Rainbow Skies and Galaxies

Wenrene Seekers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey, babe. Whatcha doin?"

Joohyun paused for a second to see Seungwan who just entered the kitchen. She smiled and continued cooking stir-fried noodles. She is wearing an apron but she can feel Seungwan's hand exploring her shirt under when she went to her back and hugged her. Sensitivity ran through her body when Seungwan whispered at her back, teasing her.

"Yah! I'm cooking."

Joohyun tried her best not to be distracted when Seungwan's fingers were playing under her cotton shirt. She is getting ticklish.

"Stop." She warned the girl.

"Don't stop?" Seungwan teases then she hears giggling from her. She quickly stole a kiss on her cheek. "I miss you."

Joohyun smiled and turned around. She saw Seungwan's sheepish smile. Oh how can I resist the way you look at me Seungwan.

"I miss you, too but stop Son Seungwan, for Pete's sake, I'm cooking!"

"Yes!" Seungwan gave her a salute then she stepped back and quietly went to the dinner table beside the counter with pouty lips. She's so cute!

After a few minutes, she turned off the stove and put her newly cooked noodles on a plate and put it on the table. Seungwan and her pouty lips turned into a wide smile. Seungwan gladly picks up her chopsticks and starts eating.

"How's your day? You look happy."

Joohyun asked Seungwan and then she poured her a glass of water. She also started eating her meal.

Seungwan shakes her head and drinks some water. "Hmm, it's good. Guess what, I have a new co-worker."

Joohyun became curious about who made Seungwan happy. "Who is it?"

She lifted her head and stared right into her eyes.

"Seulgi."

Joohyun just nodded but she quietly cleared as well as her mind. She was hungry earlier but she can't fully consume the food she's eating. Her mind starts to worry and feel bothered but there's a part of her telling her that she should trust Seungwan.

It's been years since Seulgi left. Seulgi left Seungwan hanging and she just came back like that. It bothers her that it's fine with Seungwan? They used to be together in college. Seulgi doesn't really know Joohyun because she used to look at Seungwan from afar. They are the epitome of a perfect couple but Seulgi just left to study in America. Joohyun felt like she was silly to grab that opportunity to be with Seungwan to the point that it's alright for her to be a rebound as long as Seungwan is happy.

It was never easy. Seungwan is heartbroken and she saw how the girl was a mess during college. You can tell that she is a bit Seungwan's stalker for following her around. She does have an ulterior motive and that is to be close with Seungwan.

Seungwan became okay, months later but her drinking didn't lessen. She always joined group blind dates and Joohyun got the opportunity to join one where Seungwan is invited to.

She saw how Seungwan is only interested in drinking and not socializing with the group. While Joohyun is eating, she satisfied herself by staring at Seungwan. Her other blockmates who invited Joohyun are singing and drinking. Joohyun is taken aback when Seungwan notices that she is staring at her. Seungwan didn't say anything and just continued drinking.

Actually, Joohyun is a bit uncomfortable because a certain person joined the group date. A senior who always bothers her during class. An arm wrapped around her shoulders. She cleared .

"My favorite junior! I can't believe you finally joined our group gathering. Did you come because of me?"

Joohyun looked away. She can smell the alcohol from his mouth. He's a bit drunk, too. She didn't reply and just continued eating.

"Yah! Don't just eat. Here, drink this. I poured it just for my favorite junior."

Joohyun doesn't want to drink so she just eats. She moved back when her senior offered her a glass. She can see tiny bubbles coming from the bottom.

"N-no, thank you." She declined and looked away.

"Yah! You shouldn't turn down an offer from your senior!"

Joohyun flinched when her senior shouted. The others stopped from what they were doing and all looked at them. She felt embarrassed.

"I'll drink it."

Joohyun turned around and saw that Seungwan is the one who speaks. She stood and grabbed the glass. The senior glared at Seungwan.

"Don't be nosy about this Seungwan." Then he grabbed the glass from Seungwan.

"I can't help but to in. You're disturbing her. It clearly shows she doesn't like you."

Joohyun is scared with the tension in the air. It felt like it was all her fault. Just because of a drink. Joohyun is not in her right mind and because she doesn't want to cause any chaos, she grabbed the glass and drank it all up.

"Yah!"

She heard Seungwan shout and the last thing she remembered was the chaos in the room before everything went blank.

Joohyun wakes up with the humming. She is in an unfamiliar room. The shade of the room is blue and the design is minimalist. The sunlight is streaking on the room. She looked around and felt awed to see a person laying down on the sofa, humming. It's Son Seungwan!

Joohyun can't remember how she ended up in the same room with Seungwan. She is fully clothed so she assumed that she just passed out, hoping she hadn't done embarrassing things to Seungwan. She flinched when Seungwan noticed that she was awake.

"You're up. How are you?"

Seungwan got up and went near the bed. She poured water in the glass and offered it to Joohyun.

"Here."

Joohyun accepted it and drank it. Seungwan chuckled. She has no idea why the girl is laughing. Do I look ugly now because I just woke up?

Joohyun is looking for a mirror but she can't find one so she has no idea what she looks like right now.

"Do you always drink whatever is offered to you? Don't do it again, okay?"

"It's just water and it came from you so I guess it's safe." Joohyun whispered.

Seungwan crossed her arms. "You trust me? What if I put something here in water, what will you do?"

Joohyun can't say another word. Seungwan is talking to her! She felt so happy though it looks like Seungwan is scolding her because she might have done something to her last night. Besides, she already bothered her a lot and she doesn't know how she will face her now.

Joohyun is startled when Seungwan puts her hand on her head. "Just kidding. Don't be scared. You just passed out last night. Don't worry about that senior. He won't bother you anymore." Then she formed a curve in .

Joohyun wonders how many times can a person fall in love in their lifetime. Is it also possible to fall in love with the same person all over again? Joohyun falls in love with Seungwan and looking at how Seungwan is in front of her, smiling and taking care of her, she falls in love again.

"Do you want to go out with me?" Joohyun suddenly asked Seungwan.

Of course, that morning, Seungwan kindly rejects her but it doesn't stop Joohyun from pursuing the girl.

Seungwan and Joohyun have been together now for two years and in those years she tried her best to give Seungwan her happiest smiles. Her heart now is eating with anxiety and worries.

Seulgi doesn't fear Joohyun but the fact that maybe there are still sparks with just the two of them. What if Seungwan realizes she's still in love with Seulgi? Joohyun doesn't know how she can handle it. She can't even imagine it.

"Hey."

Joohyun was startled when Seungwan pinched her cheek.

"Huh?"

"I keep calling you but you're spacing out. Are you alright?"

Seungwan looks so worried at her. Joohyun felt guilty. "Ah, y-yeah. Maybe I'm just tired."

"Aw. I'm sorry babe. You also have your work and you're the one who always makes our dinner. Let me make it up to you."

Then Seungwan cupped her cheeks and gave her a peck on the side of her lips. She giggles and goes back to eating. Joohyun smiled. It's okay. Everything is fine. Seungwan is still with me.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ah, hi babe. I'm sorry. I think I'll be coming home late. My boss needed me to file the papers tonight. It ."

Joohyun's eyes saddened as she heard Seungwan's news on the other line.

"It's okay. Eat dinner, okay?"

"But I want to be with you now. Ahh! Anyways, I miss you. Love you."

"Love you, too." Then she hung up. Joohyun left the dinner table without touching the food she just made.

Joohyun woke up with a bit of weight on her waist and she felt snuggling in her neck. She remembered that she just slept without eating dinner.

"Good morning, babe." Seungwan whispered on her neck.

"Good morning." She answered while half asleep, then she felt lots of tiny kisses on her lips. She lay down straight, then Seungwan went on her top and gave her a deep kiss.

"Yah. What time do you come home?" Joohyun asked Seungwan. The girl still looks sleepy.

"Ugh, don't ask." Then she kissed her again and it went down to her neck.

Joohyun felt hot but she is still a bit angry at Seungwan. "Aish, I have work." Then she gently pushed her. Seungwan lay down on her side and looked at her with furrowed brows.

"I hate work." She said while looking so cute with pursed lips. She can't be angry for so long at Seungwan so she smiled and this time she is the one who snuggled herself into her neck. She felt Seungwan's arm wrapped around hers and kissed lightly on her hair.

They are interrupted when Seungwan's phone rang on the side table and she saw its caller.

Seulgibear

Seungwan gets up and immediately answers the phone call. Joohyun also got up. She needed to prepare for her work.

Why is she calling Seungwan this early?

"Hey, good morning. Ah, yes. I already put it on your table. Yeah. Okay. Bye."

Then the call ended. Joohyun didn't hear what Seulgi said on the other line. It's better because she doesn't want to hear any of her voice as of now.

"Ugh, I need to go to work, too." Seungwan whined while hugging her.

She nodded and patted her back. "Okay, I'll make breakfast. You take a bath."

"You know what. Let's have a delivery. Let's take a bath together." Then she wink at her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Unnie!"

Joohyun is thankful that she felt a great smack at her back because she is spacing out but it hurts her.

"Yah!"

"What yah? Our boss is calling you. She needed the files for tomorrow in her office."

She let out a deep sigh and Yeri looked at her with worry. She needed to take a grip.

"Unnie, are you really okay? Is there a problem?"

Joohyun shook her head. "Nothing." Then she gets the folder and goes to her boss' office.

~

"What?! That's crazy. An ex couldn't be friends anymore. That's totally absurd."

Yeri said while munching her sandwich. It is already lunch and they are at their office cafeteria. She is having a tuna sandwich for lunch but she barely touches it.

"Hmmm. Well, she doesn't actually tell me about her now. I mean, I guess it's okay for them to hang out, they used to be friends before lovers."

"But unnie, don't you want to tell Seungwan-unnie that you're uncomfortable with the idea that she's together at work with her ex? And besides, you told me that the nickname of that ex is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter