Chapter 14

The Fox and The Vampire

A sigh left Daeyeol as he looked up at the sky, having paused for a bit to let the foxes go hunting. He wasn't thirsty yet, and neither was Sungyeol but Sungyeol had wandered off again, doing who knows what.

"You need to stop disappearing randomly," said Daeyeol as he heard Sungyeol come to a stop behind him a few minutes later. "Sorry, I can't help it," said Sungyeol as he shrugged, looking over at Daeyeol. "You've been kind of out of it too," he said.

"Bomin's been out of it," said Daeyeol. "His state of mind influences mine," he added. "You'd understand how it is the longer you spend with Youngtaek," he said. "I'm sure," said Sungyeol.

 

~



"What's on your mind Bomin?" Asked Youngtaek as they went to wash themselves off in a nearby stream after hunting. "A lot has been on my mind lately," hummed Bomin as he turned to Youngtaek.

"What I find funny is that they think we hate each other," said Youngtaek before he dunked himself into the water making sure to scrub himself off before coming up for air. "We don't though," said Bomin as he shrugged, putting his hands in his pants pockets. "Exactly," said Youngtaek as he got out of the stream, shifting to his fox form and shaking the water out of his fur. Bomin went to wash himself off, leaving the stream after getting thoroughly cleaned off. He shifted to his fox form and shook the water out of his fur before returning to his human form with Youngtaek doing the same, only missing his shirt.

"I guess I'll have to go get a shirt from somewhere," said Youngtaek as Bomin shook his head, a chuckle leaving him before they headed back to where the two brothers were waiting.

 

~



"And people wonder why I almost never change to my fox form," said Youngtaek as he and Bomin walked over to Daeyeol and Sungyeol who were waiting on them.

Daeyeol turned around, spotting the large scars across Youngtaek's entire front half of his body, blinking once in surprise before sighing. "Here," he said, taking off his bag and taking off his hoodie before throwing it at Youngtaek who caught it. "Are you sure?" Asked Youngtaek. "It's not like I can freeze to death," said Daeyeol before he turned around and put the bag back on and starting to walk off.

"We're leaving already?" Asked Sungyeol. "We need to keep going," said Daeyeol. "But we'll stop somewhere to let these two sleep," he added. "Jaehwan has a cabin out here that we can get to to let these two sleep," he said.

"Why didn't they just stay here?" Asked Bomin as he and the others followed after Daeyeol. "They needed a spot where Zuho could hunt in peace," said Daeyeol. "It's a good spot, but too many humans in the area," he added.

"You two are going to be fine right?" Asked Bomin. "We'll be fine," said Sungyeol as he nodded. "Yeah," hummed Daeyeol.

When they got to the cabin the lights were on, and Zuho was standing on the front porch waiting on them.

"You did make it then," said Daeyeol as he tilted his head to the side. "The others did too, it was nothing more than a bunch of poachers," said Zuho as he shrugged. "The water's been and such, I don't know if you can fit into their clothes but Jaehwan brought some over," he said. "It'll let you get your own through the wash anyway," he added. "I'll see you then, let Jaehwan know when you leave," he said. "Sure," said Daeyeol as he nodded. Zuho soon left, disappearing from view as he sprinted away after he left the front porch.

 

~



It took at least an hour before Bomin and Youngtaek got to sleep, the both of them taking a shower to wash the rest of the grime off their bodies. When that was all said and done Sungyeol took his turn in the shower before Daeyeol did, the two brothers taking their time since they could afford to relax for another day or so before they left.

After making sure Bomin and Youngtaek were sleeping Daeyeol went to join Sungyeol in the livingroom, going to plug in his phone before he forgot before he went to flop down in the loveseat with his legs hanging off one end. Sungyeol was in a smiliar position on the couch, staring up at the ceiling as his phone was charging beside Daeyeol's phone.

"Do you know what happened to Youngtaek?" Sungyeol asked suddenly as Daeyeol was in his thoughts. "I don't," hummed Daeyeol. "Why?" He asked. "Those scars across the front half of his body, why didn't we notice those before?" Asked Sungyeol. "What happened to him between when he was with that douche bag and when he ended up with Kevin?" He asked.

"A lot could've happened," said Daeyeol. "Just as a lot has happened between me meeting Bomin for the first time and when I found him after he was nearly killed," he said. "Foxes live such a hard life, even Bomin has his moments where he drops his façade," he said.

 

~



Daeyeol leaned down in front of an injured Bomin, resting his left hand on Bomin's head. "Hey," he said. "I don't know why you feel familiar but," he said, the ring on his left hand glinting slightly in the sunlight as he felt a familiar jolt go through him. "I'm saving you, as you did to me," he said. Bomin nudged his hand, and Daeyeol smiled softly.
 

~



Jangjun entered the cabin, spotting the two brothers still in their spots. "Go shower and stuff, I know you had to split from us to go hunting," said Daeyeol as he sat up. "I'll do that," said Jangjun. "Is there a spare set of clothes?" He asked. "In the bathroom, you can throw yours in the washer," said Daeyeol. Jangjun nodded and went to do so.

"I was wondering when he'd show up here," said Sungyeol as he stretched out on the couch before moving to sit up. "I know he went hunting but he took longer than usual," he said.

"There's something about him that reminds me of the two foxes," said Daeyeol. "Hm," hummed Sungyeol.