Stay

Too Plain To Be Noticed.

‘Lauren! Lauren!!’ I yell as I desperately look around to find a little girl with long dark hair and the face of an angel.  ‘Lauren, where are you?!’

I sigh as I see the shop where we decided to meet again because it means I’ve been searching all the area around me and still haven’t found her. I hope for a better result with the other members but get disappointed as I see Byunghee and Cheondoong approaching without a little girl. They slowly shake their heads.

‘We couldn’t find her…’

‘We looked everywhere, though.’ Cheondoong sighs.

‘Maybe Joon and Mir-‘

My sentence gets cut off as I hear their voices even before I see them. As soon as they appear, their expression tell me they’re both close to bursting down in tears. I’m pretty sure they just made the thoughts of the other one much worse, so now they’re both completely in panic.

‘Oh, where could she be?’ Mir whines. ‘My future wife, where could she be?’

‘It’s all my fault.’ Joon says as tears form in his eyes. ‘I should have taken better care fo her.’

‘No, it’s my fault as well, hyung.’ The younger one replies and takes Joon into a hug.

Of course it’s their fault. If they hadn’t been so caught up with that Pororo toy, then we wouldn’t have been in the situation we are in now. I can’t bring myself up to being angry with them, though. Maybe I’ll get pissed once we found Lauren and I can be my normal self again. But not for now.

‘Let’s split one more time.’ I propose. ‘Joon, you go with Byunghee. Cheondoong and Mir, you two for a pair as well.’

‘Yah, why can’t I pair up with Mir again?’ Joon complains.

‘Because the two of you are a disaster together!’ I snap.

‘Fine, but if I’m going to be paired up with anyone else but Mir, then I prefer Cheondoong, thank you very much. Byunghee is just an annoying child.’

As if this is really the time to be complaining about who to be paired up with. This person…

‘Does it really matter?’ I say in between my teeth.

‘It does to me. We want the best result, right?’

‘How much better can the result be after finding her?!’

‘I meant to find her faster.’

‘Fine.’ I sigh. ‘Joon with Cheondoong. Byunghee and the maknae. I’ll go alone. Start!’

We all go different ways again to continue our search. As I start walking again, I keep looking at the ground to find small feet. I look up every single time my eye catches a pair of tiny shoes. But it’s never her. Always some other random kid. Nothing special, just plain. They all miss the cuteness Lauren has. I’m still walking as my phone starts ringing Byunghee’s tone.

‘Yeah?’ I answer as soon as possible, hoping for good news.

‘Hyung, some guy told me he saw a little girl that looked like the one in the picture I was showing him. There’s only one kid like Lauren so it has to be her! He also said she was with another girl who as very-‘

‘Pretty.’ I finish his sentence as my eye falls on the girl in front of me. She is absolutely perfect. From her hands, to her feet, to her eyesmile and lips. But the thing that makes her more beautiful than any other person in this place is that she is holding my daughter in her arms.

‘Pretty, yes.’ I hear Byunghee’s voice next to me. But it’s not from my phone, it’s because he’s really next to me. We must look like complete fools, each one holding a phone against his head, while looking at the girl in front of us.

‘Whoah…’ Cheondoong sighs as he comes standing next to me on the other side.

‘I told you we’ve already been here! This is not the right place!’ I hear Joon yell from behind me, but I don’t even have the energy to turn around and scold him because the person in front of me is so hard to look away from. Seconds later, he runs into my back and soon another one follows, which makes the five of us all jump a bit to the front.

‘Yah, why are you all standing here while Joon and I are looking for our daughter?’

And then I remember that those two shouldn’t have been together in the first place, so I put away my phone again and then turn around to look at them instead.

‘Yah, didn’t I tell you to go with Byunghee instead of Joon? Why do you two never listen to what I tell you to do?’ I scold him.

‘Why? We wanted to go together instead!’ Joon defends him and pulls Mir behind his back.

‘You two…! I have less problems with Lauren who is about a sixth your age!’

‘Are you really throwing math into this? You know I can’t do math!’ He continues his complains.

‘APPA!’

We all shut up in a second and turn around as fast as we can. Lauren is pointing and waving as us as she whispers something into the girl’s ear, who nods and puts my daughter on the ground so she can run towards us again.

‘Who is she?’ Joon quietly asks.

‘It’s my wife.’ Mir says as if it’s obvious.

‘Not Lauren, I meant the other girl.’

‘I wasn’t talking about Lauren either.’ Mir grins at Joon, who suddenly has a stupid grin on his face as well.

‘That’s enough.’ I quickly snap, before picking up Lauren, who has arrived in front of me.

‘Seungho appa!’

‘Don’t ever run away like that again, Lauren. Appa was really worried.’

‘I’m sorry.’ She pouts that little pout of her.

‘Give appa a kiss and I’ll forgive you for this one time.’

She quickly kisses my cheek and then puts her head on my shoulder in a bit of a hug. ‘I’m sorry, appa.’

‘It’s okay.’ I answer with a smile as she appears again. ‘Who’s your friend?’ I wonder as I wave at the girl, who is still standing a bit further, looking at us while uncomfortable wondering if she should come towards us or not. I give her a sign to do the last, so she slowly approaches.

‘Oh my God, she’s coming this way! How do I look?’ Mir freaks out.

‘Perfect. You look great.’ Joon reassures him, as he quickly fixes his hair a bit.

‘Would you two stop that? Act like you’re supposed to act as idols.’ I quickly say in between my teeth so no one will hear, only us.

‘Hello.’ The girl quietly says with a shy smile as she’s in front of us.

‘3,2,’ I start. ‘Hello, we’re MBLAQ!’ we finish our greeting, as we try to ignore the fact that some people turns their heads to look at us.

‘Ah, she didn’t tell me her appa’s where MBLAQ….’ The girl answers, not sure how to act.

‘We told her to only tell pretty girls, though. Lauren must have been confused.’ Byunghee laughs as I mentally slap myself to the head for his lame answer.

‘Ah, thank you.’ The girl answer with a smile. ‘You are all very handsome too!’

‘Really? Who’s your favourite member?!’ Mir asks, already jumping up and down.

‘Can I really say it out loud?’ She wonders.

‘Of course!’

‘Then my favourite member is the leader.’ She answers while covering a bit of her face to not show her embarrassment. I think it’s cute, though.

‘Thank you.’ I smile at her. ‘You want to take a picture together?’

‘Ah, of course!’

I can see the other members sighing and looking the other way in annoyance.

‘Do you want to take the picture with us?’ I ask Lauren, who nods with a smile.

I can’t help but to feel slightly nervous as I walk towards the girl. I’ve never been like this although I’ve taken many pictures with fans before. The moment she locks arms with me, my heart feels like exploding. We pose and some seconds later the picture is taken. I’m happy as I notice she doesn’t remove her arm while looking at her phone. It didn’t come out good.

‘Is it okay if we take another picture?’ She shyly asks.

‘Of course, no problem!’ I reassure her with my trembling heart.

‘Yah, what is taking so long? We have other things to do as well?!’ The other members complain, but stop as soon as they see the look on my face.

‘Aishh. I don’t like this.’ Mir complains. ‘First Lauren, now this girl. Seungho gets all of them. All my future wives. It’s not fair.’

‘I know.’ Joon says and puts his arm around the maknae.

‘Don’t mind them, they’re just jealous.’ I say to her, feeling embarrassed over my members.

‘Really? Ah, let’s take it quickly then.’ She answers with a smile.

Once again we take a pose, but this time it feels like she gets even closer to me. I might die if she gets any closer than this. This time the picture comes out well and I’m not sure to be happy about it or sad.

‘Thank you.’ She smiles a beautiful smile and I do the same in response. Then she turns around to the other members and gives them a smile as well. ‘Do you mind taking a picture with me as well?’

Their expression changes in a second as they happily come closer. I’m not sure why, but it makes me happy to see the picture with the other members come out perfect from the start. The stupid idea fills my head that she might have done it on purpose, ruining the first one to be able to take another one…

After taking the pictures, she thanks us all once again. ‘Then I guess I’ll be leaving again then…’

‘Yeah.’ I answer, and already feel sad although she’s still in front of us. I want to see more of this girl even though I don’t even know her name.

‘Goodbye! I’ll be supporting MBLAQ forever! MBLAQ hwaiting!’ She smiles and then turns around to slowly walks away.

It feels weird to see her go.

‘Appa, you like that girl, don’t you?’ Lauren whispers into my ear all of a sudden. I look at the girl in my arms and then nod. ‘I do… How do you know?’

‘You were holding me to your chest all this time. I could feel appa’s heat beat faster.’

I can’t help but to smile as I look from my daughter to the girl that is walking further and further away. It’s not too late.

‘Lauren, appa has to do something really quick, okay? I’ll be right back.’ I say to her as I give her to Mir.

‘Yah, where are you going?’ He wonders as I start running towards the girl.

‘WAIT!’ I yell. She turns around and looks at me in a surprised way. I stop in front of her and take some moments to catch my breath again.

‘Yeah?’ She looks at me with a confused expression.

‘You know… we do need a mother… for our daughter Lauren.’

A big smile appears on the girl’s face, making her even prettier than she already is. ‘Good, but only if you are my husband.’

I laugh and nod. ‘Good, I’ll be your husband then.’ I reply and slowly take her hand. ‘Let’s take good care of our daughter and of each other as well.’

‘Yeah.’ She answers and then, out of nowhere, kisses my cheek. Before I can answer or do anything, she runs away in embarrassment. I let my hand go to the place her lips have been just seconds ago and can’t help but to smile.

‘Yah! Don’t run from your husband.’ I yell as I start running after her.

It doesn’t take long before I catch her.

‘I can see where my daughter learned how to run away from me.’ I laugh as I take her in my arms. ‘Don’t run away, honey. We still have the rest of our lives to spend together.’ I smile and kiss her cheek as well.

 

__

Choilove: It’s not that great, I know, I was having some trouble with inspiration so please forgive me. xD Anyway, thank you for reading and please comment ^^ Also I'd like to take a moment to wish leader Seungho a good en quick recovery T.T I heard he fell down or something and that he's in the hospital right now... Get well soon!