Chapter 11

Dreams Come True (Sometimes)
"Is this it?" She asked looking at the name plate of the house which had 'Jeon Residence' encrypted in fancy letters.

"Yes" came the simple answer from her friend. She held on tight to the gun, feeling the burden of the mission on their hands now.

"Are we going to barge in?" She questioned again. This time Jisoo rolled her eyes having enough of her antics.

"It's not like we have a key. Do you want me to ring the doorbell and kindly request them to let us in?"

With a pout Rosé decided to keep quiet after the sarcastic remark from Jisoo. In her defense, she never got a mission that involved violence. Neither did Jisoo though.

"Let me see if I can hear anything from the inside" Jisoo said as she leaned her head to the side and brought her ear closer to the door. She was trying to make an estimate of the number people in the house.

Rosé saw how Jisoo's face morphed into a curious expression with raised brows and an amused smile. She patted the door indicating Rosé to do the same.

When her ear came in contact with the hardwood door she could hear the muffled voices. It was clear enough to be distinguishable.

"Come on just try it Miyeon" She heard the deep voice of a man. Probably in his fifties now. Her ears perked up at the mention of their target confirming her presence in the house.

"It's too big" Came the reply from whom she guessed to be Miyeon. But their was something odd about their conversation. Rosé frowned while Jisoo looked at her, moving her brows up and down with a mischievous smile on her face.

"It'll fit perfectly, let me help you" and after a series of inappropriate whines and grunts Rosé had heard enough, immediately pulling away from the door disgusted.

Jisoo on the otherhand, laughed finally moving away. For someone leading this mission which usually burdens someone, Jisoo sure was carefree and energetic. Moreso at the thought of being able to witness what was happening at the other side of the door. Rosé felt the exact opposite of that. "Let's ruin their fun"

"No Jisoo" Rosé held on to Jisoo's shoulders to stop her. "We can't barge in when they are not dressed and doing that"

Jisoo looked at her with a blank face. "Rosé! We're gangsters, it's our job, now move"

There were no room for arguments as Jisoo pushed Rosé away, raising her right leg and kicking the door handle which gave in pretty easily causing it to open with a loud sound. Rosé braced herself by covering her face with her left hand while pointing the righthand which was holding the gun at where she blindly assumed the two people were at.

"Get dressed now" She shouted waving her gun at different directions. She could hear the surprised yelps from the two people inside yet still chose to not peek.

But the next thing she knew there was a slap on her shoulder and Jisoo's disappointed voice filling her ears. "There's nothing to see"

She cautiously removed her hand that was covering her face and glanced to the side where the sounds came from earlier. There sitting on the sofa was a middle aged woman, most probably Miyeon. The man was infront of her crouching down with one hand holding on to Miyeon's right foot laid on his knee with an uncomfortaly tall heel now tightly fitted on it.

Oh! He was just helping her with them. Rosé would have laughed if not for the serious task they had to complete. Actually, it was better now that she knew Miyeon could not run that fast wearing those. From the limited info they had, she knew Miyeon was more experienced in this field. So they better utilise every disadvantage the woman had.

"Hands up and stand" Thankfully Jisoo took the initiative in taking the lead. "You're Miyeon right?"

There was some kind of hesitation where the woman glanced at the man before nodding. Weird. Rosé focused on her task taking out a napkin and a bottle of chloroform, dipping some of it in the napkin. She saw how Miyeon's panicked eyes flitted over to the napkin.

It only took two steps for her to reach over to the man who was completely frozen due to the gun pointed at him. For such a tough looking man he was not that brave. And in an instant he was passed out on the sofa with Rosé focusing on her main target.

"You're seriously going to put the napkin you put over his mouth on my face? Disgusting"

That stopped Rosé's advances for a minute. Odd. Miyeon was sure a weird woman. Being the nice person she was Rosé was going to take another napkin out when Jisoo yelled agitated.

"She's trying to buy more time idiot! Just go on with it" And Jisoo was right the woman was now further away from her and was about to break into a sprint.

For a middle aged woman with tall  heels, her movements were pretty fast and precise. Rosé had to knock down some ornaments blocking her path as she chased the woman across the corridor with Jisoo trailing behind them. They were ordered not to harm Miyeon, so shooting was out of option.

She finally caught Miyeon at a dead end, Jisoo held on to the woman's wrist as Rosé tried in vain to put the napkin over to Miyeon's face which was a difficult task considering the fact that the woman was thrashing around with all the resistance she had.

"Wait! I'm not- Ack!" Rosé was not keen on hearing any of her excuses as she saw the brief opening and finally covering the woman's face with the napkin and keeping it there with all her might until the woman finally gave in going rigid in Rosé's arms.

There was a pat on her back and she turned to see Jisoo with a proud grin on her face. "Good Job!"

----------------‐-‐---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Finally, Jeon Residence!" Miyeon analysed the big mansion like house which seemed to be a total misfit among all the houses in the area that were much smaller in comparison.

She turned back when she heard a grunt from behind her to see Minnie hanging up on whoever was on the phone. The girl had not been happy when Miyeon's chosen convertible had broken down in the middle of the road. She was not sure if the girl was mad at the delay it caused in their mission or the money she had to pay for the repair of the convertible.

But alas! They made it. All they have to do was go in point a gun at Jo Hakyeon and get those diamonds. Maybe offer him one of it just to keep his mouth shut and then it would be just her and Minnie on their way out of Korea. A dream she had classified as unattainable was almost within her reach now.

She was eager to get it over with even following Minnie without being told to do so for once. But, ofcourse lately things does not seem to go the way Miyeon planned.

The door of the house was wide open which would be strange in any given circumstances. Minnie immediately took out her gun raising her free hand to usher Miyeon behind her, which had Miyeon melting at the girl's thoughtfulness for a second.

"Maybe Claus is already here"

Shattered were Miyeon's high castles made in thin air. They were doomed if that was really the case. She looked at Minnie wanting to ask her to runaway with her. Without the diamonds. Then there would be still the chance of saving Miyeon's dreams.

But Miyeon kept quiet accepting the bizarre truth of reality. Her dreams were very different from Minnie's afterall. Minnie's dreams involved those diamonds that everyone wanted. The whole point of having Miyeon along her side was for that exact reason.

The determined expression on Minnie's face was palpable and it was evident that she would not deter even after knowing the high chances of them dying if Claus was at the other side of the door. And Miyeon, no matter how tempting it was would not back away as well. She had decided to be on Minnie's side, so that she would do.

With a simultaneous nod both of them finally stepped inside the house with Minnie having raised her gun ready for the potential attack on them. Instead of bullets what greeted them were silence of an empty house. An almost empty house. Upon closer look Miyeon could see that there was one lone figure laid over the sofa.

She walked over towards the unconscious person on the sofa with Minnie trailing behind her.

"It's not Jo Hakyeon" She declared after analysing the facial features which were not that hard. This man was obviously in his fifties while Jo Hakyeon whom she had met in the train was young with a smaller figure.

Minnie took the liberty in waking him by gently shaking him. When she got no response she decided to hit his face lightly which did the trick. He woke up with a jolt immediately standing up causing both Minnie and Miyeon to back away slightly.

"Miyeon!" He called out. "They took Miyeon"

Minnie took a defensive stance infront of Miyeon again which she was thankful for this time because she was genuinely creeped out by the man.

"You know him?" Minnie asked her.

"No" She answered hoping to convey her disgust through hed expression.

Minnie pointed her gun at him this time effectively halting him and his hysteria. With her free hand, Minnie showed the man her law enforcement badge. "What are you talking about? What happened here?"

"Two women with guns entered our house and they took Miyeon" he answered briefly, too scared with the gun still pointed at him.

"!" Miyeon had not thought about this. Though it was obvious that Claus would send some people in pursuit of her, she did not think about the chances of a Miyeon being here at this very house. The thought of an innocent woman being at her place bothered her.

As if she can read the inner turmoil going inside Miyeon's head, Minnie spoke. "It's not your fault Miyeon, just ask about Jo Hakyeon, take what we want and leave. There's nothing we could do anyway"

It was true that there was nothing they could do about it, but Minnie could atleast be a little empathetic. Instead the girl just brushed it off with a neutral expression. It was way out of the characteristic Minnie she had in her mind and heart which had her questioning, was Minnie always like this?

Miyeon quietly brushed off the slight irritation she had felt focusing on the conversation happening between Minnie and the man named Jeon Youngmin.

"-and I left him at the club. Never saw him after that"

Minnie was aggravated now but Miyeon could not really bring herself to blame the man. Her mind went back to the time she met Jo Hakyeon on the train. To think that he had the audacity to flirt with her when he was on his way to meet his future wife.

"Now what?" Minnie turned to her this time still frustrated over the turn of events and she did not even try to control her volume "Tell me Miyeon! Where are we going to find Jo Hakyeon?"

Miyeon felt her blood boiling this time. Minnie was looking at her like she was the one at fault. It was, to some extent. Miyeon could not deny that, she was the one who had put the diamonds in Jo Hakyeon's bag after all. But it still did not give Minnie the right to explode at her like that. She was met with the sudden realisation that even after knowing Minnie for all these years, there were still things she really did not know about the girl. For Miyeon, it was a hard pill to swallow that even Minnie could have negative attributes.

Before she could let out her own anger another ruckus started.

A group of weird men wearing what looked like red dresses barged in to the house. They had long knives in their hands while the only odd one with a dark blue dress came into the front. It only took Miyeon a second to understand that this was the one incharge of this weird psycho squad.

Minnie had her gun pointed at them now. "Are they from your gang?"

Miyeon wanted to retort that she was not from that gang anymore but decided against it. She still answered with a roll of her eyes "Last time I checked Claus still had class. Weird dresses and long knives are not his style"

Before they can even address the group the leader pushed someone hidden behind the group which led him to fall right infront of them. He had normal clothes and was pretty beat up.

The leader pointed his forefinger towards the man on the ground. "That's Jo Hakyeon"

Miyeon looked at him again, but found no similarity to the person she had met at the train. "That's not Jo Hakyeon. What kind of joke is this?"

"That's not him" Jeon Youngmin also confirmed from behind them.

The figure on the ground sat up with much difficulty and spoke looking at Jeon Youngmin "I am the real Jo Hakyeon Sir. The one you met was a fraud. I've been telling these goons that I'm your son-in-law"

And just when Miyeon thought that the things happening could not get any weirder, it did.

"Let me tell you all about Song Shuhua. The girl who deceived you twice already" The leader of the psycho squad spoke again. He pointed at Jeon Youngmin.

"Twice?" The man croaked out.

"Yes" The leader affirmed. "Once as Jo Hakyeon and the other time as the lady who you had thought you saved from us"

"Mi-Miyeon?" He asked with a betrayed expression portrayed on his face.

The leader nodded again. When the leader proceeded to explain, Miyeon's confused brain suddenly functioned putting two and two together. The girl named Shuhua must have used her name in order to deceive Jeon Youngmin and ended up getting caught by Claus's men.

Serves her right! She scoffed at the thought, the earlier guilt and remorse she felt vanishing instantly. But it seemed that she was missing one important detail that only registered in her head when Minnie questioned about it.

"What about her luggage? Most precisely the luggage bag she had when she was dressed up as Jo Hakyeon?"

Jeon Youngmin answered by lifting his shoulders up in a shrug. Minnie groaned visibly frustrated with the new twist in their plan.

"Why does these kinds of stuff always happen to me?" Minnie sounded like she had  given up now. Miyeon also felt the sadness because of how defeated the girl looked and sounded. It was only a moment ago that she was about to lash out at the girl. Miyeon cursed her feelings that seemed to rapidly change in a span of minutes. "We're never getting our hands on those diamonds Miyeon. Let's just go back"

All the ears in the room visibly perked up at the mention of the word diamonds. Miyeon refrained herself from slapping Minnie for the slip up.

"Yeah that's not happening" There was no way Miyeon was giving up. She took the gun in Minnie's hand and pointed at the unwelcomed guests. She had to deal with these people first. "It's time for you all to leave"

They tried to refuse but a modern gun against traditional knives was a loosing battle for them and thankfully the leader seemed to have enough brain cells to understand that. They all scurried off taking the real Jo Hakyeon with them. Miyeon knew they were the greedy type to stick around but, that was a trouble she would deal with later.

"I'm pretty sure that Shuhua girl would have left her luggage in this house. She left for the club and wouldn't have taken a luggage bag with her" Miyeon explained to Minnie. She felt satisfied with her actions when Minnie's eyes lighted up again with hope and determination.

"We just have to turn this house upside down and look for that damn bag" She reassured the girl giving back the gun she had taken from her.

They had just started searching when a loud ear piercing shriek echoed throughout the house. Miyeon turned to the source of the sound just in time to see three figures stop at the main entrance of the house.

"Is this house a hotspot for attracting all the weirdos?" She questioned to no one in particular. Little did Miyeon know the this was only the beginning.

 

 

 

Authors Note:
Took so long to get this one done. Don't know why but this chapter was particularly hard to write.
Feel free to comment on any mistakes I made.
Hope you all have a great day.