Chapter 6 - Things From The Past

True Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was early in the morning when the smell of coffee filled the room and woke Taeyeon up. She yawned before checking the clock beside her. 5.30 AM. This is the effect her father always gave her. Her father is rarely home and when he was, he was always there early in the morning preparing to leave for work, again. And the cycle repeats itself over and over again.

 

Taeyeon got up from her bed, fixing her messy bed hair before heading out to the dining room. There, she saw her dad sipping his coffee while going through his works. He doesn’t seem to notice that Taeyeon has walked in.

 

“Morning, Dad,” Taeyeon greeted her father as she walked toward the bathroom across the room, looking at her father.

 

“Morning, Taeyeon,” her father replied shortly without even bother to look up to see his daughter.

 

Taeyeon entered the bathroom and closed the door. She then leaned onto the bathroom’s door and heaved a sigh. It was always like that after her mother left them. Her father right now isn’t the father Taeyeon used to know. He has completely changed after her mother passed away. They barely talked and his smile was never shown after that incident. Did he ignore Taeyeon? No, he didn’t. It’s just that he didn’t seem to care anymore. To the point that Taeyeon actually thought that her father must’ve hated her because of the incident.

 

‘Stop Kim Taeyeon, stop,’ Taeyeon shook her head to shrug the bad thoughts off of her mind before it crept deeper and ended up ruining her day.

 

By the time Taeyeon was done with her stuffs in the bathroom, her father already left. Once again, without a word. And again, Taeyeon heaved a sigh. She wondered of how can she fix their relationship yet nothing came into her mind. She ended up preparing her breakfast which consists cereals and milk and ate them in silence.

 

The breakfast was finished quickly and Taeyeon let the time pass just like that. She just stared blankly into the spaces and this somehow calmed her in a way. It wasn’t until her phone rang that she finally came back to her senses.

 

She grabbed her phone carelessly and answered, “Hello?”

 

There was a moment of silence so Taeyeon repeated her word, “Hello??”

 

“Is this really Kim Taeyeon speaking?” answered the person from the other line.

 

Taeyeon frowned slightly before pulling her phone away to check who the caller was and found out that it was Tiffany.

 

“Oh, Miyoung-ah. What’s up?”

 

She heard a dramatic gasp from the other line. “I’m supposed to be the one asking you that. What’s with you? Where did you hide Taengoo the sleepyhead? Why are you up this early?”

 

‘Here comes the train of questions,’ Taeyeon thought as she rolled her eyes with a grin.

 

“Come on, drama queen. You knew I do wake up early on some special occasions,” Taeyeon answered as she chuckled.

 

“Ah,” Taeyeon could imagine Tiffany nodding her head on the other side. “Is ahjussi home?” Tiffany asked.

 

“Was. He is gone again for work,” Taeyeon answered with a hint of disappointment in her tone. “Anyway, what did you call me for this early?” She quickly changed the topic while glancing at the clock to prevent Tiffany from asking more.

 

“Oh, nevermind about that. I planned to wake you up as I always do but you’ve woke up so it’s pointless now,” answered Tiffany as she shrugged her shoulder.

 

“As always?” Taeyeon raised an eyebrow on the statement. “When did you always call me?”

 

“Geez, I know you’d say that. I called you this early everyday, missy. If only you woke up this earl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter