baby fangs

dumb her way out: the series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ningning wasn't all that surprised when she found out that her dumb, idiotic best friend, Winter, is dating a centuries old y vampire because after all, it's Winter. She has a knack for doing the most ludicrous things imaginable whether it be inserting her hands in a hot, boiling water out of curiosity, or sacrificing ¼ of her soul to the devil (the devil being a con artist she met in Italy). Thus, the fact that she's actually dating a supernatural being who could easily snap her neck in an instant is no longer a shocker.

 

What's actually surprising to Ningning is the fact that said centuries old y vampire is just as smitten. 

 

Honestly, she expected the vampire to be the indifferent, insouciant—or just plain uninterested one between the two considering that her best friend is most likely the one to continuously dumb her way into the vampire's heart, hence the latter has no other choice but to sigh in defeat and accept her unfortunate fate as the figment of Winter's everlasting obsession, but damn, was she wrong.

 

Because right now, it seems like Karina is the one who's actually dumbing her way into the human's heart and not the other way around as she's currently sitting on the floor with Winter nestled between her legs, her teeth gently sinking against the girl's bare shoulder. Is she nibbling? What is she even doing? 

 

“...does she normally do that?” Ningning asks as soon as she drops a yellow card on the deck.

 

“What?” Winter arches an eyebrow, messily rearranging her uno cards before glancing back at Karina, who is completely occupied as she nibbles on her skin. “Oh? This?”

 

Ningning nods unsurely, her expression twisting into a mix of confusion, repulsion, and most probably disgust as Karina bites into Winter's shoulder once again, seemingly unaware of the conversation happening in front of her.

 

“Not until recently,” Winter shrugs, nonchalantly shrugging off her girlfriend's continuous bites. “I don't really know when it started, but I guess she—hey! I said no fangs!”

 

Karina's mouth hangs open mid air, blinking at Winter before sighing. She gently plants a light, delicate kiss on the spot she has bitten and proceeds to peck the human's cheek.

 

“I apologize,” she murmurs, and Ningning almost gags with how soft and fluffy and so ing giggly her best friend transforms into. 

 

They're so touchy! Karina's haunted house is literally big enough for four people! Why is she even clinging to Winter like a koala?

 

“She regularly noms on your skin and you're completely okay with that?” Giselle finally speaks, making her presence known as she places a red Draw Two card on the pile, consequently earning an annoyed groan from Ningning.

 

“Yeah?” Winter retorts, “It's not like she wants to turn me, right? She's probably just teething or something.”

 

“Teething? She has like—” Ningning squints, bending slightly to take a closer look at the vampire behind her best friend. “ten thousand teeth hidden in her gums!”

 

The vampire in question turns her gaze forward, “I have 32, including the fangs.”

 

Giselle's expression lights up, “Really? Can I see the fangs up close?”

 

“No, you cannot.” the vampire shakes her head.

 

“Aw, come on! Just a glimpse!” Ningning begs. Seeing a vampire fangs up close may or may not be listed in her bucket list.

 

“Guys, leave her alone, please.” Winter comes to the rescue. “Her fangs are like 5 millimeters shorter than an average adult vampire's, and she's really conscious about it, okay?”

 

“But that just makes it cuter!” Giselle tells her before looking at Ningning for some validation. “Right, Ning?”

 

“Absolutely!” Ningning agrees, clasping her hands together. “Can we see it?”

 

“Nope.” Another shake of her head, Winter stands her ground. “She doesn't want to show it, so we're not going to force her.” she adds, smirking as she puts down a red number 6 card. “Uno!”

 

Both Ningning and Giselle let out an annoyed groan, their brows furrowing as they rack their brains to come up with every possible way to accuse Winter of cheating. Anything!

 

“Karina, you didn't eat her other cards, did you?” Ningning questions, accusatively pointing a finger to the oblivious vampire.

 

Winter then slaps her best friend's hand away, “She's a vampire, not a card shredder.”

 

Grinning mischievously, Ningning straightens up, ready to counter something to best friend, but before she can even say anything, Karina unexpectedly jumps in and beats her to it.

 

“I'd do it.” says the vampire.

 

Taken aback, Ningning's eyes widen in amusement. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter