to me it does. Things in the world and our relationship changed, but our feelings and commitment never did.
 

Things get exciting just the same as things get boring. Days can get dull, but choosing to be with the same person for a long time, that's where love and commitment is important.
 

Relationships shouldn't only focus on the fun and the exciting because it's more than that. 
 

It's fully giving yourself to another person believing and knowing that you can trust them with it.
 

And I can say that that's what I have with this girl.
 

I may not remember every little thing that happened, but I know I love her from day one to today and until forever.
 

Love songs and love poems started to have meaning again. 
 

She is what love is to me.
 

 

 

 

 

Sorry, I could only reach 3 chapters, huhu. 

Happy anniversary. I love you very much! 

Always have, always will. 💛