CHAPTER SIX

Hellfire Oasis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

RECKONING 

 

The Superior of Hell, Azazel, summoned his most trusted and high-ranking devils for a meeting, commanding their presence in the grand hall. As they gathered, the atmosphere crackled with tension, an aura of anticipation hanging thick in the air.

 

Azazel, a towering figure of authority, strode into the room, his presence commanding respect and obedience. Around him, the assembled demons shifted nervously, their expressions a mix of apprehension and curiosity.

 

Rumors had swept through the realm like wildfire, whispers of a sleeping Queen stirring, and the possibility that the newcomer is key to awakening the queen. They hungered for details on her condition, fearing her imminent awakening.

 

The mention of the newcomer sparked murmurs among the assembled devils, speculation running rampant as they contemplated the stranger's role in the Queen's potential revival. Some eyed each other warily, while others leaned in, eager to glean any information that might shed light on the unfolding mystery.

 

“I guess you all know why you're here,” Azazel began, his commanding presence filling the grand hall.

 

“I want you all to be prepared because our Queen might return,” Azazel continued, his voice resonating with a mixture of authority and anticipation, igniting a sense of urgency among his followers.

 

The assembled demons exchanged uneasy glances, their loyalty to Azazel warring with the fear of the unknown. Some nodded in silent agreement, while others shifted uneasily, their minds racing with the implications of the Queen's potential awakening.

 

The lore surrounding the sleeping queen, Irene, and her formidable reign as the most feared devil in Hell has been ingrained in the collective consciousness of the infernal realm for generations. Tales of her savagery and unparalleled power have been passed down through the ages, serving as a chilling reminder of her dominance and the consequences of opposing her rule.

 

Throughout history, the mere mention of Irene's name has struck fear into the hearts of demons, her legacy serving as a cautionary tale for those who dared to challenge her authority. Any who dared to oppose her were swiftly and mercilessly dealt with, their defiance met with swift and unforgiving punishment.

 

As the daughter of Hell itself, Irene's rule was absolute, her dominion unchallenged by any who dared to cross her path. Her presence cast a shadow of fear and reverence over the entire realm, ensuring that her legacy would endure long after her eternal slumber began.

 

“How can you be so sure, Azazel, that the newcomer is the key to awakening the Queen?” Yunho, one of the high-ranking devils and a close friend of Azazel, inquired, his skepticism evident as he glanced around at the other assembled demons, their expressions ranging from curiosity to apprehension.

 

The entire realm was aware of the Queen's eternal slumber, yet the whereabouts of her body and palace remained a mystery. Only select demons possessed the privilege to enter the Queen's sanctum, leaving the rest of the infernal realm in a state of curiosity and speculation.

 

Intrigue permeated the air as demons of all ranks pondered the queen's fate and speculated on the circumstances of her awakening. While the older demons, veterans of the ancient wars between angels and devils, carried the weight of history and knowledge of the queen's story, the newer generation remained in the dark, their curiosity fueled by whispered legends and fragmented tales passed down through the ages.

 

As whispers of the Queen's impending awakening circulated among the denizens of Hell, anticipation hung heavy in the air, mingled with a sense of uncertainty and awe. For in the depths of Hell, where time held little sway and darkness reigned supreme, the fate of the queen remained a tantalizing mystery waiting to unfold. 

 

 

Azazel paused, his crimson eyes gleaming with certainty. “The signs are unmistakable, Yunho. Kang Yerim powers are unlike anything we've seen before, a potential catalyst for the Queen's awakening.”

 

“But why now? And what about the other newcomer, Kang Seulgi? What's her purpose?” another devil interjected, his voice tinged with uncertainty.

 

“Perhaps the forces of fate have finally aligned in our favor and about Kang Seulgi. There's might be a special reason why she was brought here too,” Azazel replied, his voice betraying a hint of intrigue as he pondered the newcomer's purpose.

 

His piercing gaze swept over the assembled demons, contemplating the unfolding events with a sense of calculated anticipation. 

 

“But mark my words, Kang Yerim holds the key to our Queen's return, and we must be ready for whatever comes next.” His tone carried a note of confidence, instilling a sense of purpose among his gathered followers.

 

As his mind wandered back to the labyrinthine maze and the pivotal moment when Yerim's latent power had surfaced, Azazel felt a surge of anticipation coursing through his veins. He had seen firsthand the potential within Yerim, the spark of power that could potentially herald the return of their long-lost Queen.

 

With each step closer to the awakening of the Queen, Azazel knew that the stakes had never been higher. 

 

The fate of Hell hung in the balance, and it was imperative that he and his followers be prepared for whatever trials lay ahead. For in the tumultuous landscape of the infernal realm, the key to their Queen's return lay in the hands of one young devil, and Azazel was determined to see his plans come to fruition, no matter the cost.

 

 

 

—————

 

 

 

Azazel watched from the shadows as the sisters continued to navigate the maze-like labyrinth, their frantic footsteps echoing off the ancient stone walls. He had orchestrated this elaborate game, patiently waiting for the moment he desired to unfold.

 

Suddenly, his keen eyes caught sight of a grotesque creature emerging from the darkness, its twisted form lunging towards the sisters with malevolent intent. Without hesitation, Azazel observed as the creature's attack forced Yerim to break away from her sister.

 

A predatory grin spread across Azazel's face as he observed the unfolding chaos, his plans falling into place with precision. This was the moment he had been waiting for, the catalyst that would set in motion the events he had carefully orchestrated. From the shadows, he watched with keen interest, eager to witness the outcome of his carefully laid schemes.

 

Azazel remained hidden in the shadows, his expression stoic as he observed Yerim's distress. Despite her fear and desperation, she could not evade the relentless onslaught of the grotesque creature. With each vicious attack, she cried out in pain, her body battered and bleeding.

 

The sight of Yerim's suffering did not elicit any outward reaction from Azazel. Instead, he continued to watch the scene unfold with an unwavering gaze, his thoughts shrouded in mystery.

 

As Yerim's cries echoed through the labyrinth, Azazel remained unmoved, his patience unyielding. 

 

As Yerim suddenly stopped and faced the grotesque with a blazing fire in her eyes, Azazel's anticipation reached its peak. With bated breath, he watched as a transformation swept over the young devil, her eyes alight with a power that mirrored that of the queen of Hell herself.

 

In that moment, the grotesque creature cowered in fear before Yerim, sensing the raw strength and authority emanating from her newfound power. With a mere glance, she commanded respect and instilled fear in the very creature that had once posed a threat to her.

 

A triumphant smile tugged at the corners of Azazel's lips as he witnessed the display of Yerim's latent power. 

 

“She's definitely the one,” he whispered to himself, his certainty solidified as he finally turned away from the scene, leaving the young devil.

 

As he faded into the shadows, he remained ever vigilant, knowing that the awakening of the queen of hell drew closer with each passing moment.

 

Unbeknownst to Azazel, a magical phenomenon unfolded at the end of the maze for Yerim. As she emerged from the labyrinth's depths, she found herself standing outside a magnificent palace, bathed in an otherworldly glow. It was a sight to behold, as if the very place itself had intervened to protect the young devil. 

 

 

——————

 

 

 

As Joy, Wendy, and Seulgi continued to search for Yerim in the labyrinth, their desperation mounting with each passing moment, other newcomers and demons joined their efforts, scouring every corner of the maze in hopes of finding the missing devil.

 

“Yerim-ah, where are you?” Seulgi whispered tiredly, her determination faltering but her resolve unwavering. 

 

She refused to give up until she found her sister, no matter the obstacles they faced.

 

Hours passed, and despite their best efforts, Yerim remained elusive, her whereabouts shrouded in mystery. Joy and Wendy exhausted every means at their disposal, utilizing their powers to their fullest extent in a desperate bid to locate the young devil, but to no avail.

 

“What do we do now, Wendy? We have to ask for help from Azazel,” Joy said, her voice laced with desperation.

 

“No, if he finds out we've lost Yerim, our fate is sealed. We can't risk it.” Wendy replied, her expression grim.

 

“But he's the one who devised this game! We have no other choice.” Joy retorted, frustration evident in her tone.

 

Wendy sighed in resignation, understanding the gravity of their situation. With a heavy heart, they continued their search for Yerim, praying that they would find her before it was too late.

 

As Seulgi pressed on in her search for Yerim, the twists and turns of the maze seemed endless. At last, a glimmer of light beckoned her from the maze's end. Seulgi followed the light at the end of the maze, her curiosity driving her forward, she emerged into a breathtakingly beautiful palace. The sight took her breath away, leaving her in awe of the majestic surroundings.

 

“What is this place?” Seulgi whispered, her voice barely audible against the grandeur of her surroundings. 

 

The palace, adorned with intricate carvings and shimmering with the soft glow of twilight, stood before her like something out of a fairy tale. With renewed hope pulsing through

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter