I Love You

"Like A Diamond In The Sky"

Lucy and Minseok decided to listen to the radio on the way to the burger joint. The two of them were jamming and having fun. Singing together as well. Even when a Kpop song that played. With Lucy being fluent in Korean, she was able to fully understand and sing the lyrics of the song with her date. It was not about the big things that were making this fun for them. It was the little things like this that made their hearts melt for each other.

Arriving at the burger joint, they stayed in the car, in the parking lot until the song that was playing at the moment was over before Minseok turned off the car and the two of them got out of it. Lucy suddenly held one of Minseok’s hands in hers. Minseok noticed and looked at Lucy. Lucy looked back at him.

“I hope you do not mind.” Lucy told him. Minseok held her hand tighter in his then smiled at her.

“I do not mind it at all.” Minseok responded back. Lucy nodded and the two of them headed to the front door of the burger joint. The two of them let go of each others’ hands before going into the burger joint together. They were greeted by a waitress who showed them to a table in the restaurant. The two of them sat down at the table. She walked away as the two of them looked at their menus. 

“Order anything you want from the menu.” Minseok said to her. Lucy looked at him while he was reading the menu.

“Are you sure?” Lucy asked him. 

“Yep! Order any kind of burger you want!” Minseok replied to her. Lucy looked at her menu once again. A few minutes later, the waitress came back to the table with their drinks to see if they were ready to take their orders. When the waitress asked if they were ready, Lucy looked at Minseok.

“Do you want me to go first? I can if you want.” Lucy asked him. Minseok looked at her.

“It is up to you.” Minseok replied to her. Lucy decided to go first then. Lucy ordered a triple cheeseburger with a lot of toppings on it and a large order of fries. For Minseok, that sounded appetizing to him as well. He looked at the waitress.

“I will actually have the exact same thing she is having.” Minseok spoke to the waitress. The waitress nodded then wrote down their orders before walking to the kitchen. Lucy and Minseok made eye contact and smiled at each other. Minseok placed one of his hands on top of one of Lucy’s hands that were on the table.

“I...I am glad that we are on this date.” Minseok spoke up. Lucy’s heart was beating so fast inside of her chest.

“Me too.” Lucy said back to him. Minseok felt like he was on cloud 9 right now and he never wanted to come down from it. Both of them actually. Minseok could not get enough of Lucy not ever will either.

“I..I..I love you.” Minseok suddenly piped up to her. Lucy blushed but still had a huge smile on her face.

“I love you, too, Minseok.” Lucy said back. Minseok’s eyes widened.

“You d-do?” Minseok asked her. Lucy nodded.

“Yes. Very much, I do. I never really felt like this about anyone...until I met you. I mean, I have asked guys out in the past but they never made me truly feel the way that I do about you. Honestly. You make me so happy and my heart flutters like crazy when I am with you!” Lucy replied and explained to him.  The smile on Minseok’s face became a bit bigger than it just was.

“I feel the same way about you. No girl really has ever made me feel like this either. I mean, just as you mentioned earlier, not many girls wanted to date me but I really was not into dating until I graduated from school.” Minseok told her.

“Those girls must have been nuts to not want to be with an amazing person like you.” Lucy told him. Minseok chuckled.

“I think the same about the guys that said no when you asked them out. I think they do not know what they are missing. You are also amazing. And I am glad that you are mine...if you want me to be yours.” Minseok said back to her as well. Lucy nodded.

“I want you to be with me and I want to be with you, too, Minseok. Very much.” Lucy responded back to him. Minseok could not believe it. Lucy wanted him to be her boyfriend. This was like a dream come true for both Minseok and Lucy. It was official, too. They were now boyfriend and girlfriend to one another. MInseok lifted up Lucy’s hand towards his face and gave the back of it a kiss. Lucy started to feel warm but happy at the same time.

A few minutes later, the waitress returned with the meals that they ordered. She placed them onto the table in front of them before having to head off to go serve another customer once again. The two of them began to dig into their meals at the same time. The two of them had a conversation as they ate their meals, too. Lucy made Minseok by flinging a small french fry and him that hit him lightly in the face and MInseok also made Lucy laugh as well but sticking two of them in his mouth and placed them like walrus tusks. 

In a way, having a sense of humor was such a huge turn on for both of them. Among other things, too. Tonight definitely made Minseok’s nervousness about him wanting it to go well subsided. So did Lucy’s feelings as well. When the two of them finished their meals, they also ordered milkshakes as well. Lucy was not sure if she should order one but Minseok told her to go for it. He never judged her for eating a lot or her weight. Not even once since they have met. Ans Minseok does not plan on doing that either. He loves her curves and tummy the way it is. 

Minseok would never want her to feel about herself either because she should not have to feel that way anyway. Same with Lucy when it comes to Minseok.

“I am so glad to have Lucy in my life.” Minseok thought to himself as they had their milkshakes.

“I am so happy to have MInseok in my life.” Lucy as lso thought to herself as she had her milkshake, too. Minseok stopped drinking his milkshake for a second.

“You’re so cute.” MInseok suddenly spoke up. Lucy looked at him as she stopped drinking her milkshake as well.

“You really think that?” Lucy asked him. Minseok nodded.

“All the time.” Minseok replied back. Lucy smiled.

“I think that about you all the time, too. You are so cute as well.” Lucy said to him. Minseok did a cute chuckle. Then the two of them finished their milkshakes before Lucy headed to the restroom. As Minseok paid for the meal, he thought about what had happened on the date so far. Watching the movie cuddled up together, holding hands in the auditorium while throwing and feeding each other popcorn, too. And just having so much fun in general. 

Minseok hopes for many more dates like this with Lucy. For the rest of his life he hopes. Minseok just finished paying the bill for dinner as Lucy came out of the restroom and back to the table. They looked at each other.

“Are you ready to go?” Lucy asked Minseok. Minseok nodded.

“If you are then I am ready to go.” Minseok replied to her.

“I am.” Lucy said to him. Minseok got up from the table as well and the two of them headed out of the burger joint and back to Minseok’s car. 

On the way to drop Lucy off at her apartment, both of them stayed silent for about a minute before either of them finally spoke to each other.

“So...would you like to go on a second date with me?” Minseok asked her. Lucy looked at him. She did not even hesitate for a second to answer that question at all.

“Yes! I would love that!” Lucy answered back to him with a smile on her face. Minseok smiled.

“Same here. How about next friday or...any night, to be honest.” Minseok said to her.

“Well, how about you pick a day and you let me know.” Lucy suggested. Minseok liked the idea.

“I can do that but if you have a certain day you want, just tell me. I am literally free any day of the week, so do not worry about picking a day for the second date.” Minseok responded back to her. Lucy nodded.

“Okay.” Lucy said back to him. Regardless, both of them were very happy. Several minutes later, Minseok finally entered the apartment complex and parked in front of Lucy’s apartment. As much as they did not want it to be, the date was officially over. Minseok and Lucy looked at each other as Lucy unbluckled her seatbelt. 

“Well, I guess this is goodbye for now.” Lucy said to him. 

“Trust me, I will text later. I am not going to just goodnight once tonight.” Minseok said back to her. Lucy smiled. She did not mind that. Minseok was not a psychopath or anything like that. He was just that much of a caring person. Lucy did not mind it, though.

“Same here. I hope you do not get sick of me.” Lucy told him.

“Never! I love hearing and talking to you.” MInseok exclaimed to her.

“I love hearing you as well. It makes me happy. You make me happy.” Lucy spoke. Minseok smiled.

“You make me happy, too.” Minseok spoke back to her. Before Lucy could say another word, Minseok suddenly moved forward and placed his lips against Lucy’s. Lucy accepted the kiss. It tasted sweet. Minseok pulled away from her several seconds later to look at her again. 

“I..I..” Minseok was cut off by Lucy giving him a quick kiss on the lips as well for a few seconds. Lucy looked at him with a smile on her face.

“I love you, too.” Lucy said to him. Minseok smiled.

“Are you sure that you do not want me to walk you to the door?” Minseok asked her. Lucy shook her head.

“I appreciate it but I will be fine. Thank you, though.” Lucy replied back to him. Minseok nodded.

“You are welcome.” Minseok said to him. Minseok was not going to just let her out of the car and drive off. He was going to make sure Lucy got into her apartment safe and sound. Lucy got out of the car after saying goodbye to Minseok and headed to the front door of her apartment. As soon as Lucy went inside her apartment, Minseok started the car up again and left the complex to head back to his home.

 

####

 

Later that night, Lucy was in her room, getting ready for bed. As she finished brushing her hair while it was wet from the shower she just took, her cell phone beeped. She picked it up and looked at the screen. It was a text from Minseok. The text from MInseok read:

Minseok: I just wanted to let you know that I am heading to bed and that I love you so much! Goodnight, babe! I had so much fun on our date tonight!

Lucy smiled as she texted him back.

Lucy: I love you, too! I had so much fun tonight as well! Goodnight, MinMin!

Lucy put her phone back on the side table and got into her bed. Her heart felt so happy and excited right now. She was no longer single. Lucy now has the greatest and sweetest boyfriend in the world. She closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep with a smile on her face.

 

The End