An empty house

Minjeong-ssi to Jimin ssi
Please log in to read the full chapter

Their apartment was a penthouse, that meant floor to ceiling windows which also meant a lot of natural light. 
 

A feature Jimin begins inwardly thanking herself for choosing when the younger woman pulls her hand into their apartment, the sunset beginning behind her, the sky tinted orange, the city skyline slightly below them forming a picturesque contrast to the burning fire ball.

 

It's warm glow framing the sides of Minjeong's face.

 

" I'm home!" Jimin giggles, quickly taking her shoes off before leading the shorter girl towards the terrace, sliding the door open to have the warm air of the outside world hit their faces.

 

"Wanna sit down for abit before we unpack?" Jimin suggests, already getting on the floor, taking her blazer off and placing it beside her, gesturing for the younger to come closer.

 

There was a certain beauty of the sight, Minjeong's blonde hair under the warm orange tone of the sun, eyes closed, enjoying the light, like a plant in the wind.

 

Fleshy hands reach out for bony ones, Jimin's fingers interlacing with Minjeong's long slender ones, a peaceful silence settles between the two.

 

Minjeong is the first to give into the fatigue, laying her head on Jimin's shoulder, breathing deeply the sweet scent the raven used.

 

"Wake me up when it's over, I think...I've been working too mu-" Eyelids grow heavy, with the younger woman giving in, taking a break from the world.

 

"Sleep well, MinMin. I'll be here when you wake up."

 


Perhaps it was internalised patriarchy or something along those lines.

 

Watching her blonde puppy be tired whenever they'd meet up after school or work, it grew a desire to work harder so Minjeong wouldn't have to work so hard.

 

A desire to ask the younger woman not to work any longer, or perhaps, even work with her after they finally manage to get married.
 

That way, they'd be able to see each other more often.

 

Jimin smiles to herself, leaning her cheek on the crown of her lover's head.

 

But you wouldn't like that.

 

Minjeong was getting a degree in performance, the younger girl longing for a big stage and adoration.

 

Her backup dream, even cuter. 
 

 

Remininscing asking the back then raven teenager what her dreams were, Jimin huffed out in sequences, chucking underneath her breath.

 

"I'll be a barista and bring a cup of coffee for my lover everyday after work."


Jimin supposes, in a way, Minjeong was trying to say she was completely satisfied with how her life currently was. 
 

Understanding Minjeong's habits and wishes didn't mean the older woman was fine the way things were.

 

Afterall, who would want to see their lover pass out during every car ride.

 

Speaking coffee orders in their sleep, thanking her and telling her to have a nice day when they'd split ways, suggesting caramel pumps or new flavours in completely separate coffee shops.

 

Recently, Minjeong's store had been doing some special valentines event where she would return hearts with another and a 5% discount.


Jimin snorts, remembering how her fiancée had sighed, returning her finger heart with an overhead heart, biting down and saying "5% love!" With her customer voice, still half asleep.

 

The girl on her shoulder stirs awake, perfect timing to watch as the sky turned navy.

 

"What're you laughing at mm?" The blonde woman rubbed at her eyes, before looking at the final moments of sunlight disappear before her.

 

"Nothing, I'm just happy." Jimin takes the initiative to stand, holding a hand out for the younger.

 

"Bakamin." Pulling herself up and leaving a peck on the older woman's lips, Minjeong walked back into the empty living room. Taking a deep breath, the smell of an empty apartment.

 

" Are you happy with it? You didn't really have the time to go apartment hunting with me... if you don't I can-" Grabbing the older woman's head in her hands, Minjeong angled their eyes to meet.

 

"Bakamin? This is already nicer than what I would have gotten with my bank account 40 years down the line, don't worry too much okay?" The nickname rolls off too easily, Jimin pouting, mumbling a small "I'm not stupid..."


"But- did you hire mov

Please log in to read the full chapter