Open Book

Don't Worry

Yoona loves to talk when she is with her close friends and family. She may appear intimidating at times but she's a soft-hearted person. She always approaches people first to establish a rapport; however, an idiot with no rationalities nor logic came closer to her unguarded. 

 

Yoona's POV

 

To be honest, I do not trust the people around me. I have these walls or let's just say I built barriers to protect me. You can never unlock any doors since the only one that holds the keys is me. I decide what people want to see, to hear, to feel - I create what I want you to think about me. 

 

I always feel alone even though I am surrounded by people who always expressed that they're always here for me. Yeah, I know. I have them...but I feel empty. I am searching for something that I cannot comprehend. I am a close book that's why I love to analyze people like an open book. I need to talk to them first. Then, Kwon Yuri happened.

 

It was lunchtime and Kwon Yuri was excited. I always wondered why that kkab is always hyper. I mean...where the hell does she get all the energy? Is she on drugs or something? 

 

"Hey, Yoong! Hyo texted me that they are waiting for us at the cafeteria. Comeeeee onnnnn!" Yuri dragged Yoona while smiling and jumping.

I swear she is an idiot. She always dragged me unexpectedly. I should tell her to stop but how could I? Before I can say anything, she always beat me by doing something unpredictable.

 

"Yul slow down, we are not in a race you know."

She just smiled at me as always.

"Hahahahahaha you are so serious Yoong. You are hungry and I am hungry, that reason is enough for us to be speedy."

 

I sighed. "You meant that's enough reason for us to move quickly"

Yuri looks at me with her dumbfounded expression and I glared at her.

 

"Yoong are you like my translator or something?" Yuri asked me in a teasing manner. She laughed and it was irritating me.

 

"Awwwww Yoong you look like you're gonna murder someone. Should I warn the person first so that certain someone could say his or her last words?" Yuri continued to tease me.

 

"Yeah, you should. So, Kwon Yuri any last words?" I said with baring teeth. 

 

Kwon Yuri really knows how to push the WRONG buttons. I thought while waiting for her response.

 

She grinned and said, "I am hungry". Before I get the chance to reply she held my hand and pulled me towards the cafeteria. If glares could kill a person, then Kwon Yuri could have died a long time ago.

 

When we arrived at the cafeteria, our three friends are sitting in the middle. What surprised me is that we have other companions.

 

"Great more people...I muttered as calculated my behavior on how to act in front. Well, I am in a bad mood not just due to a certain idiot that teased me but I am stressed lately.

 

Seobaby saw us and waved. I just smiled while idiotic Yul waved back.

 

"Ohhhhhh here comes Yoong and Yul"

"Hey you two are late and we are starving to death huhuhuhu"

 

Soo and Hyo are like buddies who back up each other's conversations. 

"MY BUDDIES HELLOOOOOOO!" Yuri hugged them like they have not seen each other for years.

 

I rolled my eyes. My friends can be overdramatic. Wait, ARE overdramatic. I sometimes thought about the reason why am I friends with them.

 

Finally, we settled down first but I kept looking at the two midgets sitting across me. 

 

"Sooooo before we start eating, I'll introduce the two dwarfs from Snow White"

"SHUT UP YOU RETARD" The two midgets screamed. While we laughed. I found it hilarious when Sooyoung blurts out a joke naturally.

 

"They are -"

 

" I am Lee Sunny and this is Kim Taeyeon"

 

"That Giant pea brain does not know how to introduce people normally. Oh, wait, Sooyoung is abnormal. MWAHAHAHAHAA"

 

"Nice one, Kim Taeyeon HAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

 

The two midgets were supporting each other. Sooyoung's face became red. Hahahahahaha she is mad.

 

"Hey, Soo. You look like a steamed tomato HAHAHAHHA"

 

"Do you want me to choke you to death, KWON YURI?"

 

They started insulting each other. "What do we do, Yoona-unnie?"

I looked at Seobaby and nod at her.

 

"YOU IDIOTS STOP FIGHTING RIGHT NOW!" I shouted at them. Fortunately, the whole cafeteria was buzzing with a lot of noises so I was not humiliated nor embarrassed that they can hear me.

 

The five idiots froze and saw a scary face Yoona looking at them. They gulped and were scared to even breathe. 

 

I signaled them to sit as a group of obedient dogs following their master.

They lowered their heads as they settled down.

 

Yoona oozing with a deadly aura said, "So, let's eat, shall we? If anyone misbehaves just imagine the worst-case-scenario of what will happen."

 

Even Seohyun who is just watching what's happening can feel the goosebumps and chills of Yoona's speech.

 

Everyone started eating. However, Yuri sensed that Yoona's mood. She was sure that something is wrong with her. Soo, Hyo, and Seo were looking at each other like sending signals who is brave enough to ask Yoona.

 

Yuri's POV

 

Something is definitely wrong with her. She is awfully quiet. I observed Yoong's behavior. She is eating but how can I describe it hmmmmm. She loves eating but I can see that she is forcing herself to eat.

 

We have known each other for 6 months. It was a short time but I felt some strange connection with her. I picked up her little habits, her moods, her little gestures; it feels like I am reading a book that I have read numerous times.

 

Yoona has a cold exterior but I am sure that she's a softy. Whenever I blabber anything that makes no sense, she is willing to listen. Whenever I feel alone, she will always be there by my side even though she needs to go. I witnessed how much she loves her friends, how much she's willing to give even though she knows that she has nothing to gain.

 

Looking at her, I always wonder how can she be so selfless effortlessly. I hope that I can break her barriers.

 

Our friends were sending signals unto me to ask what's wrong with Yoong? I inhaled sharply. Then I asked her, "Yoong what's wrong?"

 

Yoong looked at me in the eyes... She's going to say that she's okay  I thought while expecting her obvious response. 

 

She smiled and said, "I'm okay, Yul". 

 

"Yeah you look okay Yoong, you're quiet, moody, not having an appetite, snapping to anyone. Yes, you are okay" I cannot help but answered her sarcastically. As expected, she glared at me. Angry Yoong is a dangerous Yoong.

 

"I don't want to start an argument, Yul" I can feel the venom through her voice.

 

"I am not arguing here, Yoong. I am just worried" I sound mad OMG. I did not know where I got the courage to rebut.

 

Our friends sense the tension. I was grateful that they just continued to talk to each other discreetly. They were giving us space. They watched us without judging each other.

 

"I don't need someone worrying about me. Mind your own business."

 

Everyone kept quiet. Soo and Seo smiled at me apologetically. Their eyes were telling me that she doesn't mean it. 

 

Soo mouthed "I'll talk to her. Just give her space."

 

I was shocked like I was hit by a flash of lightning. It was like saying "Pikachu use thunderbolt"

 

I feel numb, no scratch that - I feel hurt. It feels like I was stabbed by millions of knives. All I can do is nod.

 

Yoona's POV

 

........ I ed up.

I know that I hurt her. I am still angry. I hate myself.

I cannot control my temper. I just blurt things out without thinking . I don't know what to do. I should say sorry but this damn pride of mine.

 

I was busy thinking to the point that I am not aware of what's happening. 

I ed up big time. I just met Taeyeon and Sunny who are older than me and here I am a ing immature who can't control her temper.

 

I want to cry. Do you know how it feels when you are so angry to the point that you want to cry? Yeah, I always feel that. However, I hate to cry. I believe that crying makes me weak. So here I am, using all of my strength to prevent myself from shedding even one drop of tear.

 

Soo pulled me out. She led me into a private corner outside the cafeteria. Then, led me to a garden that is secluded to clear my mind.

 

A few minutes passed. Soo initiated the conversation. "You know what? We have been together for so long. You and Seo. We have never seen you so mad. You never snapped at us. You kept everything bottled up inside cause I know you want to be strong in front of us." 

 

I clenched my fist. Soo never told me this before. I'm forcing myself not to cry and it hurts...my chest hurts so much.

 

"You can tell us anything, Yoong. We are here, too. You hurt Yuri with your words, I am sure you are aware of that."

 

Yes, I am fully aware. I lowered my head. I don't want to look at Soo or else the dam will break and the tears will fall.

 

"Yoong look at me" I shake my head as a sign of saying no.

 

"Yoong" Soo said my name tenderly. Instinctively, I met her eyes then my tears fell automatically. Soo was surprised but she hugged me. I sobbed harder.

 

When I finally calmed down, Soo released me from the hug. She lends me her handkerchief to wipe my tears. I know that she's still worried.

 

I looked at her in the eyes. "Soo, I am scared."

 

"Of what?"

 

"I am scared to be an open book"