Chapter 5

Ensnared [WJSN FF]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As time goes by, the air vent is getting narrower and narrower.

"There’s a ladder in front of us!" Eunseo shouted, letting the girls know about what she saw as she's the one leading the line.

The view of that ladder made her crawl even faster, making her believe that there's a chance for them to escape the demonic tower.

A few seconds later, she reached the ladder. Soobin was right behind her. Chengxiao and Meiqi were still struggling inside the vent.

"Hurry, Eunseo! If we keep standing here, there will be no space for Chengxiao and Meiqi to stand when they reach this place!" Soobin said, ordering Eunseo to climb the ladder.

Eunseo nodded. Not wanting to waste any more time, Eunseo and Soobin immediately climb the ladder so there will be enough space for Chengxiao and Meiqi outside the narrow air vent.

The ladder leads to another section of the air vent, which is wider than the vent they were in before. It took around two minute for them to finally arrive on the top of the ladder.

"Ugh, we made it! That was close!" Eunseo said as she lay down on the wider vent.

"E-eunseo, something's not right." Soobin said, as she looked at the bottom of the ladder.

Eunseo, who was laying down immediately got up and went to Soobin's spot to see what happened down the ladder. The view made her gasp.

"Oh God, girls?!" Eunseo exclaimed.

On the bottom of the ladder was Chengxiao, struggling to help Meiqi climb the ladder. Their clothes were covered in blood and Meiqi did not look good.

"Stay here eonni. I'll go down and help them." Eunseo said to Soobin, as she went down the ladder to help Chengxiao and Meiqi.

Soobin nodded worriedly.

After a few seconds, Eunseo reached the spot where Chengxiao and Meiqi were.

"What happened?" Eunseo asked, looking so panicked.

"The air vent squished her right foot when she was just about to get out!" Chengxiao explained.

Not wanting to waste any more time, they immediately helped Meiqi, who was injured, to climb the ladder. After about three minutes, they finally arrived at the top of the ladder. They asked Meiqi to sit down and make some space so that it's comfortable for her.

"How are you feeling, Meiqi?" Soobin asked Meiqi.

"N-not good, my eyes even black out for a moment due to the extreme pain I felt when Chengxiao pulled my foot away from the air vent." Meiqi answered. She looks pale.

Eunseo tore a little bit of her clothes off and used it to bandage Meiqi's wound.

"Does this feel better?" Eunseo asked Meiqi, hoping that her action would make Meiqi feel better.

"Yes, thank you so much, Eunseo." Meiqi answered.

They just sat in silence for about three minutes, looking at each other, wondering about what happened and what went wrong.

Eunseo, who suggested the idea, began thinking about the crippling sound, the narrowed air vent, the wound on Meiqi's foot, and how everything happened.

"I don't understand, what was actually happening?" Chengxiao finally broke the silence.

"I don't know, that just happened suddenly." Soobin replied.

Eunseo and Meiqi were just listening. They sat in silence for another minute, until Eunseo finally stood up.

"Girls, stay here. I'll try to find where the checkpoint is. I'll let you know when I find it." Eunseo said, volunteering to help them find where the checkpoint is.

"I'll come with you!" Chengxiao replied.

Eunseo agreed, and they're off to look for the checkpoint, leaving Soobin and Meiqi to rest for a while.

-o-

It's been ten minutes since Eunseo and Chengxiao left. Meiqi was asleep and Soobin was just sitting there, thinking about what she should do next. She kinda felt sorry for Meiqi who was injured. She felt like she could've been there to help and prevent this from happening.

"Meiqi, are you awake?" Soobin asked Meiqi, who replied with some mumbling, still with her eyes closed.

"I'm sorry this happened to you." Soobin said, feeling sorry.

Meiqi opened her eyes.

"No, it's okay. Every choice we make has its own risks. You don't need to feel sorry, eonni." Meiqi replied with a smile on her face.

Soobin smiled back at her. A few seconds later, they heard someone running towards them.

"We found the checkpoint!" Chengxiao said with a smile on her face, as she appeared on the edge of the air vent.

And off we go, exiting the air vent.

-o-

Dayoung's POV

It's time when one of my eonni is betting all her fortune through this one card she's holding right now. Well, I really hoped that Hyunjung eonni's passing is enough melancholy for us today, and I don't want to lose any more eonni, or even Yeonjung for the next three days.

It's time, the cards are flipping. I took a peek at only Dawon eonni's card, and how surprised I am

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter