02 - What have you found? You.

Love As Pure As a Daisy🌼
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


I can hear your voice,

The ring of yesterday, 

It seems so close to me but yet so far away,

I should let it out to save what's left of me,

And close the door of doubt,

Revive my dignity...


But I can't go on as long as I believe,

Can't let go when I keep wondering,

Where are you now, what have you found,

Where is your heart when I'm not around...


I should let it out, it's time to let you go...



"Sure," She spoke. "Get that over to the Crime unit and I'll send them my report before the trial." 

"Yes, ma'am," The latter bowed and left the office, leaving Nari alone. 

Work.

Home.

Work.

Home.

It was a cycle that was constantly repeated. Keeping herself busy was her way of coping with her demons. It was her way of not thinking about what truly bothered her and prevented her from sleeping well at night. But did it always work? No. Her mind always found a way to be sneaky enough and make her remember things that she wanted to forget. Something, or better said, someone who brought so much happiness and sadness into her life at the same time. 

Lee Mark. 

Her first love.

Her childhood friend. 

Her happiness.

Her pain.

One person - so many emotions. 

It was a turmoil. 

Sighing she looked toward the window for her eyes to land on a flower pot full of daisies. Her favorite flowers. Memories rushed back to her without even asking for permission. 

***

Spring. 

The most beautiful season of the year. 

Why? Because the earth starts to wake up after three months of hibernating. 

The birds start singing their lovely tunes again as animals go explore the old-new forest. 

Leaves grow once again, giving the forest a lively atmosphere. 

The once sad fields are now happy again as the green grass gave them life again, and that wasn't all. Colorful flowers that bloomed made them decorated like the Christmas tree in Winter. The beautiful white daises gave off a special sparkle as if diamonds were spread around and Nari couldn't help but smile at it all as she sat down on the soft Spring grass. Her white dress spread around her as the Spring sun shone above her. Mark sat next to her, taking her hand and caressing it gently with his thumb. 

Coming to this place in Spring was their favorite thing. 

Something like a tradition.

"Beautiful," She murmured, touching one of the daisy petals. 

"You are beautiful," He whispered. 

His words made her blush as her heart skipped a beat. "Hush," She mumbled. 

"I am serious," He smiled. "You are as beautiful as a Spring day and as pure as a daisy." 

She smiled shyly. Mark picked a daisy flower and tucked it behind her ear, before moving his hand and caressing her chin with his thumb. Their eyes locked and soon their lips did as well. 

"You are my daisy," He mumbled against her lips. "And you always will be." 

***

Daisy. 

And that she was.

She was his daisy. 

***

"Daisy!" Mark called out as he stood outside her bedroom window. 

Nari chuckled as she opened the window and looked out. "I'll be done in a minute!" 

Mark grinned and pointed to a picnic basket. "I made sure we have everything!" 

Nari shook her head, amused before she blew him a kiss and he pretended to catch it.

***

Mark was never afraid to show his affection towards her, nor did he care about their surroundings. Calling her pet names was a normal thing and he wasn't the only one. For you see, Nari had some pet names for him too. 

Boo.

Boo-Boo.

Cuddle Boo.

Teddy Bear.

Cuddle Bear.

Boo-Boo Bear. 

***

"Cuddle Boo-Boo!" Nari grinned as she ran toward him. 

Mark opened his arms and hugged her tightly, picking her up and twirling her around. "How was dance class?" 

"It was fun, and your soccer game?" 

"Ah, we almost hand them," He shrugged, putting her down. 

"Aww," She pouted. "Better luck next time." 

He nodded and poked her sides, making her giggle. "No pouting!" 

"Okay, okay!" 

Mark winked and wrapped an arm around her. "Let's go." 

"Where are we going?" 

"To eat." 

***

Was there a day that they wouldn't see each other? No. 

Was there a moment when they would do something and hide it from each other? No. 

They had the trust.

They had a communication.

They had support for each other.

They had love.

They had a friendship.

***

The music played in the background as Nari danced to it with her dance crew. Mark and their mutual friends were in the audience, holding banners and cheering. Nari did a flip and with that, the music came to a stop and the audience started to applaud. Nari and the others bowed before taking a step back. Her eyes darted around until they landed on Mark who was holding a teddy bear with the words 'I love you' on it. 

"THAT'S MY DAISY!" 

His words made her blush and she giggled slightly before leaving the stage. 

***

And she did the same. 

***

The ball flew across the field as Mark kicked it toward the goal as the goalkeeper got himself ready to defend. The crowd watched carefully and in silence as Nari clenched her fists, her eyes locked on the ball and her heart raced. It was a tense game from the very start.

"SCORE!" 

As the sports reporter yelled out the crowd started to cheer and clap. Mark clenched his fists and jumped up into the air as his team circled him. Nari grinned and pushed through the crowd, coming closer to the field, as she always did.

"BOO!"

Mark turned around as he heard a familiar voice and grinned, excusing himself. Approaching her, she ran into his arms and he twirled her around. 

"That was amazing, Boo!" 

"All thanks to you," He whispered. "Your  support was the most important." 

She smiled shyly and the two kissed. 

***

A smile cracked on her face as she felt her heart tremble again... as if nothing changed. 

***

"We should come here more often," Mark said, holding her hand and swaying it back and forth as the two walked down the shore. 

"I agree," Nari said. "Both sunrise and sunset are beautiful here." 

"Should we celebrate our 3rd anniversary here?" He asked. 

"Splendid idea!" 

***

There wasn't a place where they didn't go.

There wasn't a thing that they didn't do. 

Even going to a Haunted house was a must, even though, Nari hated scary things, but with Mark anything was possible. 

Around him, it seemed as if all the fear was gone. 

***

"Is it too scary?" She mumbled, hugging his arm. 

He smiled and shook his head. "It's not real. You'll see, it's not as scary, but hey, we can always do something else--" 

"No, let's do this. It's your birthday and I promised to do whatever your choose." 

Mark smiled softly and nodded his head. "Let's go, love."

***

With him, she could do things that she never thought she could. 

Swimming.

Diving.

Rock climbing.

Bungee jumping.

Mark helped her a lot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter