fin.

pushin' and pullin'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

when she told minjeong she likes her she don't want the two of them to be friends. karina doesn't like her friends in a romantic way and she doesn't want to like them in that way. also she believes that if you like a friend more than just a friend you'll lose a friend and a potential lover whereas when you like a person that isn't your friend you only lose one. 

 

it was fun. both of them enjoyed each other's company. they shared days and nights of laughter, fun, cheesy pick up lines, childish bickering and wishes to see each other and spend time in each other's arms. karina even sent minjeong gifts and a matching ring the younger asked for. 

 

and karina couldn't ask for more. it was enough for her. more than enough that she started sleeping early because minjeong sleeps early and she doesn't want her to sleep late. she stopped drinking coffee. she started eating healthily on time. she started learning about the games minjeong has been telling her about. 

 

but what can she do? minjeong passed her standards. every description on her list, minjeong crossed them out. she's pretty, she's smart, athletic, you name it.

 

but she also broke a couple of her rules for the younger. something like she'd never like someone younger than her heck she even lowered her pride for minjeong. she said sorry! something that rarely comes out of . 

 

but all good things must come to an end. karina and minjeong fought. for the second time. karina thought they could just go back, to wherever the waves will take them. the start probably. where it was all good. karina asked her to go back, because she wanted to. she's just waiting for her to take her hand and walk a few steps back. but minjeong said no. she started walking away instead, swatting karina's hand away. 

 

and so she chased her, she ran and jumped and looked for a familiar face in a sea of strangers. she seeked for her, longed for her. she was so lost but at the end of the day she realized she was doing it for her soul and for her own peace of mind. 

 

she apologized again and again. to the point where she almost begged. but nothing can be saved by her sorry. minjeong admitted that this time something was off and she can't work on making things right. she admitted that this time she wanted to be selfish. she admitted that after everything all she can give karina is the gift of friendship. 

 

maybe it wasn't enough to save them both. her apologies aren't enough to ignite the dying flames. the boat was sinking and only one of them could swim. karina can, literally and figuratively. winter can't so she took the life vest and floated to wherever the waves may take her. 

 

when minjeong walked away she answered all of the questions she was asked and karina thought to herself, minjeong answered all of her what ifs instead of becoming one and that was more than enough. 

 

now karina's trying to live her life with a demoted role in minjeong's life. she's n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter