Chapter 2

[The Night Has Come ]

Manipulation…

It’s the practice of using indirect tactics to control behavior, emotions, and relationships.

People who manipulate others attack their mental and emotional sides to get what they want. The person manipulating — called the manipulator — seeks to create an imbalance of power, and take advantage of a victim to get power, control, benefits, and/or privileges at the expense of the victim.

 

 

She didn’t know their last talk would be that late call over the phone yesterday. She couldn’t even remember their conversation at all. All that she remembers is that they were still laughing yesterday, and now, their happiness is all gone. Her father, is gone.

“Jihyo Unnie!!!”

The called name, couldn’t even have any strength to look up on that call. She’s just seating on the floor outside the room where her father is resting, been had her heads down contemplating the whole time. Few seconds then she just felt hug, coming from the person who called her in worry from afar earlier.

This was the first thing Jihyo did earlier, to call of this one and only trusted friend of her, coz she didn’t know what to do after hearing the news about her father earlier. She couldn’t even cry.

“What are you doing here alone Unnie? Your mom, your family, where are they?” The moment her friend asks that, they heard loud sobs inside the slightly opened room.

“There.” Jihyo weakly said, “She’s been like that for more than an hour.” Talking about her mom who’s been crying the whole time.

“You? Why are you seating here alone? Did you go inside already?” She asked Jihyo again, but Jihyo didn’t replied anything. This friend of Jihyo already know by that silence, that Jihyo doesn’t have any strength to do that yet so she reaches Jihyo’s hand, softly holding onto it, comforting her friend.

Jihyo is now slowly feeling it, the emotions of losing someone that she has been trying to deny. That her loving father, is really gone from her life now.

“Chaeyoung-ah…” Jihyo calls, gripping on her friend's hand tight, “M-My dad... What do I do now?” and finally.letting her tears falls, crying it silently. She cries, and Chaeyoung is just letting her. She caressed her Unnie’s hand. Giving this support, is the only thing she could do in this situation right now.

“He didn’t even get to meet you. I’ve been telling him about you. That I have a friend that has been supporting me with my studies. He said he’s going to treat us lunch when he’s not busy anymore but how can that happen now?” Jihyo randomly said, feeling the disappointment, “He’s dead.” The sadness...

“What actually had happened Unnie?” Chaeyoung asked randomly, “You just suddenly called me, telling me that your dad was killed, then who did that to your dad? The police, have they said anything yet?” And now Jihyo’s sadness was filled by anger. She’s been trying not think of it but now…

“M…” She mouthed, loathing the name…  “M did this. M killed my father! I saw it! The deep M scar on my dad’s face. Once M is found, I’ll be killing that person with my own hands too. I definitely will. I won’t care about my future anymore.” She furiously looked at Chaeyoung, and all that Chaeyoung sees from Jihyo’s eyes is the will to take her revenge to that killer. Chaeyoung exhales, looked straight on the wall away from Jihyo.

She stayed on silence for a while, been thinking…

“Don’t you think it’s really her then, Unnie?” She suddenly asked out of nowhere that made Jihyo looked in confused. “Her. That girl. You said she caught you talking about her being M. And that you see her watching you since then. Don’t you think she’s trying to sent you a warning? That’s why she killed your father."

Jihyo have stopped from thinking anything…

And her body just moved on its own, standing up, and turn away from Chaeyoung.

“Unnie, why?” Chaeyoung asked, but Jihyo didn’t heard her, started to walks out fast. Chaeyoung stands, looks confused, “Unnie, where are you going!?” She shouted but Jihyo just continuously walks away.

Chaeyoung was going to follow but heard shouts and chaos inside the room. As she worriedly runs inside, a woman— which is she concludes Jihyo’s mom is being carried unconscious and rushed outside the room. All the people followed them, and there, she is alone unexpectedly.

Chaeyoung was about to go too but her eyes landed on the face who has an M wound on his face. She slowly walks closer, took the sheet to cover the face but halfway through it she stops.

She knows she should not be doing this, but she can’t help it.

She can’t help it but to smile seeing this.

“Now that you’re dead…” Her face turned serious, “It means Jihyo is nothing anymore. And my dad, will take over your position now.” She scoffs, thinking how Jihyo runs as she asked... she thinks just some stupid questions…

“Your daughter was so easy you know? She really thinks I care about her. Poor her. She will probably be making herself stupid than she is now. Tsk. Tsk." She castaway the sheet to his face, sighingly turns and walks…

“I should be going now. I don’t wanna miss a fun drama, with Jihyo as the dumb emotional lead actress, General Park. Goodbye.”

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

This day isn’t just a normal day for everyone, since each of every student here has been talking about the shocking news they heard early in the morning.

“Jihyo must be having a hard time accepting this, right? Her dad probably died because he’s been investigating M for a year.”

“Right. M is really scary. I can’t even sleep properly at night by thinking that that person could be just around here.”

“So, make sure to go home early. Who knows, maybe M is just lingering around here. Night is really not safe anymore.”

“But what if it is really Momo? Didn’t one of the characters of a psychopath is being smart. They also say it’s genetic. She’s really suspicious. We should avoid her no matter what.”

 

 

Mina couldn’t count how many times she heard those talks since the morning. She should be eating lunch now but she just lost her appetite hearing those absurd gossips.

“Mina Unnie, eat already. We still have meeting for our broadcasting club after.” Dahyun reminded her, so she sighs and lazily took her spoon and fork. She lazily plays with her food first, she opened deciding to at least eat a little but she stops halfway, as the center of the attraction— not in a good way, appeared on her sight.

She quickly sat straight, staring directly at the person she wants to be friend. Then she pouted annoyed as she was not noticed, and saw how she’s talking to someone right now.

“I don’t understand.” Mina mouthed making Dahyun to confusedly look at her and stop munching her food. “She said she don’t talk to anyone except for the family victims of her dad before but why do she’s talking to that girl? I thought she’s serious about that but she’s definitely eating her words right now.”

“What do you mean?” Dahyun asked and there, Mina remembered it was supposed to be secret.

“N-Nothing. I was just talking to myself.” She depended, but Dahyun wasn’t that naïve not to understand that, especially she noticed now the person Mina is probably referring about that. Dahyun squinted her eyes, inspecting wanting Mina to tell her everything before she actually asks.

Mina sighs, defeated by this now.

“She talked to me yesterday.” She admitted, while Dahyun raised her one eyebrow wanted more explanation. “To summarize everything, she thought I was one of the family members or something of the serial murder 15 years ago. And I told her I am not. Then that’s it. She told me not to tell anyone about that and that she should be not talking to me since she’s only talking to that man’s victims.” Mina finished, expecting some reaction from Dahyun but….

Dahyun though only nodded to Mina. She eats as if it is not a big deal. It’s because, she just understands everything. Actually, she never felt bothered by Momo’s personal life. And she’s not liked those people who judge Momo by her past.

Only by hearing that Dahyun can already guessed it, the answer of Mina’s question earlier.

“Then that only means—” Dahyun was cut off when Mina abruptly stands from her seat, staring in shock with a mix of concerned face in one direction. Dahyun quickly turned her head on her side, seeing Momo seated on the floor and the person that should not be in here— Park Jihyo, standing in front of Momo.

Dahyun felt Mina moving, and her instinct made her reach Mina’s wrist to stop her from going. She just knew it, they should not interfere. It would be not good for them if she let Mina go.

Just not now.

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

Momo can’t look directly at this person. She knew doing that will just add fuel to Jihyo’s burning emotions right now. Even though her body is in ache by Jihyo slapping and aggressively pushing her down to the floor, she took all her strength just si sge could stand up.

“It’s you.” Jihyo told Momo soon Momo did, voice shaking. “It’s you! It’s you! It’s you!” She continuously voices, punching nonstop on Momo’s upper chest, crying her mixed feeling all out.

Momo didn’t mind it. It does hurt at first, but as the punch goes on it was getting weaker and weaker.

“You killed my dad! I know it’s you!” Jihyo finally said what she’s been trying to say. She stops hurting Momo, instead she stared at her full of anger, "You can’t fool me. M. It’s you right? You killed my dad because I guessed you right. If you’re trying to shut me up then sorry! Because I am not.”

It’s such a sight for everyone. They can all feel the anger, and despair of Jihyo. They always knew, that Jihyo has something against Momo. That’s why she exposed that Momo is a daughter of a serial killer when she first entered the University last year, and has been spreading the news about Momo being M since M had appeared. Almost everyone is maybe scared of Momo, but unlike them, Jihyo clearly hates Momo.

“No…” Unexpectedly Momo talked, everyone who heard her thought they were just hearing things but… Momo felt like she needs to deny this. “It’s not me Jihyo-ah.”

“Don’t call me by my name!” Jihyo instinctively slaps Momo harder than earlier, that made Momo's head to turn on the side. Her hand is shaking nonstop, and she's also shock by her action.

All was stunned, Momo is maybe afraid to face Jihyo again, but currently she's remembering a word from the girl yesterday.

'I should not apologize to anyone , she said.' Momo recited on her mind.

She gulped hard, and then took her head straight to Jihyo. Momo still felt sorry, but also feels like she just can’t accept all that Jihyo is accusing her, especially this isn’t the same matter as before now.

“I can’t do that. Killing. I can't do that.” Momo wasn’t going to stay in silence anymore. “I can’t even bear to look when someone is hurt so how can I do that to your father!?” Momo shouts standing to herself for the first time in her life, “I am not like that man. And I won’t ever turn like him. I am not a psychopath! I am not a murderer! And I am not M! I am not, Jihyo-ah. Will you please believe me?” Momo’s tears fell out of the frustrations she’s been bearing… But that confession wasn’t enough for what Jihyo is currently feeling right now.

“Liar. Do you think I can still believe you? And didn’t I… told you not to call my name. I hate it! And I hate you!” Jihyo’s hand made its move again but this time, someone has stops her. Jihyo scoffs, abruptly pulling her hand back to her again. She laughs in fake. She’s feeling more beaten now.

“What are you doing here, Jihyo-ah? I just left for a while and you’re being violent on Momo now too?” The new girl asked, immediately hiding Momo behind her back.

Jihyo grit her teeth angrily. She’s trying to calm herself down, for the sake of this old bestfriend of her.

“Why not? She killed my dad, Sana. I’m sure that’s her doing.” Jihyo frankly told, “So please, for once stop defending her anymore. How can you even still stay by her side until now Sana?” Jihyo asked, the question that she’s been curiously asking by herself since before.

“Do you have evidence to accuse her like that?” But Sana doesn’t want answer Jihyo’s last question.

Jihyo saw how Sana found Momo’s hand, holding it tight probably trying to silently support Momo. Jihyo chuckled on that scene.

“I don’t need evidence, because she has a reason to do that to me, and to my family. How about you? You had every reason to stay away from her, why are you not doing that until now?” Jihyo questions again, eyes stuck on their hands together. Jihyo has been thinking, how, Sana been able to do this kind of comfort for Momo until now.

“Then that reason isn’t enough for Momo to kill anybody. Momo is not that kind of person. I know that.” While actually Sana, has no ready answer for that. So, she’s trying to avoid Jihyo’s questions.

“You know?” Jihyo let out a laugh, mockingly. Jihyo’s been trying not to tell this since she’s been caring about Sana’s feelings but, she’s maybe out of it now. Her dad just died, and she thinks Momo is M. No, she doesn’t know why she’s sure of this actually.

 “How could you still say that after her father murdered your entire family, Sana?” Jihyo is too tired of Sana, pretending she didn’t experience that painful memory of her. “You witnessed that, with your own young eyes. You saw and physically felt their blood through your skin when your family was being killed that night Sana. But you’re still protecting her from me? The daughter of the man who killed your family?”

Loud murmurs are being heard around the scene, talking about this unexpected revelation. No one knows about this, since Sana got hidden away from the media and the public by the government as she's the only witness alive back then.

Sana inhales, biting her own cheeks so hard. This kind of conversation, is what she’s been trying to avoid. Because of Momo. She Momo on her side, smiling weakly as Momo was just silently crying inside, looking down to her feet.  

Sana doesn’t want Momo, to ever feel guilty about that incident. So, when she found Momo many years later, she promised that she’s not going to blame Momo for that. She's goibg protect Momo from her past.

“It happened already.” Sana talks and stare seriously at Jihyo. “And that has nothing to do with Momo and I staying as friends. You’re her friend too, remember?”

“NOT ANYMORE!” Jihyo shouted out loud. Almost everyone gasped, has becoming more intrigued with the connections of them. “That was before. And I am loathing the days I treated her as a friend when we were young.” Because yes, they were childhood best friends, families are close with each other before that incident had happened 15 years ago. Momo, Sana, and Jihyo, has that ill-fated kind of relationships.

“I am not you Sana. I can’t act, like she’s not a monster’s daughter. And that’s she’s not going to turn like him too coz as far as I remember he used to be so kind to us too before he killed 3 families including yours that night.” Jihyo’s tears falls again, immediately wiping it off since the reason of that tears was Momo.

Yes. Because she used to adore Momo very much. That’s why she’s crying, disappointed and frustrated on why this need to happen to them.

“What do you think they are thinking about you right now Sana? That you are still treating that daughter of a monster as a friend. Your family... must’ve been crying up there for 15 years because of you, don’t you think?” Jihyo just want, and has been trying to claim Sana again with her and leave Momo. But has been failing for the reason she thinks Sana is being too dumb.

“You’re right Jihyo-ah.” Sana claimed squeezing Momo’s hand, telling her by that gesture that she should not listen to Jihyo, and that she is not going to leave her, no matter what Jihyo is telling her. "I am not you. So, unlike you I’m staying with Momo. She is my friend before everything. And will forever be my friend. She is not like that man. And she’s definitely not M.” Jihyo clenched her fist so hard. She can never get Sana. Never.

“So, you should go now Jihyo-ah. You’re not supposed to waste your time accusing Momo right here when you don’t have any evidence but only hatred to her. Didn’t you should be taking care of your mom right now, mourning to your dad?”

That finally hits Jihyo, that she just left her mom alone there in the hospital. She doesn’t want to go yet, because her going means she lost but she can’t do anything about this now.

“I’m… still not done. I’ll prove it. That it’s her Sana. I’m sure of it.” She told them before going fast to comeback to the hospital.

As Jihyo fully left Sana has lost her strength to her feet. Lucky Momo was able to catch her. Sana has been acting tough, Momo knows it too. So…

“I’m sorry Sana. I dragged you into this. I’m so sorry.” She’s thankful, but felt bad than to it. Sana shook her head, weakly smiling.

“No. I told you not to apologize to me anymore, remember?”

Momo smiled back, supporting Sana they made their way out especially there’s so many students gossiping about them right now.

 

Leaving, Mina who had witnessed and heard it all was too baffled of everything. There’s too much information, and for some reason she hopes she’s the one who protected Momo, and not Sana. 

 

 

“How do, I’ll enter her life too?”

 

 

 

Will edit this when I have time. Might change some lines or scenes if I ended up finding it wierd or inappropriate. Lol.

 

Btw, subscribe already before I change the privacy settings next update. Thank you for the support.