The Encounter's Promise

Don't Worry

Yoona was nervous since it's her first day in college. Dongguk University - she never expected that she would pass in a prestigious university. She is always confident don't get her wrong but the environment was unfamiliar. Walking around the campus, she found her group of friends in the middle of the forum surrounded by a crowd - Sooyoung, and Seohyun was waving at her with a bright smile plastered on their faces. Yoona's face softened and went towards her friends.

"What a relief, I thought I'll be alone but those two dorks showed up..." Yoona muttered to herself as she passed by the crowd walking towards her group. 

"Yo Yoong! Hurry up you lazy !" Sooyoung screamed. 

"Unnie your embarrassing, we are not alone here and if you are caught shouting by a discipline officer we will have a stain in our records on our first day" Seohyun whispered.

"Yah! You are so uptight Seobaby, chill and enjoy. We won't be caught since we are surrounded by a sea of people hahahahaha! Sooyoung replied.

Yoona wanted to strangle Sooyoung for screaming so loud. She likes to attract attention as always, she thought, while reaching her destination. She was then attacked by a group hug. I really don't like hugs, she bitterly thought but deep inside it made her feel warm and fuzzy. 
"How long have you been standing here?" Yoona asked the two.

"We arrived around 8:30 am and met in front of the gate" Sooyoung replied.

"Unnie we texted and chatted you but you did not reply" Seohyun pouted as she told Yoona.

"Well, I did not check my phone cause you know I - she was cut off by Sooyoung

" rarely communicate and feels like there are no important things happening, yeah yeah lame excuses as always Yoong"

Seohyun sighed and said, "Yoona unnie you need to learn how to communicate and do not act cold, we know you love talking to us. No man is an island, you know". Yoona stared at her like she was processing everything. Yoona opened to rebut but was interrupted by a person.

"SOOYOUNG IDIOT BUDDY HELLO!" A tall tanned girl screamed. 

"SHIKSHIN THERE YOU ARE!" A short blonde girl exclaimed.

The three girls turned their heads towards the two people who were screaming. Suddenly, Sooyoung grinned while Seohyun was confused. Yoona just stared curiously. I think that those are crazy, dorky, and funny. In short, kkabs. Their auras seem like that. Yoona noted mentally. However, her focus was on a certain tanned skin girl with an idiotic smile.

"YUWREEEE HYOOOOOOOO"
The three of them jumped around while laughing like there was no tomorrow. Yoona and Seohyun watched in amazement while thinking. Three crackheads are together. This a true definition of chaos. Yoona and Seohyun looked at each other like they read each other's minds. The three crackheads stopped jumping and were grinning at each other while catching their breaths. Then, Sooyoung introduced the two idiots to her best friends.

"Yoong, Seobaby the dumb tanned girl is Yuri "
"Hey! I am not an idiot!" Yuri exclaimed

Sooyoung shrugged it off then continued. "and the idiotic gangster is Hyoyeon." Hyoyeon did a gun pose while saying BANG! Yoona and Seohyun laughed.

"She is a gangster alright" Yuri added.

"I met them during the summer dance workshop that I went to." Sooyoung finished her introduction.

"Nice to meet you, Yuri and Hyoyeon!" Yoona and Seohyun replied.
" We heard a lot about the two of you from Sooyoung" Hyoyeon stated.
"Yeah, Soo has a big mouth that's why she ate like a pig" Yuri added.

"That's true". Yoona and Seohyun agreed.
"YAH! I have no one to defend me huhuhuhu" Sooyoung cried. However, the four girls ignored her and were conversing with each other.

"Are we differently colored?" Hyoyeon asked. Seohyun then replied, "What do you mean unnie?"

"Are we in different majors that what she meant" Yuri replied while rolling her eyes.
"Your language, I mean your words are unique Hyoyeon". Yoona said.

"Wait, is Seohyun younger than us?" Yuri inquired.

"Yeah, she's accelerated. She is smarter than her age". Yoona replied.
"WOAH she's a genius" Both Yuri and Hyoyeon exclaimed. They looked at each other then laugh. They're totally a unique kind of people. Yoona thought.

"The five of us belongs to the College of Arts. Hyo's Major is dance. While Yoong and Yuri have the same majors which are Theatre Studies and Film. Seobaby and I are in Theatre Acting. " Sooyoung explained.

"Ohhhhhh Yoona and I are classmates! At least, I have someone who is familiar" Yuri said while smiling. Yoona was staring at Yuri and smiled unknowingly. It seems like Yoona was reacting to Yuri naturally. She felt like they have a certain kind of connection but she did not want to think deeply about it. 

"Unnies class will start soon. We have to get ready. We do not want to be late on our first day." They all nodded. However, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon love to add side comments. "It seems like the maknae is so strict, don't you think Soo?" Hyoyeon teased. "Yeahhh she's stricter than the principal or maybe she is the principal omo!" Yoona and Yuri laughed at the duo. Meanwhile, Seohyun's was nose was getting bigger and exhaled - yeah she is mad. 

The bell rang which signals every student to proceed to their respective classes. The five of them parted ways and said good luck to each other. However, Hyoyeon pulled Yoona and said, "Yoong? Can I call you that?". Yoona nodded. Hyoyeon smiled and continued, "Yoong, please take care of Yuri. She is a ball of energy but she needs someone who she can talk to. Can you promise me that you will take care of her?" Hyoyeon asked sincerely.

Hyoyeon and Yuri are buddies since then. They do crazy things together. They got each other's back. They stick together - in good times or in bad times. However, this is the first time that they will be separated. Both of them are chasing their dreams.

Yuri is a happy person. She laughs the most and makes everyone around her laugh too. However, those who laugh the most have experienced the most pain. Yoona is not good at promises. She knows that when you promise something, you need to fulfill it. She does not want to say words that she did not mean. She told herself that she will never make any promises again. She had broken a lot of promises and resulted in a painful parting. 

Yoona looked at Hyoyeon in the eyes and said, "Yes, I promise I'll take care of her". Yoona's eyes shined with determination. Hyoyeon felt the sincerity and conviction of Yoona. "Thank you, Yoong." Hyoyeon smiled. Hyoyeon pointed her finger towards the direction where Yuri was waiting for Yoona near the green lockers. "She is waiting for you. You can go now before she acts like a grump hahaha. See ya later."

"See ya, Hyo! Good luck with your first class. Hwaiting!" Yoona said while running towards Yuri.

You are in good hands, Yuri. Hyoyeon happily thought while walking towards her classroom.

"We are going to be late. Stupid Hyoyeon dragging back Yoona. I'm gonna kick her or strangle Hyo later if we gonna be late...Yuri muttered to herself. Yuri was looking at her phone when Yoona appeared in front of her. "Hey, Yuri!" 

Yuri was surprised to the point that she almost dropped her phone. Yuri stared at Yoona and said, "Hey don't scare me like that. You could've tapped my shoulder or wave your hand in front of my face tsk"

Yoona laughed at Yuri's reaction. "I'm sorry but your reaction is funny. I cannot promise that I won't do it again" Yoona smirked. 

Before Yuri can reply, she decided to grab Yoona's hand and drag her towards their class. "Let's go!"

Yoona was surprised by the sudden contact. Their hands were intertwined with each other. 

Fortunately, they arrived on time. They were seated beside each other at the back. They looked at each other and laughed.

A promise that was made on an encounter. 

It was one step that made a difference. One step that made her arrived at the front of a house.  

The start of finding Yoona's home.