Ruining His Plans

Different World, Jinjoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin's POV

This suddenly feels weird. Walking alone with Chaewon. We're about to go to Minju's room.

"How's her situation? Minju-ssi." She's asking me? She normally goes through the patient's updates before anything.

"Her vitals are normal, don't see any other signs of bruising."

It has been a week since we went to the fun fair. I miss it. It's better than walking around the hospital and seeing the same people.

"I told you it was nothing." she nudges my shoulder as we enter the lift.

I smiled despite knowing the truth. But I still need to do something about it. If Minju doesn't get it checked, it may or may not be the cause of her being unable to wake up.

"How are you?" she suddenly asks.

I tilt my head. "Usual, not getting enough sleep." I laughed faintly.

Totally not getting enough sleep because there's someone constantly bothering me to spend time with her. Said it was lonely talking to fellow ghosts.

Minju appears everywhere nowadays, not only in my head.

When I'm in the operating theatre observing, she's there standing beside the directors who were also watching. Sometimes she even stands beside me and learns about the surgery.

I have a feeling she might become a certified doctor before me.

There were times when I was eating alone in the cafeteria. She told me not to just eat gimbap, so I made an effort to head down for the catered food. She'd be there, sitting opposite me and stealing my food. (She actually doesn't but gets a share in her own world)

When I take a nap, she'll magically appear beside me and start poking me awake because she's bored.

Basically, I've become her only form of entertainment. But I don't complain. She's the only one able to deal with how annoying I am.

She makes me feel as if I'm not annoying. I don't know if that's a good thing.

Chaewon unnie pats my shoulder. "You head in first. I'll go to the bathroom." she gave me her clipboard and walked to the toilet.

I tapped my card, entering the sliding glass doors.

That's when I notice the door to Minju's room was slightly opened. There shouldn't be anyone at the moment, not that I know of.

I gave a small knock, sliding the door just to see that same guy who claims is her fiance.

He had his fingers around her neck as if he were trying to strangle her, stopping when he notices me.

"What are you doing?"

He quickly took his hand off and brushes his mid-length hair back to its place. Minju's fine but her blood pressure went up slightly.

"You're her doctor?" he asks, a little shocked at my presence. He seems to remember me.

I halted beside the bed, nodding my head. He quickly pulls out a lanyard and shows it to me without me asking.

It's a visitor's pass.

I nodded, not wanting to talk to him as I went on with the usual checks.

When I was about to check Minju's oxygen tube, he interrupts. "How long will you be here?"

I looked at him with suspicion, seeing his hand gripping my wrist.

"I want to be alone with her."

I took my hand away, frowning slightly. I really want to kill this man because he has an underlying intention to be alone with Minju.

He can't be up to no good. Minju's neck was also slightly red and I saw a document sitting at the edge of the bed.

"Hello there."

I turned to see Chaewon. Great, she's here before I do something with these syringes I have on the table.

I handed her the clipboard without lifting my gaze off him. The way he looked at Chaewon told me he knew who she was.

Not as a doctor, but as someone who promised him something.

"You've done everything?" Chaewon asks.

"Except for the oxygen tube," I said.

She went forward and checked. I noticed a slight pause in her action, eyes minimally glancing at the guy.

"Looks fine," she said before lifting Minju's collar slightly to cover up whatever he did to her a few seconds ago.

I looked to the floor to see the oxygen tube disconnected from the machine.

How bad does he want Minju dead?

I bent down, plugging it back in before I felt Chaewon kicking me slightly. "Get up."

I stood up, dusting my hands. At least Minju could survive without the oxygen support or she'd be dead before we even came here.

Chaewon did her last few checks before saying, "There's nothing to be worried about, she's fine as of now. But I'll be increasing the amount of IV fluid because her glucose levels are a little low."

"Thank you." The guy said, glancing at Minju before Chaewon starts walking.

I stayed put.

"Ahn Yujin."

I looked behind. "I'm in charge of changing." I excused, going to the closet to get a new set of hospital gowns.

I peeked to see the guy sending eye signals to Chaewon. I can't believe she's in cahoots with him.

I'm not assuming but the way she covered up whatever he was doing, it's not sitting well with me. Is it for the money? How much is he giving her to keep quiet?

Chaewon left before I came back to the bed. "Will you be staying here?"

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" He retorted.

"I'll have to clean her up. I don't think she would want anyone else around."

"Anyone else? Do I look like anyone else to you? I've probably seen more than you did." He is pushing my limits.

"You're just a resident, aren't you?" he probably saw my name tag. "Why are you doing all this anyway? Shouldn't there be a more experienced nurse? How can I be assured she'll be in good hands?"

As if he cares for Minju. I just know that the moment I leave, he's going to get her thumbprint on that document.

"I'm sorry, but you'll have to leave," I said.

"What? Just because you're a staff here you'll get to order me around? Do you know who I am? I can end your career or life whenever I want to."

I hate his face. Officially.

"It's the end of visiting hours." I brought up, pointing at the clock on the wall that shows 5 pm. "If you're done with your visit, you should be leaving."

"I'm not. You're leaving, not me. I'll have to do something confidential so if you could just." he's starting to get irritated.

"Just leave. She doesn't need to change when she does nothing but lie around all day."

I slowly reached beneath the bed, pressing a button. In a few moments, there'll be guards coming.

When he saw me not moving an inch, he scoffs. "Wah, you're a shameless one, aren't you?" he shakes his head.

"Fine, stay if you want." He takes out an ink pad from his pocket, placing the document properly.

"What are you doing?" I reached for his hand but he slaps mine away.

"None of your business."

I quickly snatched the document out of his hands, walking backwards. His glare sent shivers down my spine as he walks around the bed.

He does it so slowly, totally not what I expected of him. I thought he would chase me around.

But he was in front of me before my back hit the wall. I should've just run out of the room.

"Give it to me while I'm being nice." he opens his palm.

"No."

He takes in a deep breath. "I don't even know who the are you to care what goes on between us," he mumbles under his nose.

I slapped the hand that was reaching for the document. Thinking it would be a great idea to hide it behind my back, he was fast enough to get hold of my wrist, pulling on the piece of paper.

"You're not going to let go?" I gripped tightly on the paper, my other hand squeezing his forearm.

I can't just give that to him. "I don't think you would want to lose one of your precious fingers, do you?" Is he really thinking of cutting my finger off just to get this piece of paper?

"Come on. Give it to me." I have a feeling this is the last straw before he does anything.

He reached into his pocket, pulling out something. I heard a small click.

It was a swiss knife. I thought they were dull but this is probably some hybrid for it to be this sharp.

I am definitely not going to lose a finger today. If that happens, my finger's not the only thing that would be gone. I'll be jobless in this field for the rest of my life.

But Minju's life would be in danger.

When the knife was way too close to my thumb, I quickly let the paper go, causing my skin to brush against the sharp end of the knife.

He scoffs, retracting the knife before going back to where Minju's body was.

He reaches for Minju's hand, coating her thumb with ink before stamping it on the document.

I was too late.

It took a while before I felt the pain coming from the cut on my finger. Oh god, I'm bleeding.

The door opens and in comes the security I called with the button.

The guy looks up, sneaking the document into his briefcase.

"What are you guys doing here?" he asked.

"We've been deployed. Didn't you call us?" the security looks at me and sees no sign

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter