Chap 2. Then who?

Limerence

Three weeks later.

 

An hour before the wedding, almost all the expected guests were already there in the venue. Both the groom and the bride family were already there, checking for the last minute changes if anything, checking the whole preparations and everything.

 

Jamie was already there too. They already talked about it and rehearsed on this many times. If usually the groom is the one who waits for the bride, this time Jamie will be the first one to walk in and will wait for Jaebum at the center before both of them can walk down the aisle up to the Priest that will initiate the wedding.

 

"Hey,"

 

Jamie immediately turned around and smile as she saw Nathan. "Hey,"

 

"Nervous?"

 

"Tell me who wouldnt be?" Nathan grabs her shoulder gently and fixed her white lace tiara. She swears, Nathan always act like a sister to her at times like this.

 

Nathan smiles at her while nodding, "Just be yourself, it's your wedding and no one will care if you messed up your speech or what."

 

Jamie smiles at the man. Both Nathan and Seungyoun was like a family to her but it was more of Nathan's thing than Seungyoun and she's very thankful that the two men will be her best bridesmaid (lol, ever heard of male bridesmaid?) She couldn't ask for more really, but speaking of the other man, Seungyoun's late.

 

He said that he'll be there, he just needed to fixed something at the filming set as he'll be gone for the whole day. Besides, Seungyoun promised to be there so Jamie can hold on to that since the man hasn't broken any promises to her yet. Not even once.

 

It was 20 minutes before the wedding when both of them were being called into Jaebum's Hotel room. Jamie can't explain what she is feeling at the moment especially when they walks into the room and she did not found Jaebum in there. Jaebum's mom was crying in his father shoulder and his uncle is on the phone talking to who cares, there’s a broken glass vases underside the tables right on front of Jamie’s parent who sit there with a hardened face and anger filled expression, they were all there, and something in her gut tells her that something happens and she wouldn't like it.

 

"What’s happening?"

 

"Jimin-ah, settle down." She heard her father told her and settle her down into one of the couches. Jaebum's mom immediately was on her side, grasps her hand and squeezes it gently before she speaks, "Darling, I'm so sorry,"

 

"What? I don't understand. Why are you saying sorry?" She looks at all the occupants in the room. There's Jae, Nathan, Jaebum’s uncle, his parents and then her own parents, Youngjae and Jinyoung who supposed to be his best man is also there.

 

"Tell me what happen? Is something happen to him? Where is he?"

 

"That bastard is not coming,"

 

It was dropped like a bomb, no one prepared her for it. She froze in her chair and just stared at Jae who dropped the news. "What do you mean he’s not coming?"

 

Youngjae handed her then a small white paper, folded into two, "He left it here with the rings and his..."

 

"He left," Nathan said. "Wow! Of all the time that he had the chance, he chose to leave when we're almost there. What a trash!" as he crumpled the paper into his hand, didn’t care about calling Jaebum’s trash in front of his own parents.

 

"Breaking news: Soloist Jamie Park is being stood up on her wedding by the leader of GOT7, Im Jaebum. How was that headline tomorrow?" Sarcastically, Jae chuckles at that.

 

"This will be the talk of the decade for sure. This will be so humiliating" Her mom seconded while looking hatred toward Jaebum’s family who are now excusing themselves and walks out of the room while keeping their head low.

 

Jamie can only dip her head into her palms. She take off her tiara and her braided black hair is messed up and she doesn't know what to do. She felt like she’s having a break down right then there, but it feels so pathetic to do so, she’s confused, angry, disappointed, and mostly embarrassed. If Jaebum didn’t want to do this he shouldn't have propose to her at the first place. Promising her the world and some other bull that she doesn’t want to describe anymore.

 

They have all of these planned. They’re public figures, didn't they think of this for a long time? As he is always be the one who comforts Jamie anytime she feels like this is too fast and he's also the one who said that he’s ready to took a risk if anything happen.

 

So why now? Why when all the invitation is already spreads out? Why when the media is already waiting outside the venue?  Why did he? She doesn't understand anything.

 

"Not unless the wedding will still goes on," Nathan speaks and every head was turned to him in unison. Jamie’s dad who keep his head down for a whole moment is now looking at him intently.

 

"What the hell are you trying to say?" Jae asks as he too raised his eyebrows to the man.

 

Jamie tiredly laughs at that, her voice is shaky "What do you want Nathan? Me marrying myself? Wow! What a brilliant idea. Should've thought that"

 

"No,"

 

"Then who?" they asks in unison, almost frustrated.

 

"Who else? The man who do everthing and willing to take a bullet for you, the man who can save you from any ? Why don’t we give Cho-Seung-Youn, ring a bell?"

 

"What the fu-"

 

"Jamie look, you'll get marry now to save your face and about Seungyoun, you can divorce six months later. It's just a patched up, a band aid if you could ask me. At least it could save your reputations"

 

"That’s the only one choice for now, Jimin-ah. I think Seungyoun will surely do that," Youngjae added.

 

Jamie stands up and exasperatedly yelled at the all the person in the rooms, "No! We can't do this to him! We can’t pull him in into whatever this mess is called"

 

"Not when we can get his permission to do this." Jae said.

 

"Nathan is right baby. I'm sure Seungyoun will not mind this."

 

"But mom,"

 

"This is the best way out for now. Think about it," her dad added.

 

Jamie can only shook his head because yeah, it might be the best idea for now but she can't just do this to the man that she considers special in every way, whom she respected, whom she promised not to hurt in every possible way. To the man she called her brother, her ride-or-die partner, her precious best friends. She doesn't want to hurt him, but is there any another choice?

 

As she sinks into the floor, making the long gown of the white wedding dress brush the floor, she surrenders her will to the evil doer whom she called her family and friends.