Inspiration

A Gymnast's Symbiote

On a spectacularly bright sunny day in Southern California, Chelsea and Chloe found themselves at the happiest place on earth; Disneyland. After getting out of their ride-share, the two ladies were greeted by the park's friendly cast members as they strolled towards the entrance. Chelsea, who was more familiar with Disney World from back home, looked around in awe as she walked along well-kept landscaping that stretched towards a pair of gates that split the amusement park in two. One gate was decorated with the company's iconic mascots while the other featured a light blue facade that stretched beyond the length of its signage. Today, the two planned to explore Disneyland's California Adventure thanks to Chloe's quick work in snagging a pair of discounted tickets just in time for the upcoming Halloween weekend. And even though Chloe treated her roommate to this outing, she wasn't bashful in disclosing her ulterior motive; visiting a new part of the park that featured her favorite superhero series. Chloe, who was an avid Disney fan, even accessorized for the occasion by wearing a rose gold colored headband that had a pair of Mickey Mouse ears that sat above her blonde locks. Chelsea, on the other hand, wasn't quite a fangirl for the mouse like her roommate, but she still appreciated coming along for the ride to see what Disney in the West had in store.

"I've been here loads of times and I still get goosebumps," Chloe beamed excitedly as she led her friend through the teal gates and into the park proper. Almost immediately, the two were hit with an ambiance of cheerful tunes as they roamed around a traffic circle that was adorned with carved pumpkins and wandered towards the gates of something quite literally out of this world.

"What's going on there?" Chelsea asked as she tapped her friend on the shoulder. Chloe turned around and her eyes nearly bulged out of her head.

"It's this! It's this! We gotta see this c'mon," Chloe insisted as she grabbed Chelsea's arm and led her to join the ever-growing crowd that began to form in front of a red building. As they assimilated into the mass of onlookers, the park's speakers boomed with a reverent fanfare that made Chelsea feel a cold chill run down her spine. It sounded heroic. It sounded triumphant. It sounded like something she dreaded hearing... for some reason.

"Hey everyone, its good to see ya. Welcome to Avenger's Campus. Watch this!" A voice called out from a nearby balcony.

Chelsea looked up towards the metal railings and watched as a red and blue suited person perform somersaults and back flips on the walkway. As she watched, she visibly winced in pain as she felt how cringey the actor's stunts were in comparison to the stuff she was trained to do. But there was something about his attire, maybe his white eye patches, that made her feel funny inside... almost like she had seen it somewhere before.

"OKAY, its time to see what this suit could do," the disembodied voice continued, "Here goes somethin'!"

Then all of a sudden, the actor flung himself high up into the air and performed a wide-legged back flip that wowed everyone down below... everyone but Chelsea. She stood still as she watched the performer land in a stunted fashion and drop himself down to the ground level while upside down.

Then an overwhelming feeling started to stir within her as she recalled a similar memory from that fateful night in the gym. The stunts. The death-defying feats. She did all of that without ropes or pulleys but by her own accord... with a suit that looked oddly familiar to what the stuntman wore...

"That. Was. Amazing. Right, Chels? I can't believe I got to see it in person!" Chloe yelped as she recorded the act with her phone.

"Yeah..." Chelsea gulped, "...that's some actor."

"Oh that's not a person," Chloe snapped back.

Chelsea turned to her roommate, "Wait, what?"

"Yeah, that's just a robot. Nobody that talented could pull off dangerous stunts like that," Chloe said lazily as she finished recording on her phone.

"Oh..." Chelsea murmured while looking to the ground. She kicked a nearby pebble before whispering to herself. "But I did..."

"What was that Chels?" Chloe asked.

"Oh, nothing..." She sighed to herself as she looked around to see the crowd disperse. "Looks like the show's over. What's next?"

Chloe navigated through her phone and immediately grabbed her friend by the arm. "We're next in the virtual queue!"

"For what?" Chelsea asked as she regained her composure and followed her friend.

"Web Slingers!"


After waiting in line for a few minutes and grabbing a pair of ride-specific glasses, the two teens leapt into a nearby "Web Slinger vehicle" and strapped in for the ride. As Chelsea sat in the dark vehicle, she tried to wrap her mind around what she saw and what she did. The stunts that the actor... or robot... did had an uncanny resemblance to the feats she did in her own leotard... or suit.

Suddenly, the vehicle stopped in front of a metal door as it lifted up to reveal a warehouse that was crawling with bots.

"Let's get em!" Chloe hollered out loud as she flicked her wrists into the air and pointed her arms towards the windshield of their vehicle. Chelsea followed suit and mirrored her friend's motions as the two took down as many little spider bots as they could within the time that they had. The two girls giggled amongst each other as they methodically went through each section of the ride while having a grand time taking down these pesky robots. In fact, Chelsea was too busy having fun to notice a pair of slimy strands crawling up from her leggings and strapping themselves to her hands. Almost instantly, Chelsea's movements sped up as her hands became a blur; now being able to target each and every visible bot with precision accuracy. At the end of the ride, Chelsea took off her glasses and turned to her friend who was rubbing her tired wrists.

"Wow Chels, you're a natural at this~" Chloe said as the pointed towards the score on their vehicle; 1,000,069.

"Nice..." Chelsea breathed a sigh of relief as she clapped her hands together and noticed two black bands that clung to her wrists. As she looked closely at the material she saw a familiar stitching that wove along its jet black surface. She didn't recall seeing such a thing before getting into the ride and quickly turned to her roommate to validate what she saw. But when she raised her wrists up in the air to show her roommate, the obsidian bands had disappeared and all that was left was her fair skin. A dismayed Chelsea stared at her wrists as she got out of her vehicle and followed her roommate towards the exit.

"I'm hungry, let's get a bite to eat," Chloe suggested as they walked out of the attraction and stepped onto the street.

"But first. Shopping~!" Chloe sung as she entered into the gift shop right across the exit; otherwise known as the "Web Suppliers".

Inside the store, the two rummaged through various novelty trinkets that ranged from expensive to just plain ludicrous. As Chelsea wandered towards the attire section of the store, she found herself in the presence of a full-sized superhero suit that was fitted with web-like markings all over its body and a pair of wrist bands that resembled something akin to what she saw on herself just a few minutes earlier. She reached out and placed her palm against the glass as she felt a tingling sensation stem from her leggings. This suit that hung before her seemed awfully similar to what she wore at the gym, but instead of being colorful... her's was pitch black with barely any visible etchings for contrast. She continued to stare into the eyes of the costume's mask as she remembered looking at herself in the glass windows in the gym. It was almost like she was looking at herself from a different perspective. A new perspective.

"Can I help you miss?" A cast member asked which made Chelsea jump backwards.

"O-hh nothing. I was just looking..." Chelsea replied as she backed away from the glass case.

"Ah, yes our life-sized Spiderman outfit. It's quite a marvel isn't it?" The cast member chuckled to herself.

"Say... would you be interested in purchasing a replica? We have a changing room in the back," she suggested as she unlocked a cabinet behind the glass case and pulled out a replica suit on a coat hanger.

Chelsea hesitated for a moment and then slightly nodded as she felt compelled to see herself in the colorful suit. The cast member then led Chelsea to a changing room and left her alone to let her change. She hung her purse, took off her shoes, and removed her shirt. However, when she tried to pull off her leggings it didn't budge. And after a minute of pulling at her pants, she annoyingly shrugged and tried to get into costume anyway by stepping into the replica's opening, lifting the top of the suit over her head, and finally donning the red mask atop her head. With the suit secured, she turned to a nearby mirror and looked at herself and rolled her eyes behind the mask.

"This is silly," she thought to herself as she reached towards the floor for her shoes. But when she stood back up straight and looked towards the mirror she saw something jarring. The once vibrant suit had turned pitched black with an outstretched spider logo that nestled in between her s and extended out over her sides. She looked up and came face to face with a pair of half moon eyes that she recalled seeing on that fateful night.

She blinked a few times as she finally had the chance to see herself under some illumination. Her asian face was covered by a smooth black mask that connected with the rest of her suit's obsidian colored fabric. Her outfit strangely complimented her athletic form by tightly adhering to her biceps and legs while still leaving room for her curvy bosom and bottom. She could feel a distinct energy surge within her veins as she closed her eyes and savored the soothing sensations that charged her limbs. She brought her hands together and methodically cracked her knuckles as she felt the thin, yet sturdy, black fabric hug every nook and cranny of her skin.

Chelsea snapped out of her trance and began to reach into her purse to pull out her phone to take a picture of herself. However, as soon as she turned around and extended her hand, she noticed that her fingers were no longer covered in an inky black coating. She lowered her gaze and watched the inky black coating recede from every corner of the suit that she had originally put on until it fully reassemble itself along her now favorite pair of leggings. Once the color had completely returned to the store's cosplay outfit, she felt an upswell of energy surge along her thighs as she realized what she had been endowed with.


"Did you find everything that you needed, miss?" The cast member asked in a soft tone.

"It didn't fit..." Chelsea replied as she handed back the replica suit.

"...but mine already does," she murmured to herself and left the store to seek out her friend and something sweet at the food court nearby at the Pym Test Kitchen.