Three

Your Absence.....
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"This seat is really empty. The owner is no longer here... "

I murmured to myself when I entered the class and didn't see annoying Minhyun at his desk. 

So from today on, Minhyun is no longer our classmate. Though I know his seat is empty, I still look at it some times.

I was so soulless for the whole session. I couldn't concentrate on the lecture as every moment with Minhyun kept popping up on my head. To think of it, I burst out smiling a little. We're really like Tommy and Jerry like our classmates call. Besides bullying, teasing and arguing each other, we don't have any other things to do. Perhaps, we've been doing like daily routine that's why I feel lonely to miss fighting with him.

However, I tried to cheer up myself and focused on the lectures. I played and talked with my classmates as usual. Until the end of today lesson when I checked attendance list, I couldn't help but to sob after I saw his name on the list. I'm the one who takes care of this list. I've not removed his name from the list yet. 

"I'm not gonna remove your name. I'll just put you absence every day." I decided to remain his name unchanged in the list. 

 

Every day, I put him as absence. This is a bit silly but it makes me feel less lonely because I can at least see his name every day. 

 

It has been one month that Minhyun has moved to different major at different building and it has been one month that our class isn't noisy because of our fight also it has been one month that I feel lonely. 

-----

One day during break-time, Minhyun surprised the class by coming to visit us. I was so happy to see him after a month. Everyone was so excited to see him too. They quickly approached him and welcomed warmly. They invited him in the class to sit on his old desk and asked about his new class. He looked so fine and fresh. I could see that he must be doing so fine in his new class. I remained silent, sitting on my desk but I paid attention to all his conversation with our classmates. He even mentioned that it's his subject which meant he found the subject that suits with him. I wanted to talk with him too but he was too busy with everyone and I don't think I'm in the place to show my care for him too much. I kept remaining silent. 

A moment later, bell rang. Minhyun quickly got up from his seat and said good bye to our classmates. Our break time is really short and our buildings are a bit far from each other so it's a bit difficult to visit each other as we all study at the same hour. 

Minhyun said goodbye then was walking pass my desk to leave the class. I kept facing down, acting like I don't care about his presence. Yet, inside my heart I wanted to say something to him so much, such as "good luck on your study, have a good day, thanks for coming to visit us"..... But I couldn't move my mouth to speak such words to him first. I wish he would talk to me first. However he didn't even give a look at me. 

"Class monitor, I'm presence today." he stood in between the door, turning back to give a smirk to me before leaving. I was surprised to hear his words for me. I quickly looked at him but before I could reply anything to him, he left. 

I didn't know why I have to be this happy but I couldn't hold my excitement. I felt complete just to have even a small interaction with him. At the end of lecture, I took out the attendance list and put him as presence.

"You are finally presence after one month, Hwang Minyun. Hehe" 

-----

From that day, he frequently comes to visit our class. But mostly he talks with male classmates like Jonghyun and others. Since break time is short, they can't have long conversation. But Minhyun still comes anyway. Sometimes he talks to me, sometimes he just smirks at me and sometimes we don't say anything. When he comes, I always put him as presence in the attendance list. I don't understand myself why I keep doing this but I'm happy to see his presence become often. 

Anyway, we have changed after he moved t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter