Chapter 11

All About You

 

 

A/N: Jaehyun's teasers came out today so I thought of uploading my update! Thank you to the readers <3

_____

Eunji looked at her reflection in the mirror and sighed. She loves fashion alright, but she did not expect Jennie to send her a ruby-colored fitted dress that barely reaches her knees. 

 

“Well at least this isn’t backless” Eunji sighed once again. She looked at her phone and scrolled on to her messages to Mark. Her brother is still not responding to her. He doesn’t even bother to read her messages. This really bothered the girl. Mark usually could not stand not talking to her. Did he really hate her so much for something that even she is still confused about? Sure, Kai has been treating her nicely and he does make her feel special, but her heart is still with someone else. It’s been a couple of days since Kail claimed to be her mate, but every time she tries to make herself focus on him, she just can’t. Her heart belongs to one person. That one person who’s been in her heart for the past years. When that person shifted, she feared that he’s going to find his mate, and yet here she is, dragged by a wolf claiming to be her mate. Eunji grabbed her purse and left the room. Tonight, she will try her best to focus on Kai alone. She knew she can’t be selfish. She has to do her part as his mate. 

 

“Wow” Chanyeol blurted as soon as he saw Eunji “Well, isn’t Kai such a lucky man” 

 

“Will Kai hyung be ok tonight? A lot of guys would be staring at you” Sehun, who’s usually quiet suddenly said

 

“Isn’t that too short?” Suho commented

 

“I think you look beautiful” Kai showed up, looking good with his suit and tie. He looked at her with yellow eyes. His emotions, all over the place. He never thought he has power, but with her, he feels that he suddenly gained the power of being patient. The fact that he has to use all his might to not jump to her really amazes him. 

 

“Kai!” Suho called the younger wolf “Please keep my sister safe” He asked

 

“That’s a given hyung. With all my life” Kai continued to stare at the girl

 

Eunji looked him straight in the eyes. Guilt filled her mind. Those were sweet words that Kai just said, but her heart didn’t even waver. 

 

“Shall we?” Kai offered his hand to her. Eunji grabbed his hand and walked out of the house with him after saying her goodbye to his brother and his friends. 

 

“Is this how it should be? Eunji doesn’t seem to be attracted to Kai at all. Her heart doesn’t flutter at his words nor does she feel nervous with him” Xiumin said

 

“Perhaps it’s because she’s yet to shift?” D.O. commented

 

“Or maybe she’s simply just in love with someone else” Baekhyun said

 

“Don’t say that!” Suho said

 

“They’re long gone anyway. Chanyeol can’t hear him anymore” Chen commented

 

“Being a wolf is hard and complicated” Sehun shook his head “How can Kai hyung’s mate not feel the same towards him?” 

 

“Give her some time.  She’s new to this. She barely has time to adjust in our world” Suho said. Despite making this comment though, he was also curious. How can his sister not have any reaction on Kai?

 

_____

 

“Will you be ok?” Taeyong looked at Jaehyun. The two were the first ones who made it to the party. 

 

“With what, hyung?” The younger one asked

 

“My sister will probably come here with that man. The fact that someone is threatening their side of the family, I doubt his older brother would let her go by herself” 

 

“I miss her, hyung. I’ll take what I can” Jaehyun closed his eyes, as if that would help collect his feelings

 

“Jaehyun-ah. Just know we’re here for you” Taeyong tapped the younger ones arm gently

 

“Hyung! We’re all here” Mark greeted the older ones

 

“Eunji isn’t here yet?” Haechan asked as he looked around for his best friend

 

“Where is she?” Mark looked around

 

“Ya! If you two are this worried and looking for her, then please act like it when you see her. Her heart is completely heartbroken because of you two” Jaehyun looked at the two younger wolves. 

 

“Hyung. Just tell her the truth. She deserves to know it any way” Mark said “She’s in danger because of that side of the family and I hate it” Mark said

 

“I wish it’s that easy. Even the elders were baffled when I told them about the situation” Jaehyun answered “She’s here though” Jaehyun briefly closed his eyes to contain his emotions. It has been a couple of days since he smelled his mate’s scent. He stared at her direction the moment he opened his eyes. The other man claiming to be her mate is right beside her, wrapping his arms around her waist. Clearly showing the world that she is his. This broke the wolf’s heart as it already is. 

 

“Well here is my sister” Mark sighed. He does want to talk to her too but it breaks his heart that she’s staying with their father’s family. How he wishes he can just go up to her and tell her that Jaehyun is also her mate. Perhaps that’s the way he can protect her from their father’s mafia side. 

 

“I’ll go greet her” Haechan said as he left the group

 

Eunji looked around and found Jennie greeting her guests. Beside her, is her cousin that hasn’t spoken to her since she moved in with her older brother. She suddenly felt nervous seeing her friends and brothers. Her heart was beating so much that she had to hold on to her chest to calm herself. 

 

“You ok?” Kail gently held on his mate’s hand

 

“Huh?” She looked at Kai

 

“Your heart is beating too fast” He rubbed his thumb on her hand to try to calm her down

 

“Ah! I’m just a bit nervous. It’s about time I officially introduce you to my friends, isn't?

 

“Hey if this makes you nervous, you don’t have to do it now” Kai held on her hand tightly. 

 

“You’re too nice to me. I don’t think this is right” Eunji looked at Kai, who’s staring at her with his yellow eyes

 

“I’ll do anything for you” He said as he stared at her lips. Her scent conquers him and he wanted so badly to kiss her. 

 

“Eunji-ah” A voice called

 

“Haechan-ah”Eunji called her best friend. She turned to him and gave him a quick hug

 

“Hello! I’m Eunji’s best friend, Lee Haechan” Haechan offered his hand

 

“I’m Kim Jongin, Eunji’s mate” Kai smiled and took the younger ones hand

 

“Hm” Haechan nodded before pulling his hand back. 

 

“Where’s Mark?” Eunji asked

 

“Did you get here alright?” Mark suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Eunji looked at her twin, cautious on how he is “I asked you a question”

 

“Mark” Jaehyun appeared beside the younger one

 

“Who am I kidding? I can’t do this” Mark looked at his sister once before walking away

 

Eunji looked at her twin in worry. This is something that’s never happened before. 

 

“He’ll come around” Haechan said “I’ll go after him” 

 

“Are you ok, Eunji?” Jaehyun asked

 

“Jaehyun oppa” Eunji forced a smile “Ah this is…”

 

“Kim Jongin. Eunji’s mate” Kai offered his hand to Jaehyun who took it. The two men looked at each other eye to eye. Kai stared at Jaehyun’s eyes that turned yellow. It baffled him why the wolf’s emotions are heightened 

 

“Jeong Jaehyun…” Jaehyun said

 

“He’s our business partner and also one of my close friends” Eunji added, unaware of the tension going on between the two men. “I think I should go say hi to Jennie unnie before she gets mad at me though. Do you want to come with me? Jongin oppa?” She asked

 

“Of course” Kai said as he let go of his hold

 

“I’ll see you later, Jaehyun oppa” She looked at Jaehyun and saw his eyes. Shock was an understatement on how she felt when she finally had a look of his eyes. They were clearly yellow. A sign that is known for wolves when it involves their mate.