One

Closely Far Away (Tomorrow)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany stirs as she hears her door creak but decides to pay no attention to the sound. After all, it was Sunday and she wanted to sleep in, following a tiring day of handling a photoshoot in the morning and an event in the evening before. Maybe she should just go back to being in front of these, not the one handling it. Both stressful, that’s for sure but, she misses the feeling of being the one being fawned over. Maybe?

She does her best to go back to her slumber until she feels the other side of her bed dip as someone tries to snuggle. 

“Mommy, please wake up now. I have something to tell you and it’s important.”

She hears her daughter plead as if she’s about to cry. Tiffany opens her eyes and immediately saw the girl’s eyes b with tears. She holds her daughter’s face and asks if something was wrong. The girl frowns more and now Tiffany is really worried. 

“Baby, I’m sorry. It’s okay, mommy’s here now. What happened?” Tiffany asks again, worry painted on her face. Contented with her mom’s reaction, Nabi bursts into one of her heartiest laughs in a while, leaving Tiffany dumbfounded.

“Yah! Hwang Nabi! Are you okay? Having fun teasing Mommy again?” After more hearty laughs, Nabi says, “Sorry, Omma. But you have to admit that I was good, right?” It was now Tiffany’s turn to laugh as Nabi followed suit, relieved that her mom didn’t get upset over the little prank she’s done for the nth time in a month.

Tiffany hugs her daughter tightly and says, “You really want to act, huh? My fault for accidentally making you hear that clip then.” 

A few months ago, a clip of her acting was randomly put into her algorithm as she was scrolling through Youtube. Her daughter accidentally saw it and asked why mom was crying but glammed up on that video. Tiffany lied and told her that it was just an old video of Mom trying things in the past. A few days later, another video popped up and it was when she first received an acting award. She decided to click on it, watching the clip for the first time in a long while.

13 years ago

“The Best New Actress for Film Award goes to… Hwang Tiffany for her role in the Muse of the Moon!”

Cheers of fans were heard in the hall. Her co-stars congratulated Tiffany – shaking her hands, hugging her, and patting her back lightly. She was still in disbelief as she walked to the stage and as she was handed the trophy. 

“Thank you for this unexpected yet very precious award. I also would like to thank the production team for giving me this opportunity. The role of a strong-female character like Ryeowon, who faced the world courageously with all her might, would not have been brought into life if it wasn’t for everyone behind this film. It was scary at first, since being felt different than TV, but everything worked out well in the end. I will always do my best and hardest to d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter