Empty

Empty

He walked through the corridors of that big house, searching for something or someone he knew he wouldn't find. His heart was empty...

"I'll be empty till the day you come back and fill me up"

He was drowning in his mind after two bottles of soju. His vision was blurry and the world was spinning around him.

As he did every night, he drank the bottles like someone was pushing him to drink and got drunk fast.

The phone was buzzing in his pocket and he knew it wasn't Soonyoung.

Calling him was easy, making him come back was harder. They were no longer for each other, they were broken...

They tried to build a perfect future and all they got was a broken past, just as the song playing in the background said (Epik High's "No Different")

The chair in front of him was empty as his heart.

It was so easy for Soonyoung to say to him, "feel free to come back and say hi" but it was so hard for Chan to not cling to the idea of coming back together.

"It's been months, for s sake," he thought. Months drinking his feeling away. Months believing maybe there was a second chance. Months in which he heard about Soonyoung being with someone else, Soonyoung having fun, Soonyoung smiling again.

So he was alone, empty, and drunk.

"Ah, don't bother giving him more alcohol. He's dead drunk already." He turned his head to the voice.

"No, give me moreee," he protested to the waiter.

The boy rolled his eyes and looked at him like he was stinking.

"Pick up your phone and drink this," the waiter replied instead, giving him a bottle of water.

"Don't wantttttt," whining at a stranger, he must've been crazy, he laughed at himself.

The waiter tsked and turned away from him.

On the next day, Chan had no recollection of how he got into the taxi, or how he got into bed again. He couldn't believe he was such a responsible drunk.

He checked his phone and was shocked to see Soonyoung's name on it with 13 missed calls.

He stared at the ceiling wondering if he should call Soonyoung back or if he should let it go. He wanted to call back but he also wanted to be free of the awful feeling of emptiness. He ended up turning his phone off.

He drank the bottle of water he found on the nightstand. The headache was there but he wasn't dying like other days.

He stared at the bottle of water, maybe he learned how to take better care of himself while drunk, he believed until he saw a little angry face drawn in the cap of the bottle.

Now, who the hell?

His heart started aching thinking of the possibility it was Soonyoung, after all, he called him a lot last night but he threw away the thought when he saw the little angry face again. Soonyoung was caring but not like this… Not in the cute loving way, at least not towards him anymore.

He went back to the same bar he went to almost every night and looked around, maybe someone here saved his last night.

"Two bottles of soju?" He heard a boy. He turned to see a cute waiter. He was blonde, his cheeks were full and round, and had an impatient expression.

Memories came back rushing to him. "You're the one nagging me last night," Chan replied instead. Funny how out of all the days, he noticed the presence of a guy who seemed to know what he ordered every night. Why hadn't he noticed him earlier?

[SEUNGKWAN'S POV]

"Seungkwan, you always take care of him... Aren't you being a little too obvious?" Mingyu said, amused.

"Obvious with what?" Seungkwan replied, "with how disastrous it is to see him drowning in alcohol almost every night? He's pitiful, Gyu.”

"Whatever, you seem to wait for him every day," Mingyu continued, "he's cute you know."

"Yeah, he is-" Seungkwan spluttered. "I mean, yeah he's cute but I don't wait for him, what the hell, he's just a good customer."

"A good customer you take to their house every night"

"I just hate seeing him being so miserable for that Soonyoung boy," Seungkwan said, to which Mingyu smiled.

"Ok Boo, you're not smitten with him".

"Look here, even if I was, it's impossible! I feel so angry at him every time and he's in love." Seungkwan reasoned.

"Sureeee, whatever you say..." Mingyu was laughing and it bothered Seungkwan who threw the piece of cloth he was holding.

"Shut up," He said, stealing a glance at the sad boy drowning in soju again.

End~