A Reveal

Based On A True Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why would you do that." Luda asks over the phone.

"I don't know." Eunha lets out a long sigh and rubs her forehead. "What do I do?"

"So you do like her back. But I don't understand why you rejected her. Or not. I'm not really sure how to label your response."

"You should've been there."

"Well, I wasn't. And you still haven't told me what happened. Is it true about what Eunbi did?"

Eunha stares at her ceiling as she remembers the events that happened earlier today. 

"...it's the reason why I told her that."

"Eunha, I'm gonna need you to elaborate."

She closes her eyes, and takes out one of the earphones from her ears. "Yes, it's true she hit him. A lot. But only because he was going to hit me. She came at the right time." She turns to lay on her side, facing her phone that was on her pillow. "But once she told me she did it because she wants to protect me— because she likes me—" Eunha hesitates for a moment, but decides to keep what she had in mind to herself. "— I don't know. It changed things."

She hears shuffling around on the other end. 

"Why is that a bad thing?"

"She went too far. How can you justify violence using romantic feelings and intentions?"

"But what would've happened if she didn't come? You would have been hurt."

"We don't know that. Eunwoo doesn't deserve to get hurt either."

"Why are you defending him?"

"I'm not!"

Both sides go silent. Eunha takes a deep breath to recompose, and puts the other earphone back into her ear.

"Do you hate Eunbi now?" Luda calmly asks.

"I never said that. I don't hate her."

"So you feel something else now. Besides affection."

Eunha sits up out of surprise. How was Luda able to deduct that from anything she said? She truly has a different mind. 

"I'll see you tomorrow, Luda."

------

 

"What are you reading there?" she asks as she puts her bag down at her desk.

"Oh, just a book. It's called Some Girls Do." 

"What's it about?"

"I don't want to spoil anything." Luda gives a cheeky smile and goes back to reading. 

Eunha types the title down into her notes app, adding another item to her reading list. 

"So..." The shorter turns her tablet off and puts it into her bag. "About Eunbi."

Eunha purses her lips and turns her attention to her fingers atop the desk. 

"I know we haven't known each other for too long, but I genuinely want to help."

Eunha contemplates on where in her story to start. "Last year, I had a boyfriend. He doesn't go here, so no one knew I had one."

"Oh..." Luda exclaims in surprise, eyes wide. 

"But Eunbi found out one day. It was by accident. After that, she was the one that convinced me to break up with him." She pauses and sees how intently Luda is listening, but didn't fail to notice her knotted eyebrows. 

"He wasn't a great person," Eunha defends. She realized she should have said that earlier to not put Eunbi in a bad light.

"Oh thank goodness. That makes more sense now. I thought it was because she was jealous or something and just told you to break up with him."

Eunha lets out a breathy laugh at the other's reaction. 

"I would have never been able to leave him if it wasn't for her."

"Wait...are you saying...he...?" Luda asks her very quietly, but her words were full of concern and worry.

But speaking of bad timing, the bell rings and the teacher comes into the classroom for first period, together with the other students settling down. 

Eunha gives her a look, as if saying not to worry much and that she'll tell her more later. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter