Special Chapter Part 1

๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ช๐—ฒ๐—ฑ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—–๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฟ (One-Shot)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ย 

" style="border-radius:12px;" width="100%">

Special Chapter

ย 

In a hurried departure from the office, Gia left Jun behind, her head bowed low to conceal the impending tears. Moving swiftly down the hallway, she accidentally bumped into someone. "I'm sorry," her voice cracked with emotion, and she attempted to continue walking. However, a firm grip on her wrist brought her to a stop. Looking up, she met Mingyu's concerned eyes, unable to hold back the tears any longer.

"Who did this to you? Is it him?" Mingyu's tone carried a mix of worry and anger. Gia shook her head, pushing away Mingyu's hands. Weakly smiling, she offered an excuse, "I was about to go to the restroom; I'm having allergies," she lied, wiping away the tears that continued to fall. "Can you apologize to Ms. Sophie and Mr. Junhui? There's an emergency, and I won't be able to send them off at the entrance. But don't worry, the meeting was done. Hahaha," Gia laughed, trying to convey strength. Patting Mingyu's shoulder, she turned away.

As she started to walk, Mingyu hugged her from behind, bringing her to a halt. Feeling his breath on the top of her head, Gia gently pushed him away, breaking the hug. She continued walking, creating distance. Turning around to face Mingyu, she shouted loud enough for him to hear, "Mingyu, don't forget to send them off, okay? Thank you," offering a final smile before disappearing.

Mingyu watched her departure, whispering to himself, "Why can't you share problems with me, Gia?" as he tightened his fists

________

Mingyu took a deep breath as he stood in front of the office, peering through the glass door. Inside, Jun and Sophie seemed engrossed in a serious conversation. The tension was palpable; their facial expressions revealed a heated exchange. Sophie attempted to grasp Jun's hands, but he forcefully pulled away.

Sensing the situation escalating, Mingyu decided to intervene. He walked into the room and bowed, his voice composed, "I'm sorry, but Ms. Gia can't see you off. There's an emergency. If you have more questions or changes about your wedding, please let me assist you."

Out of nowhere, Jun bumped into Mingyu's shoulder as he stormed out of the office, leaving Sophie sitting in devastation. It was evident they had just had a heated argument. Mingyu heard sniffles and turned his attention to Sophie, her head hanging low.

"Ms. Sophie, is there something I can help you with?" he broke the silence. Sophie raised her head, wiped her nose, and shook her head gently. She chuckled softly, "It must be karma for me."

"Karma?" Mingyu asked, intrigued by her cryptic remark. Before he could delve further, Sophie stood up, slinging her bag over her shoulder. She patted Mingyu's shoulder, "No need to send me off, I'm okay on my own." With a smile, she walked away, leaving Mingyu pondering the unraveling drama in the office.

______

As Jun exited the room, leaving his fiancee behind, his singular focus was on finding Gia and explaining the six-year absence that weighed heavily on his mind.

(Flashback)

6 years ago

"Son, you don't have to do this. We know how much you love Gia. Don't leave her alone," reassured Jun's father, while his wife nodded in agreement and gently rubbed Jun's shoulder for comfort. Jun sat on the sofa, his face buried in his palm, consumed by worry.

"You don't have to go this far, Jun. Your father and I can manage this," comforted Jun's mom, her words reaching out to ease her son's distress. "But Ma," Jun began, only to be cut off by his father.ย 

"We've already found investors who can help us keep the business going. In fact, we have a meeting with them later, son," his father revealed, chuckling, determined not to let Jun be burdened with concerns about the family business.

____ย 

Jun took hesitant steps toward the morgue at the hospital, anxiety weighing heavily on his shoulders. As he entered, two lifeless figures lay on the cold metal tables, shrouded in white cloth. His heart sank, and he fought to hold back the tears, his eyes stinging with the unshed grief.

Summoning courage, Jun approached the bodies, hands trembling as he reached for the white cloth that concealed their faces. With a deep breath, he unveiled his parents, their lifeless expressions haunting him. A choked whisper escaped his lips, "I'm sorry... I couldn't protect you both." The reality hit him like a tidal wave, and he collapsed to the floor, overcome with sorrow, his cries echoing through the sterile, silent space.

____

As the evening unfolded, Gia found herself in the quiet of the living room, papers scattered around her, finalizing plans for upcoming weddings. The television hummed with the evening news, casting a dim glow across the room. In the midst of her work, the door creaked open, and Gia's face lit up as she anticipated Jun's arrival. However, her joy turned to concern as she took in his disheveled appearance โ€“ a stark contrast to the usually cheerful man she knew.

Setting aside her work, Gia approached Jun, worry etched on her face. "Are you alright, baby?" she inquired, her hand reaching out as she noticed his red eyes and nose. Before she could touch him, a sudden report on the news caught their attention.

ย 

"Two people died from a sudden car crash near the XXXX area. The truck driver was influenced by alcohol. The people who died are mar-" The news anchor was about to reveal the names, but Jun abruptly turned off the television, his face contorted with emotion. He rose without a word, leaving Gia puzzled as he retreated to the guestroom.

Attempting to understand, Gia followed him, knocking gently on the door. When she heard stifled sobs from within, concern deep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter