promise

promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Leaving Donghae was never easy.

No matter if was because of schedule or just going for a weekend to the house Hyukjae bought for him and his family - it was very hard. The raven haired dancer played it cool every time, but seeing those puppy-like eyes looking at him sadly, while they were saying goodbyes was heartbreaking. Especially today, since those puppy eyes were a bit more glossy than usual, accompanied with a runny nose and a visibly forced smile. Donghae was sick, woke up with an awful cold - his nose stuffy and throat sore. Hyukjae knew very well their yesterday's late night walk wasn't a good idea, especially in this freezing weather, but how could he say no? He also wanted to go out and hold his partner's hand, while talking and having a romantic stroll together. It was their only option, going out late, when it's harder to recognize them and most people are home, so of course they went. Hyukjae made sure Donghae was warmly dressed - coat buttoned up, scarf hiding half of his face and a hat protecting his head, but unfortunately it was not enough. Maybe they were out for too long, but Hae's immune system failed him yet again.

Hyukjae wasn't too keen on going out today, after finding out about his boyfriend's condition, but the younger man almost threw him out of the house. They were supposed to meet Sora at Haru for lunch today and Donghae couldn't let the older one miss an opportunity to spend some time with his sister just because he's sick. It would be ridiculous, he's a grown man, he can take of himself. Well, that's what he has been saying to Hyukjae, while giving him arguments, why he should go instead of staying with him. The main dancer felt bad - he knew his boyfriend too well and was aware he only said that, so Hyuk wouldn't miss a opportunity to see his sister because of him. Donghae needed care, especially when he was sick and it was something both of them were aware of.

So that's why saying goodbye to the blonde idol was extremely hard today. Not only the smile on his face was forced, but also those glossy eyes looked at him as if they were begging for Hyukjae to stay, to take care of him, to make him feel better. Or maybe that was his own imagination? He's been told he got too overprotective when it comes too Donghae and remembering that conversation he had with s it was the only reason he went out today, leaving Hae all alone. 

"Hyukjae" a female voice interrupted his thoughts, yet he still was deeply drowning in them. "Ya! Lee Hyukjae, do you hear me?" a strong punch on his shoulder was enough to bring him back on earth.

"Ah, fu-! What the hell, Sora?" he looked at his sister with wide open eyes and a frown on his face, while rubbing the spot his sister just brutally hit. 

"That's what you get for ignoring me for the last twenty minutes" she yell-whispered, glaring at the younger version of herself. "Your hot chocolate is now cold, you can't even drink that anymore, cause it doesn't make any sense."

"I'm sorry, I will order another one. Do you want something too?" he sighed and looked at her apologetic, ready to stand up.

"Do you wanna go home, Hyukjae?" Sora grabbed his hand, before he could even move. "I know you're worried, so let's not torture both of us with this. Let's go home, yes?"

"But aren't you mad? I promised you we will spend the whole day together." the main dancer looked at his sister, who started to pack her stuff to the expensive bag he bought her for Chritmas. He felt extremely guilty.

"Who said we won't? Donghae promised me that too, let's go." she stood up, grabbing her coat from the chair right next to her.

"Oh really? You're gonna visit us?" a sudden wave of happiness ran through Hyukjae's body. "He actually missed you so much, he will be so happy to see you" the younger added, after his sister nodded. Putting on his jacket, he offered his hand and walked his sister out of the cafe, while waving goodbyes at the employees.

"Aren't we supposed to pay?" Sora asked worried, looking back.

"Donghae said it's on the house, he already texted them and said we will come and should not pay." the rapper explained, while looking for the car keys in his pocket, cause they were getting closer to the parking. Sora only nodded and smiled to herself, while looking around for the vehicle they were going to use for the ride. 

"Ah, seriously.." she let out a huff of disapproval.

"What?" the raven head looked at his sister confused at her sudden disappointment.

"You couldn't be anymore obvious, huh?" the older pointed out the red Porsche that was waiting for them on the other side of the road. "Out of all of his cars you chose this one! Are you that desperate to get outed, huh?"

"I just grabbed any keys, okay, I didn't do that on purpose" he only murmured, scratching the back of his head in a embarrassed manner. His sister was right, but he really wasn't paying attention to anything today. Usually it's the black SUV he uses, which isn't that eye catching, but he was in a hurry today. "Let's stop by the pharmacy on the way, okay?"

"Sure" Sora happily agreed, getting into the car. "You left him without any medication?" she asked then, when they were both inside.

"I gave him a tylenol before I left, but we ran out of it" Hyukjae sighed, starting the engine. "I will get him some more and some vitamins too. He's been catching colds a bit too easily lately."

"Mmm" the older Lee only nodded, getting comfortable in her seat. "Oh how I wish my future boyfriend had a Porsche of his own too." there was a sudden confession, which only made Hyukjae laugh out loud.

"Mine has like five of them. If you ask nicely enough maybe he would let you borrow it." Hyukjae winked at his sister and smiled cockily, which only made her frown.

"When will I find my own Donghae.." Sora whined, hitting her brother once again today, pout visible on her face.

"Never if you keep behaving like that" the raven head glared at her, while she could only laugh at her younger brother. It felt nice, being around him after such a long time. Sora missed Hyukjae, just as much as he missed her. They were bickering with each other a lot, teasing each other constantly but they absolutely loved each other. As the years passed and Hyukjae was more and more busy it was difficult to keep in touch. Of course he bought a house for them to live in together, but it's not like he has been there all the time. Living in the city with Donghae is more convenient, especially for a person with such a busy schedule and on the weekends? Sora knows her brother wants to rest, so usually she just stay out of his way and let him sleep and have some alone time in his own space. "Also mine Donghae is already taken, so let's keep it that way, yeah?"

"Never knew you will become like that" Sora giggled, looking at her younger brother with such a fond smile on her face.

"Huh? Like what?" Hyukjae gave her a questioning look, before parking the car in front of the pharmacy.

"Possessive" Sora smirked, winking at her brother, while he kept looking at her in silence.

"You would become possessive too if only Lee Donghae was your boyfriend, trust me" and with that he left.

xxx

"He's probably sleeping" Sora said in a hushed voice, while her brother was typing in the door code. The younger gave her unamused look and shook his head, while letting his sister in. "What?" the poor woman asked confused, making her way inside the apartment. "He's not?"

"You really know nothing about him, huh" Hyukjae murmured under his breath, while taking of his shoes and a jacket off. "Here, give it to me" he grabbed his sister's coat and put it in the closet, where all their jackets were hidden.

They were getting ready to get in calmly, looking for a pair of fresh slippers, when a loud thud came from the kitchen suddenly. The raven haired man could only sigh and roll his eyes, while Sora looked around panicked. "Come on, let's check on him" he lead the way and stopped once again, while entering the living area. With his arms crossed on his chest, Hyukjae looked at his boyfriend moving around the kitchen, dressed in oversized hoodie, a pair of sweats and a hood on his head. Sniffling from time to time, Donghae grabbed a knife with a pout on his face and that was the moment Hyuk decided to finally step in.

"And what do you think you're doing, Lee Donghae?" the blonde man let out a gasp, obviously frightened by a sudden presence in the empty apartment. In other situation Hyukjae would have only laugh at him, but now he had to keep a straight face, with a stern gaze. "I told you to stay in bed, didn't I?"

"But I got hungry.." a weak voice echoed through the spacious room. Hyukjae's gaze softened after hearing that statment and seeing those tired, yet still excited eyes.

"Ah, come here.." the raven haired man came closer and hugged Donghae tightly. Placing a kiss on the younger's temple, Hyukjae traced his fingers through Donghae's back. He still was shaking from the cold and it broke Hyukjae's heart. He hated seeing his boyfriend suffer like this. "I brought you a guest, but we can use her a little and she will cook for all of us something delicious."

"Huh?" Donghae perked up all of sudden, his eyes looking for any sign of another person, until his gaze landed on Sora, who stood behind her brother's back in the main entrance, looking at them fondly. "Noona!" the blonde idol pushed his partner away, rushing to the female version of his boyfriend. She could only let out a laugh, when he wrapped himself around her like a human sized koala and hug him even tighter. "Will you really cook for me?"

"I would love to, but since I'm always two steps ahead from my brother I ordered take-out while we were on the way. It should be here any minute" Donghae hugged Sora even tighter, which only made her chuckle and stick her tongue out at Hyukjae.

"Wait, shouldn't be you at Haru right now?" Donghae broke the hug, but grabbed Sora's hand, while looking at her and sniffling once again.

"We were, but your boyfriend was sulking without you" Hyukjae rolled his eyes, while filling up the electric kettle with filtered water and turning it on. "Also I missed you so much and got really worried when Hyuk said you're sick again. Are you taking care of yourself well, Donghae-ah?"

"Missed you too, Noona" the blonde man smiled weakly in the response, not answering her question and slowly made his way to the living room, where there was a blanket on the sofa and tons of used tissues on the coffee table. "Let me clean quickly, I didn't know you were coming. I'm sorry for the-" a loud sneeze interrupted. "mess."

"Bless you, baby" Hyukjae, who suddenly stood in front of him, kissed his boyfriend's forehead and helped him lay down, while putting the blanket over his shaky body. "I will clean, please rest." Donghae nodded obediently. "Want tea, Sor?" 

"Please, the white one if you have it" she answered, while making her way to the living room. "Can I sit with you, Hae?"

"Here" he quickly sat down and patted the spot right next to him. The oldest Lee sat down with a small smile on her face and put the pillow on her lap, while Donghae used that as an opportunity to lay down on it. Sora looked down on him and put her delicate hand on the younger's head, running her fingers through his soft hair gently. A smile appeared on her face, when Donghae let out a content sigh and closed his eyes.

She already forgot how needy and affectionate her brother's boyfriend was, while he was sick. The last time she was here, to take care of him, cause Hyukjae had to leave the city, he clung to her side and didn't want to let go. He needed care, assurance, attention and she didn't mind, obviously - it was cute, adorable even. Sora had a weak spot for Donghae, cause how could she not? She liked to tease Hyukjae she would steal Hae from him one day, but in reality? Hae was like her second little brother, who she loved and adored with her entire heart. He was her family, someone she wanted to protect and take care of.

"I ordered you a chicken rice soup for now and another one for later or tomorrow, okay? Please get well as soon as possible, I hate seeing you sick" Sora whispered, while caressing the younger's hair. "And take care of yourself more,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter