i can see you

When It's Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

based on SMTOWN LIVE in Jakarta 2023 and their dance challenge. 

 

Jakarta,
September 23, 2023  

“Minjeong unnie, you’ve been glowing lately,” Jiyeon, one of the dancer says, beaming at Minjeong from across the table.

“I’m not surprised. Her SYNK HYPERLINE performance was amazing,” Shin Jaewon oppa says, he's aespa and SMTOWN's concert director. “It was the highlight of the whole concert! You're born to be onstage.” he continue, Minjeong can help but grinning. “Thanks, oppa.”

Just then, Minjeong phone buzzes, and she peek at the screen under the table.

Hey, are you tired? ’Cause you’ve been running through my mind all day. A gif of an exploding heart pops up next to the message. Minjeong snort. It turns out, unsurprisingly really, that Jaehyun is the prince of cheesy pickup lines. He sends her ridiculous texts like this at least three times a day, but she'd be lying if she said she didn’t love it.

Jaewon oppa raises his eyebrows. “Everything okay, Minjeong-ah? You’re smiling like you won the lottery.”

“It’s nothing,” She say. But he’s right. Minjeong smile is so big her cheeks hurt. She tuck her phone away and try to focus on her stylist who reapplying her make up for aespa's last performance, Spicy. But her mind wanders to a couple of weeks ago, when Minjeong, Jaehyun Jimin, and Jimin's 'friend' snuck away to a movie theater Jaehyun rented out for them for a few hours after practice. One great thing about Korean culture is that it makes secret relationships pretty easy to maintain—there are private movie rooms and private dining rooms at most restaurants. It's been so long since they see each other, he's been busy with NCT Nation concert and NCT U comeback, and Minjeong with aespa's world tours.

For past few weeks apart, Minjeong can see his face everywhere even oversea. His face, magnified times ten and airbrushed to above-human levels of perfection and printed over a glossy poster on the road and bus for a luxury fashion brand. She can only gape at the poster, at his beautiful, familiar face, the features she studied in such close proximity in private, blown up for everyone to admire. Something hot and painful wraps around her heart and squeezes, it made her missed him harder. Long distance relationship .

“Minjeong-ah, hello? Did you hear me?”
“Huh?” Minjeong snap back to the dressing room, where manager unnie looking at her with knowing eyes. "Of course, why unnie?"

"NCT and Riize manager asking me if it's okay if aespa did TikTok challenge with them, you want in?"

"Sure!" Minjeong say, smiling.

"Okay, Jimin and Ningning with Ten, Aeri with Taeyong since they're part of Zoo Team." She paused, "... and Minjeong with ... Jaehyun."

“What?” Minjeong voice catches in , "You want me to do it with him? Unnie, you know about us!"

"Wait let me explain, okay? Fans wouldn't suspect anything, they will think both of you are just part of SMTOWN family and it will calm your 'rumored boyfriend' fans, hopefully after this they will leave you alone. Think about it, Minjeong-ah."

Well that certain 'rumored boyfriend' obviously not hers since he's Minjeong's real boyfriend's close friend, one of the famous 97line clique member. "I know his fans have been spamming your instagram with hates."

"He's okay with this? Jaehyun oppa."

"Actually, it was his idea."

"But ... i doubt the hates will stop even after this." Minjeong admit after a pause. Not sure what else to say.

Manager unnie gives her a sad smile. “It's still worth a try."

"I guess you're right unnie, i'll do it." Minjeong swallow hard.

"Let's filmed it outside." Manager unnie calls over her shoulder, aespa members just nodded their head.

NCT manager is walking toward them, and Jaehyun along with Ten and Taeyeong follows slowly behind him. Minjeong's heart skips faster as they got closer. There he is. Looking fine as hell in his Baggy Jeans outfit. She want to throw herself to him but there are to many people right now. They've met yesterday for the concert's rehearsal and hanging out after in the her hotel room, but seeing him again ready to be The Jeong Jaehyun of NCT just feel different. Something more than the fact that she want to climb him like a tree. Minjeong quickly shake her head, burying the dirty thoughts away.

When Jaehyun's gaze falls on her, his whole face lights up in a smile and Minjeong realize he’s been waiting to meet her. He walk slowly toward Minjeong and take a place right beside her, their shoulder softly brushed.

"You're beautiful," Jaehyun whisper, his gaze burning into her eyes. “Breathtakingly beautiful” He added, Minjeong feel warmth spread throughout her body, fuzzy and sweet.

"So what kind of dance should we do for our TikTok challenge? It needs to be something fun that everyone can do." Taeyong asked.

"How about the dance for us and Baek Yijin one for Minjeong and Jaehyun oppa?" Jimin sugested said, Minjeong was ready to protest, Baek Yijin Challenge will be hard since it required them to look into each other eyes, if it's just the usual dance they can avoid eyes contacts, but Jimin added, "It doesn't need to be complicated, just a little fun. I bet some people will be too shy to do it so it needs to be something they can get away with doing without being embarrassed, Minjeong-ah, you went to acting classes recently, you'll do fine."   

"I think that's a good idea. We don't need to add too much." Jaehyun added. "I don't want to make it too difficult, just simple and cute." Jaehyun voice trails off and Minjeong's cheeks feel warm.

"C-can we do this outside?" Minjeong asked while looking at Jaehyun with her puppy eyes, tugging softly at his shirt. all of aespa and NCT members knew about their relationship, but Minjeong can already imagine all the teasing they'll get from the team. Things are still tender and new between them. Even before it started, she a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter