Just a little adventurous with today's coffee

Adventurous

Chorong has been procrastinating her biology project that was given 2 weeks ago, and now she has to cram it into one day. 

 

Sighing at her Google spreadsheet she has open - which was currently blank - she slams her laptop shut. Her brain was not built to function at 6:30 a.m in the morning. She picks her phone which was haphazardly thrown onto her bed after she turned off her alarm. Scrolling through her contacts, she clicks on a specific person.

 

You:

Bomi.

 

You:

Bom are you awakeeeee

 

You:

Oh my god bomii

 

You:

Whatever, I'm going to the usual coffee shop so don't be too worried when you wake up and I'm not in my room.

 

Chorong huffs in the lack of response from her probably sleeping roommate. She quickly grabs her coat from her hanger and quickly shoves her feet into her shoes before heading out.

 

Her brain was still half awake, but she manages to autopilot her way to the coffee shop near her - LUV cafe - she pushes the door open, unfazed by hearing the chime of the usual jingle from the small bell hanging from the door.

 

She does however, gasp in surprise from the unfamiliar barista. Usually she sees a guy - Changsub - at the counter, he usually flirted with her, which she hated. So, seeing the unfamiliar face, whose brown hair was tossed in a messy bun, apron tied loosely around her waist - a few coffee stains adorning her jeans - made her heart thump.

 

Chorong was broken from her train of though by the barista turning to look at her. Chorong wanted to dig a hole and die, her heart hammering against her chest. The brown eyes that had caught hers had made dry.

 

Somehow, Chorong found herself at the counter. Seeing as it was 7 in the morning, there was no que, which meant no time for Chorong to collect herself.

 

"How can I help you?" The barista asked politely, bringing Chorong back to reality. "I - uh - I want one vanilla latte please." She managed to utter out, face blushing red just from the smile the barista was giving her.

 

The Barista gave her an amused smile before nodding her head, turning around to make Chorong's coffee. Her hands skillfully working its way around the counter. And yes - she was so much better than Changsub - Chorong absentmindedly thought.

 

"Yes I know, I'm better than that dickhead." Or well, she thought that was in her head. Chorong sputtered out a string of incoherent words, some were apologies and some were acknowledgements.

 

"You're cute," The barista casually said, worsening the already red cheeks that belonged to Chorong. "Tha..nks" Chorong meekly said.

 

"I'm Eunji." The barista offhandedly remarked, handing Chorong her coffee.

"Ah...Chorong." Chorong replied, her hand unconsciously brushing her hair from her face. "And yes I know, I'm way better than Changsub." Eunji winked at Chorong who had chuckled slightly.

 

Way better.

 

Chorong walked home that day, a soft smile on her face. "Chorong! Where were you?" The yelling of her roommate - Bomi - greeted her as soon as she opened the door. "I literally texted you where I was." Chorong deadpanning. Bomi looked to her locked phone, seeing the notification from Chorong. 

 

"Oh." Bomi muttered, opening the message. Chorong rolled her eyes, sipping her coffee. "Also, what's got you so smiley this morning?" Bomi asked innocently - or well, the smirk on her face told Chorong it wasn't as innocent as it sounded - Chorong grunted. "Just found out Changsub's been replaced." Chorong explained, which was well, half the truth.

 

Thankfully, Bomi believed that. "Thank god." Bomi playfully groaned, and Chorong laughed slightly at her best friend's behaviour. "Well, excuse me, I have a project I need to cram." Chorong walked back to her room, turning on her computer with newfound motivation.

 

She began her work, a burning determination firing her up. She didn't know where it came from, but she certainly wasn't complaining.

 

The following week, Chorong was staring bored at her lecturer who was spewing what seemed like nonsense from his mouth. 

 

She so needed coffee after this

 

Which is why she was here. Back at the café, her hands clammy - which was weird, because who gets nervous over coffee - and maybe it wasn't coffee she was nervous about. Chorong hesitates a little before swinging the door open.

 

Eunji seemingly lights up as she sees Chorong walk through the door - a recurring occurance over the past week - "Vanilla latte?" Eunji asked, Chorong nodded her head. 

 

She watched as Eunji worked her way around the counter, kind of in awe of her arts. "Vanilla latte for the pretty lady" Eunji laughed as Chorong rolled her eyes and blushed at the statement. 

 

The 2 got closer through the days that Chorong came to get coffee, bonding through their love of music and hatred of men - specific men.

 

"You know, when I heard I was taking over Changsub since he got fired, that was the first time I was that happy someone got fired." Eunji said, Chorong laughing at the story.

 

Eunji had adored the way Chorong's eyes weren't visible when she laughed, how her smile was the brightest thing she's ever  seen - it rivalled the sun - she was sure she found her new favourite thing to look at.

 

Chorong smiled as she slipped her coffee, chatting with Eunji and telling her about her boring lecture.

 

"I was so ready to get out of his class and come here." She remarked, Eunji blushed, rubbing her neck. "Aww, you were excited to come and see me." Eunji teased, Chorong glaring at Eunji - the blush heavily adorning her cheeks weren't helping her case though.

 

"I just like your coffee that's all." Chorong mumbled, a lame excuse to her reaction. Eunji chuckled, "Whatever you say, princess. We both know that's not true" Eunji retorted, a smug look on her face. Chorong was still flustered at that nickname - even if Eunji had been calling her that since the third time she came here.

 

"Don't you ever want to be more adventurous with your coffee's?" Eunji asked as Chorong ordered Vanilla latte for the 3rd time this week.

 

"I prefer the safe options." Chorong said, Eunji inquisitively looking at her. "Well, Princess, try something more adventurous some time." Eunji remarked nonchalantly. Chorong however, choked on her drink as she heard the nickname. "P-Princess?" Chorong dumbfoundedly sputtered out. Eunji chuckled at her reaction, "Well, you certainly fit that title...princess" Eunji playfully teased, her tone a bit sultry at the end.

 

Chorong's breathing hitched as she heard the way Eunji said that nickname. Finding the floor more interesting, Chorong mumbled some excuse to get out of the situation - citing something like homework, although Eunji knew Chorong had none for that day.

 

Eunji had watched, smiling as Chorong rushed out, cheeks flushed and all. Eunji liked getting this reaction out of Chorong.

 

Chorong swirled her coffee, a content sigh leaving her lips. Eunji had been giving her these little spurts of joy and motivation - what had gotten her to submit that biology project she had due - and so she enjoyed her time with her.

 

"The coffee was delicious as always, Eunji. See you again tomorrow." Chorong smiled to the barista who was waving her goodbye before attending to the customer at the counter.

 

Chorong had walked out of the café, not realising she was still holding her receipt. She glanced at it, before noticing a string of numbers on it.

 

She looked at it in disbelief.

 

A gift for you, princess. Text me.

 

Written there was Eunji's number. Sure, Changsub had given his number to her many times in the past. But, this. This was different.

 

In the past week, Chorong had came to admit to herself - with the help of Bomi - that she had a tiny crush on the barista. So, seeing that had practically made her combust. She couldn't hide the smile on her face as she inputted the numbers on her phone.

 

You:

Hi

 

Eunji <3:

Whose this?

 

You:

You're a real kidder here 

 

Eunji <3:

I'm just kidding, Rong of course I know it's you.

 

Eunji <3:

After all, I don't give my number to just anyone.

 

Chorong felt her heart ready to implode. Eunji basically just called Chorong special, and that made Chorong feel all mushy and soft inside.

 

You:

So, I'm special to you then?

 

Eunji <3:

Very.

 

You:

How so?

 

Eunji <3:

Super special that I'm texting you while one shift.

 

You:

Oh wow, that's such a crime. You better not get caught

 

Eunji <3:

I won't

 

Eunji <3:

Gtg now if I don't wanna get caught then, bye Rong.

 

Chorong's heart did backflips as she read the nicknames Eunji had called her. God, it wasn't healthy for her heart if Eunji kept doing this.

 

"Rong, you're back. I'm guessing your usual?" Eunji says, her smile practically shining. Chorong put her hand on her chin, she was feeling a bit adventurous today.

 

"How about, you make me a special drink, since I'm so special to you?" Chorong smirked, seeing Eunji become flustered.

 

"Very well, princess." Eunji managed to regain her composure as she scurried off to make a drink for Chorong. She gueesed that Chorong liked sweet, since she liked vanilla latte. But she also decided to stick to something more...to the classic side.

 

"Here you go, Rong. A special drink for you." Eunji playfully handed the girl her coffee. "Thanks, Meung" Chorong absentmindedly said, the nickname rolling off her tongue smoothly. Eunji's heart fluttered at the nickname.

 

Chorong sipped on the coffee, an expectant look on Eunji's face. "Oh my god, Eunji." Chorong's eyes lit up. "This is so good." She commented. Eunji smiled widely at the reaction.

 

"Does it warrant a bit of an extra tip?" Eunji playfully asked. Chorong decides to humour her - adventurous - "it's so good I'd take you out." She shyly comments, sipping her coffee as Eunji stood stunned.

 

"That's a big tip there." Eunji muttered her eyes flickering from Chorong's eyes to her lips. Chorong walked a bit closer, just to tease Eunji. "I know, but then again. This coffee was amazing" She let out a giggle. Chorong giggled.

 

Eunji's mind short-circuited, agape. She had just heard the cutest sound ilicited by Chorong. "I'd have to take up that offer then." Eunji managed to say, her eyes staring deeply into Chorong's.

 

Chorong smiled, leaning closer to Eunji whose eyes fluttered shut. She brushed her lips against the younger's, chuckling. "I'll text you then, princess." Chorong whispered, barely enough for Eunji to hear as she her heels to walk out the door.

 

Eunji smiled. 

 

Maybe she should've made the coffee sooner if she knew Chorong would act like that

 

a/n: happy Eunrong day! Sorry If this seems rushed, I wanted to get it out before Eunrong day ended. I could make an extended version or continuation of this if you all want! Anyway, stay safe, love you all!