Moon You

Scattered Warmth

Jackson pressed open the door to Jaebum's studio and peeked inside. He saw the man earnestly set to work. Jaebum had informed them soon after their return back to Korea that he will be working to release a digital single. Jinyoung had inquired from Jackson of the impulse which had accelerated his recuperation and convalescence after the disappointment with the halt in the album release and Jackson had only shrugged the question with the generic 'perhaps-a-change-of-air' answer. Stepping inside, he made himself comfortable on a chair and looked over at the busy bee. 'So hyung, how's the song coming along?' Jackson asks breaking the attention of the composer. 'Hmm . .  . not bad.' 'Any luck you'll be done by the end of this week?' Jackson implores further. 'What's with setting the deadlines, you a PD-nim spy or something?' Jaebum replies with a slight grin this time. Jackson now comes to the point he came to address; 'I was wondering if you would be willing to accompany me to China again. There's a big convention held in Hong Kong this time where they are inviting singer-songwriters, novice and veterans alike, not only from China but from Japan, South Korea and Thailand as well. I was wondering if you would like to participate in it with this song you are working on now. As for me I am going there to support a friend of mine that I have almost forced to participate in this event.' In return all he got was a weary no. Jackson stood up and left. Stopping on the door he returned, 'And here I thought you would jump up to meet your muse once again. That friend of mine that you took away in the heat of the party that night, I pleaded to him to join with one of his Chinese songs. He has this condition where he can't make his face known to the public but it's his voice that matters which must reach people. He gave in after much supplication from my part, so it's essential that I should be there for him. He hardly has any experience interacting with people from our industry afterall.' Jaebum silently listened to the explanation for the invite offered. He had so many questions hovering over him, he didn't even know the details of the younger's friendship with Jackson. 'Ars you said? Why must he conceal himself with this stage name?' He picked on this question to ask in order to keep the conversation relevant and not reveal too much of how invested he was in the other's business. 'Family over dreams, something of that common yet tragic tale of woe,' Jackson retorted. Jaebum now swam in the sea of anticipation for the new song, new breathtaking performance that he was to behold. Such strength and conviction in his voice, emerging from a pale and vulnerable constitution. Jaebum mused, how can someone so young utter rythmic syllables so injuriously warming and endearing to him. How can those eyes look so beautiful in that soft moonlight. Such soft, babylike features - how do they retain these unnecessary burdens. 

"Nan geujeo aegi gateun ni moseub naega jigyeojugoman shipeo"

Indeed, the lyrics started flowing to him lucidly. Jackson just took this mental roaming of his hyung as a sign of affirmation and quietly made his exit. He didn't really know if he was doing the right thing introducing the two but he just couldn't help envisioning time and again the scene he saw that other night. They just looked so lost in one another that they weren't even aware of his presence lurking around them. Also, he couldn't deny the spark in Jaebum's eye was real and almost beyond intrigue - verging on affection. Jaebum had very rarely allowed such a spark to make its way into his eyes. And now that it was directed to his little otter, he couldn't help from rooting for them. Although knowing the two of them, it would be more stealthier than his impatience grants. And considering the odds of things being messed up, he invited none other than Got6' matchmaking godfairy, Jinyoung along too.