Fünfnddreißig (35)

Some Things Never Change

They were now back in Mina's room after a long day. Nayeon had previously asked Jeongyeon to go on a date and he agreed. During the date Nayeon asked Jeongyeon about what happened between Chaeyoung and Mina. Jeongyeon passionately told his girlfriend everything. Nayeon just listened quietly, determined to tell Mina about what happened.

"Okay, so the whole problem is basically, Chaeyoung is jealous of Jimin." Nayeon started.

Mina furrowed her eyebrows, confused. Chaeyoung never said anything about it to her.

"It started with you refusing to go to the mall to have a date with Chaeyoung, even though you were willing to go to the mall with Jimin." Nayeon continued.

Mina widened her eyes. She wanted to defend herself, but of course she realized now that it wasn't defendable. She remembered being very happy when Jimin asked her out and being so happy with the little skinship she shared with Jimin. She sighed. She really hates going to the mall though. Argh, why didn't she refuse when Jimin asked her out?

"And when Chaeyoung picked you up, you were happily chatting with Jimin. You were blushing when you entered the car. Imagine your girlfriend blushing for another guy. I personally think Chaeyoung is valid for feeling jealous." Nayeon added.

Mina thought back to that day. They were happily chatting about the day they would get to perform. How Jimin said that their performance would be the best out of all performances, at the same time also complimenting her ballet skills, so she blushed at the thought of giving the best performance ever and also at the compiments. She sighed once again.

"He was complimenting me, so I blushed. That was it, I swear." Mina argued.

"Anyway, one day you fell asleep, probably because of how tired you were and Jimin took you home by driving you home and carrying you home. You also added more practice time with Jimin, having less interactions with Chaeyoung and more with Jimin." Nayeon went on.

Mina sighed. They just wanted to give an amazing performance that's why they worked so hard.

"We just wanted to give the best performance, so we worked harder...." Mina trailed.

"I think the breaking point was the performance. The chemistry between you and Jimin. I think it was reflected clearly that the feeling that you both shared was beyond just as dancing partners, but you both loved each other. So, Chaeyoung decided to let go." Nayeon finished.

Mina went quiet as she thought about them all. She thought if she were Chaeyoung. She'd think she'd get jealous too.

"I admit then, maybe I wasn't considerate enough about Chaeyoung's feeling." Mina muttered in a small voice.

"Why didn't he say anything? I'm clueless now, because he never told me anything." Mina complained.

"Jeongyeon told Chaeyoung to talk to you about it, but Chaeyoung didn't wanna be controlling." Nayeon replied.

"What? That's absurd! There's nothing controlling about it." Mina retorted.

"I personally think that Chaeyoung expects you to know by yourself, because you're just supposed to know when something is going on with your boyfriend, like if Jeongyeon feels jealous, he doesn't have to tell me about it. I would know, but I agree, he should've just told you about it" Nayeon explained.

"I think you weren't ready for the relationship, Mina. Why did you say yes to Chaeyoung?" Nayeon asked.

Mina looked down.

"Because I don't want to hurt his feelings." Mina answered.

"You just ended up hurting him more, Mina. You played him." Nayeon pointed out.

"But after getting into a relationship with him. I began to envision a future with him." Mina tried to defend herself.

"Doesn't matter, if you're not ready for a relationship. You shouldn't have said yes." Nayeon argued.

Mina sighed.

"How to fix this mess now?" Mina asked.

"Jeongyeon was very furious. He wanted Chaeyoug to be with another girl!" Nayeon told.

"What?" Mina exclaimed.

"I mean, can't blame Jeongyeon. First, you were inconsiderate about Chaeyoung, sort of two-timing with Jimin and then we found out you didn't really have feeling for Chaeyoung. So, you played Chaeyoung, but Chaeyoung should've been more honest about his feelings too, but oh well." Nayeon chimed.

Mina frowned. Chaeyoung with another woman? She felt a burning sensation now and she felt sick to her stomach. Is this what it's like to be jealous?

"You have to make up your mind quick, cuz I mean it's unfair for Chaeyoung to be stuck on you forever. He deserves to be loved by someone, who's willing to return his love." Nayeon added.

It all made sense to her, but she was still so confused. 

"Then, who should I choose? Chaeyoung or Jimin." She whined.

"I can't tell you, Mina. You have to decide for yourself." Nayeon replied.

"Nayeon unnie, have you ever felt jealousy?" Mina asked.

"Of course, I have. Those annoying cheerleaders at Jeongyeon's Uni love flirting with him." Nayeon rolled her eyes.

"Does it make you feel a burning feeling and makes you sick to your stomach?" Mina asked.

"Well, kind of, I mean it can be different for everyone. For me, I just wanna claw those girls' faces." Nayeon answered.

"When you said that Jeongyeon oppa wanted Chaeyoung to be with another girl. I felt this burning feeling and felt sick. Is that jealousy?" Mina asked.

"Well yeah, you're jealous, Mina." Nayeon pointed out.

Mina widened her eyes and smiled. She realized now that she couldn't bear the the thought of losing Chaeyoung and Chaeyoung ending up with someone that's not her. She wanted to live together with Chaeyoung, grow old with him, have children wih him. She wants him. 

Jimin is just a crush to her. She's just fascinated by his graceful dance an d elegant posture. She can't really imagine being with Jimin and any future with Jimin. Though she enjoys dancing with him because of the same dancing style.

"So, you know who to choose now?" Nayeon asked.

Mina nodded happily. She needed to talk to Chaeyoung, before it was too late.