Chapter 2

World of Chances

 

My heart was thumping like crazy. I touched my chest as I watched him fading away.

“Jam” a hand touched my shoulder which brought me to senses.

It was Minam beaming at me while a vanilla flavoured ice cream.

“How long have you been standing there?” I panicked afraid if she saw me looking at that guy.

She shook her head like a child. “I just arrived.” she stretched her arm out to me. “Do you want to taste?”

I was engrossed and stepped back.

“Ani, thanks.”

“So should we go to Myeongdong today?” she asked.

“For what?”

“You told me last time that we’ll visit the newest bookstore right?”

“Oh” I slapped my forehead “I almost forgot about that, let’s go.”

I rode the bike while she walked. Myeongdong was just two streets away from here so we preferred not to ride the bus.

Though Minam was speaking on my side, my mind was flashing thinking of that peculiar guy. That was my first time seeing him and it felt like I wanted to see him again. I was an amateur in terms of these feelings and I didn’t know what to do.

“Jam, are you alright?”

“Huh?”

“I said if you’ve thought any other school for college.”

I faked a smile. “Ani, anyways college is still far and I would enjoy my summer first.”

Myeongdong was a noisy place, evening, girls and guys in our age were walking side by side. Children were laughing as they run after each other. Families of different kinds were enjoying their lives here.

The entrance of the bookstore was over decorated since this was their first day opening their shop. We entered and as usual Minam walked straight to the shelf where animes were displayed.

I went to the shelf where novels were found. Scanned each trying to find something that would interest me, but there was none. I only got disappointed and walked out. I grabbed my bike and was about to call for Minam when I heard a girl crying, I followed the sound. Then hid on the wall and was shocked with what I heard.

“Come’on girl, how many times do I have to tell you that you’re not my type? Even if you cry for a thousand times you won’t even be half of my ideal girl.”

I slowly sat down while trying to lengthen my neck to get a better view of these two people talking not until a cat surprisingly run from behind that made me shout.

I quickly covered my mouth and was frozen on my position.

“I’m dead” I murmured.

A tall shadow was approaching and my feet were glued on the ground. The shadow stopped so I gradually looked up but was shocked that a guy’s face was inches away from mine.