How it was before.

I'm here, that's all it matters.[ON HOLD]

 

“I’m home! Little Aeree’s home~ Luhannie oppa!” you yelled as you took off your shoes. You hopped around the house looking for that one guy. You looked into the kitchen and saw him cooking.

“Oppa! What are you cooking?” you crept up behind and shocked him. “HONG AEREE. Don’t scare me like that. Food, what else? I’m not Kyungsoo, but I still can cook. Go change and study. EOY tests are coming up, I don’t want to see a fail in that report. And how many times do I have to tell you, it’s gege not oppa,” Luhan nagged. You playfully saluted him and dashed upstairs.

You made a quick change of clothes and started studying. But as always, you zoned out ten minutes in. I really have to be thankful for the oppas- oops and geges for putting up with my mood swings before and after the incident. And also Abeonim for taking care of us till this day.

No one would ever think their kingkas were orphans. They thought that they were blood related in a way or another. And the house they live in, why was it so big? Let me tell you a story of these few kids.

“YEOL-AH! IN THREE SECONDS YOU DON’T GET HERE, I WILL GIVE YOUR TOYS TO BAEKHYUNNIE. “

“Jinju, I want that!” “NO! Get it from ahjumma!” “MEANIE”

“Xingxing, which one is the prettiest?”

This was how a playtime at Sunshine Orphanage was like. Screaming, yelling and laughter of little children could be heard from every corner; it will definitely brighten up your day. Right after playtime, there would be nap time. And every single one of them would snuggle up to each other and be in the cutest position yet.

“Aeree, wake up. It’s dinnertime soon. Go and wash up. Wake Yunwoo up, will ya?” the ahjumma shook you awake. You rubbed your eyes, still squinting from the light. You yawned a little before grabbing your teddy to your brother.

“Woo-Woo oppa. Woo-woo oppa, wake up. Jummama said dinner will be ready,” you woke him up calling him and ahjumma differently. You liked repeating words. Especially someone’s name.

“..muh. Go wake up the unnies. Oppa will wake up later,” he turned over and pulled the blanket over his head. You pouted and then kicked his before running out to the kitchen with the rest.

There weren’t many of you left as most have already been adopted or taken away by relatives. They were, whom you thought, the lucky ones. Only about twenty were left; you and Yunwoo, EXO and some girls.

Everyone crowded around the table fighting for seats and yelling. “I want to seat beside Kris!” “NO! TAO WANTS TO SEAT BESIDE KRIS.” “Zitao on the left, Yixing on the right. No more fighting,” the ahjumma finally stopped them.

That was their daily routine. “Sissy” or “childish” fights for everything and anything. But soon, only 15 of you were left. Your caretakers cared for the 15 of you like their own so before anyone could take anyone away, they legally adopted you. So from Jummama to Mama and from Jussi to Appa.

You went through so many happy moments with them. You thought that your past could be forgotten. But eversince Mama left the world when you were , everything went haywire. Appa became a workaholic to get her death out of his mind. Yunwoo oppa, Mama’s favourite and loved her like his own mum, became rebellious and involved himself in dangerous things just like your Dad used to be. You knew the change was expected. You didn’t expect it to be that bad. But he still was that caring brother he used to be.

You missed the old times. So much. Turning back in time and changing it was what you wanted to do the most. Tears welled up in your eyes as you remembered your bittersweet past.

“HONG AEREE! I CALLED YOU A MILLION TIMES ALREADY. ARE YOU SLEEPING?” Luhan came in, barging through the door. He panicked when he saw you wiping away your tears. In literal sense, he was pacing up and down with a hello kitty apron on and a spatula in his hand.

“Hehe, better help you in setting the table,” you lightly joked and ran downstairs. Your phone vibrated and Luhan took a peek at it. there were two messages, one from Myungsooooo and the other was an unknown number. It stated, “You can run, but you can never hide.”

 

REVEALED HER PAST. Okay where do I go from here? ^^ Annyeeong~ Till the next chapter <3