Juliette

Juliette

 

Your POV

You walk inside the class room and see no one has arrived yet. So you sit down at a desk and take out your iPod to wait for the rest of the play staff to arrive. Soon enough you dozed off in la-la land and then one earphone got pulled out of your ear. You turned to see who did it, and it was Jonghyun. He smiled at you as you started to back away from him and falling out of your chair.

“Hi Love!~”

You stared at him weirdly as he had this goofy grin on his face. Suddenly, you noticed Minho walking into the class and ran towards him. Minho notices you walking towards him and smiles, then notices Jonghyun behind him watching you two intensely as you stood by Minho. He glared at Jonghyun then looked back at you sweetly.

“Hey ___________. How are you today?”

“I’m good. Want to practice with me?”

“Sure.”

You and Minho head towards the back of the classroom together. Slowly, more people came into the room. Onew was sitting with Jonghyun and talking with him, but Key and Taemin came and sat with us. When the teacher arrived, you all turned your focus on him.

“Hello class! As you all know, the play is officially TOMORROW! So today, we’re going to do a one-round rehearsal, then you all can do whatever you wish, practice with each other, and whatever. So let’s head over to the auditorium.”

You all began to get up and head over to the auditorium. You and Minho walked together with Key and Taemin behind talking with each other about something that happened 3 days ago. Minho noticed your sad look on your face and grabbed your hand. You looked up at him, and he smiled at you.

“Don’t worry about Jonghyun. Just be happy I’m here for you.”

You nodded as he kept a hold of your hand and entered the auditorium. Onew and Jonghyun looked over at you, Jonghyun’s eyes lowering to you both holding hands walking in, then looked back to Onew. You felt depressed that he didn’t feel anything about you holding hands with another man. Why do you feel depressed about it? He hurt you…

Rehearsal went by normally, you felt awkward when you both had to be close or hug. Once it reached to the end of the play where, you and he had to do a stage kiss. You and Jonghyun looked at each other across the stage. He smiled at you, as you smiled back with a fake smile. You slowly walk over as he does the same. Once you both were in the center of the stage, Jonghyun stared into your eyes. All you saw was love and missing you in his eyes. Why? Didn’t he have Min Young?

He took one hand and brushed a strand of hair behind your ear as he leaned in closer and closer. Oh god what’s going on?! Everyone started applauding as you opened your eyes to see Jonghyun’s face only centimeters away, and his lips were one move away from kissing you. Your face turned red as you stared as you looked to see him staring straight at you very seriously.

Once he let go, he turned around and both of you bowed to the tech and wardrobe and make-up staff. Your face was still red because you thought Jonghyun was actually going to kiss you. No. You WANTED him to kiss you. That’s what made your face become red.

You quickly walked backstage and Jonghyun followed. He called your name a few times but you pretended not to hear him. He caught up and grabbed your arm and turned you to face him. You looked over at him with a hurt expression as he looked at you with the same expression. He looked down for a few seconds then looked back up at you.

“Please just listen to me”

“Why should I?”

“Because you know I love you.”

You stood there and stared at his face, knowing he wasn’t lying but…you just couldn’t believe it still. You heard the door open and saw Onew and Minho standing there looking at you both. Jonghyun quickly let go of your arm and raised his hands up.

“I’m walking away!” He started walking the other way as Onew looked over at Minho then followed Jonghyun. You walked over to Minho while looking down as he wraps his arm around your shoulders. Your heart ached as you looked back over your shoulder to stare at Jonghyun’s backside until he disappeared.

You and Minho were at the park joking around and practicing your lines for the play tomorrow. Eventually, you both stopped and Minho went to go get coffee from a vending machine. When he came back, you smiled at him as he sat next to you underneath the tree and handed you your coffee. You open and take a sip while Minho stares at the side of your face. Feeling his stare, you turn your head to look at him.

“Why are you staring at me like that?”

He smiled as he kept staring.

“I’m just looking at the most beautiful woman I’ve ever met.”

You looked down feeling embarrassed from his words, then looked back at him. His face seemed so serious as he stared at you. Suddenly her started to lean in closer, and raising his right hand to cup the side of your face, but you leaned away from him. He got surprised from your action and leaned back feeling embarrassed.

“Why…did you lean away?”

You looked at him as you looked down at your coffee can, tapping at the top with your thumbs.

“I…just don’t feel anything for you Minho…”

He turned his head to you and stared at you with wide eyes. He shifted his whole body towards you.

“What does that mean?”

“I…just don’t like you like that Minho.”

“Then why did you let me kiss you that day?!”

You turned your head and gave him a mean glare.

“You’re the one who kissed me first! Holding my face and all.”

“You didn’t push me away!”

“What was I suppose to do?! I was an emotional wreck!”

He stood up and you followed.

“You know how I feel. How can you hurt me like this? Why are you doing this to me?”

You recognized those words as suddenly you had an illusion of Jonghyun next to Minho, saying the same exact words.

“Why are you doing this to me?”

You slapped Minho on the face. He stayed frozen for a few seconds then turned his head while holding his cheek looking at you with a shocked face. You were crying again at this point.

“You’re just like him. I thought I could trust you Minho, but you’re just like him.”

Before he could stop you, you started running away. You kept running without looking back and eventually you made it to Key’s house. You rang the door bell, and Key opened the door to see your hair messed up, and tears running down your face.

“___________-ah?! What’s wrong?!”

You stared at Key as your face went from calm to almost in tears then sobbing. You jumped into his chest as he placed his hands on your shoulders. He awkwardly looked to the side with his face a little pink then looked back at you.

“Okay, come on in. Taemin’s in the living room too. Just saying.”

You walked in to Key’s house as Key kept his arm around your shoulders. You both enter the living room as Taemin was sitting on the floor. He looks over at you and sees your facial expression.

“What’s wrong noona?”

You looked at Taemin as you sit down on the couch. He leans in closer to your lap and rests his chin on your knee. You smile as you ruffle his hair. Key sits next to you as he put his arm around your shoulders again.

“Tell us what happened. We’re here for you, _________-ah.”

After a few minutes of playing with Taemin’s hair, you eventually calmed down. Key and Taemin smiled seeing you’ve relaxed and Taemin stood up. You looked at him as he looked at you.

“Usually, you tell things to Key so I want you to feel comfortable while you tell him what happened.”

You shook your head.

“It’s fine, you can listen.”

Taemin stared at you for a second, then sat back down. You took a deep breath as you got every bad thought out of your head. You began to tell what happened.

“Okay…well you all already know that me and Jonghyun broke up…well, after rehearsal, me and Minho went to go practice together. After we finished practicing, he went and got me coffee. When he came back, he sat next to me…and next thing you know, he tried to kiss me. I avoided his kiss, Minho got mad…and well, he said something that reminded me of Jonghyun…and I felt hurt. And now I’m here…”

You were in tears again as Key grabbed your head and moved it to where your head was resting on his shoulder. You weren’t crying or anything, but tears were just falling out of your eyes. Taemin just sat there playing with your knee since he didn’t know what to say. Key sighed as he rested his arm on your shoulders again.

“You have too many boy problems.”

Taemin had a shocked face from what he said to you, but you laughed and sat up straight.

“Yah Key, you’re so mean!”

“But that’s why you love me!”

Key pulled out an aegyo as you kept laughing again, Taemin finally figured out this was just to cheer you up, and it always worked. For the rest of the day, you Taemin and Key were joking around having fun until it became dark. You noticed the time and stood up. Key grabbed your arm and stopped you.

“You can sleep over for the night. Let’s have friendship time. We haven’t done that in a while.”

You smiled as you saw his smile. You texted your parents saying that you would be sleeping over at Key’s house. They weren’t worried since they got the impression Key was gay so he wouldn’t make a move on you (which he’s not but you’re too good of friends to do that kind of thing). When you walked over to Key and Taemin, they were smiling at you as they already had 2 bowls of popcorn and a movie DVD ready to play. You smiled as you jumped onto the couch and got comfortable to watch the movie.

Later that night, you all decided it was time to sleep, so Key brought you to the guest bedroom that had a double size bed, and a balcony. You weren’t surprised since Key was rich and his parents let him stay in his own house. Taemin basically is a roommate with Key, so they went off to their rooms to sleep.

You closed the door to your room and stood there for a moment, and then you walked outside the balcony and leaned against the railing as you breathed in the night air. Suddenly you heard rustling and saw Jonghyun. At first you thought you were hallucinating, but then he looked at you and waved.

“Hey Juliette!”

--

Jonghyun's POV

I was walking away towards the other backstage exit as I heard Onew following behind. Once we both were outside, I leaned against a wall as Onew leaned against the wall across. I sighed as I started thinking about __________.

“So, have you figured out what you’re going to do?”

I looked at Onew as he took out some snacks he had in his book bag and started eating.

“Not yet…let’s go out now since final rehearsals are over.”

He nodded as he shoved his food back into his book bag and we both walked out of school towards his car.

Later that day, Onew dropped me off at home and I was laying on my bed. I kept having thoughts about ___________ and her sad expression…then Minho kissing her. I quickly jumped up feeling frustrated, I decided to go out and take a walk.

I ended up walking farther than I thought and ended up at a park. As I kept walking, I suddenly noticed __________-ah under a tree. I thought about walking up to her until I saw Minho walking up to her and giving her coffee. I scoffed at those two as I watched them smiling all happily. Was she with him now? Is she really happier with him?

I noticed him leaning in about to kiss, but she leaned away. I didn’t know what they were saying but suddenly, she smacked Minho and ran off. I looked at Minho as he stood there with a really shocked face. Since he wasn’t going to go after her, I will.

I ran as fast as I could until I finally saw her, I kept following her until she stopped at Key’s house. I stood behind a light post as I watched what was going on and then they both went inside. I sighed as I thought that she would be fine, but suddenly I was forcedly turned by, none other than, Minho. He gave me a dirty look as if he was about to hit me.

“Why are you here?”

I chuckled as he gave me a dirty look.

“Just checking on why she was crying. I can still see the red mark on your cheek.”

Minho gave me a er punch as he gave me a dirty look.

“You saw us at the park?!”

“I was just walking by! I just happened to see you guys when I was walking.”

He grabbed my collar and slammed me against a wall. Ugh. That hurt. Then he gave me one more punch.

“Don’t even go near her again.”

“I don’t think you should either, if she ran away crying from you.”

I slapped his hands away and walked off. Before I was out of sight, I looked back to see Minho looking at the house then cursing to himself and kicking a light post out of anger then walking away. Ha. He deserves it for trying to take my girl away. When I noticed a balcony on the side of his house, I had an idea, and hoped that ___________ would be in that room.

Later that night, I sneaked out of my house and ran over to Key’s. All the lights were just turning off as I got there. I waited behind the fence until I saw ___________-ah walk out on the balcony. I hopped over the fence into a bush and walked out with leaves all over me. I brushed them off, and then looked up to see ___________-ah with a shocked face. I smiled and waved at her.

“Hey Juliette!”

She gave me a “wth” look as she looked behind her than leaned closer to the railing.

“What are you doing here? It’s late at night! Go home!”

I frowned from her words as I stood there.

“I just wanted to talk to you!”

“Can we do it tomorrow?!”

“No! I want to do it now!”

She groaned as she walked around in two circles on the balcony. I chuckled to myself thinking how cute she was when she’s frustrated. Then she leaned back on the railing and looked at me.

“Okay what do you want to talk about?”

“I want to explain everything to you! I don’t want any misunderstandings, so let me explain everything okay?”

I stared at her as she gave me an unsure face. She then started to think about it, then nodded at me. I smiled as I took a deep breath and began to explain everything to her.

“Okay, so Min Young is my friend since we were children. She moved into the neighborhood, and was a sick child. Because she was a sick child, my mom wanted me to play with her and be her friend. So I did.”

She nodded as she leaned closer to the railing.

“And recently, Min Young has been getting sick again. So I have been put in charge of taking care of her until she gets better. So that’s why I always text her, and her intruding our dates, I don’t know why she does it. Just understand that I only focused on her because she is ill. And I care about her. But I care about you…me…us…way more…I love you.”

I stared at her as she stared back at me. Suddenly, I noticed her arm slip off the balcony railing as she slowly started falling over. Everything suddenly went in slow motion, while I was in normal speed. I ran towards her so quick as I caught her, but we both fell.

I had an intense headache as I opened my eyes to see __________ lying on top of me holding her head too. Then we both made eye contact and stared at each other for a while. Without thinking, I slowly leaned closer as my left hand was touching her face. But I came back to reality and retreated from my actions.

“Hahaha…uh…well…”

. I shouldn’t have retreated!! She slowly got off me as I slowly stood up. We both stood there in front of each other, glancing at each other once in a while. Eventually I decided to say my goodbye and leave, until she kissed me on the cheek. I look at her with wide eyes, and probably a pink face, as she fidgeted in front of me feeling awkward. I smiled as I leaned in next to her face and whispered.

“Goodnight. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Then gave a quick kiss on the cheek as I walked over to the fence to hop over it, and walked home with a big grin on my face.

Your POV

You were running around as everyone else in the staff was. It was already after school as you were running around with other people getting prepared for the play. As you were carrying a box of clothes, you bumped into Jonghyun who was carrying a box full of papers. You stared at each other for a while until Jonghyun smiled at you and started running off.

“Keep running! I’ll talk to you later!”

You looked back at his backside as he ran down the hallway, smiling as you knew everything has become fixed. What bothered you a little was whether you two were back together or not. He stopped before he kissed you last night in Key’s backyard, why? Maybe he was thinking the same thing too? Oh well. You ran off down the hallway and kicked open the classroom door where all the girls were getting dressed up.

Eventually, you girls were all getting ready for the play; make-up, clothes, accessories, practicing lines. It was hectic. You look over your shoulder from one girl tapping your shoulder.

“Minho wants to see you.”

“Tell him I’ll be out in a minute.”

She nodded as she walked towards the door to tell Minho. You finish the rest of your make-up and walk towards the door. When you walked out, Minho was eye-ing you while his face was turning pink. You were wearing a black business mini dress that is not too short, but small enough.

“Wow. Uh,”

“What did you want to say?”

He coughed awkwardly as he took a few steps back. Then he did a 90 degree bow to you which gave you a shock.

“I’m sorry for acting the way I did! I can understand why you’re mad, but please keep being my friend!”

You smiled as he held his 90 degree bow. You ruffle his hair a little as he looks up at you, and then stands up straight.

“It’s fine Minho. You’re still my friend. I’m sorry for hurting you like that. But I really can’t think of you as more than a friend. I’m sorry.”

You bowed to him as he stared at you. When you stood up straight, you wrapped your arms around Minho’s waist as he wrapped his arms around your shoulders as you both forgave each other. You both let go as Minho smiles at you.

“Well, I’m off to help a little more for the next 30 minutes left before the play. I’ll see you later __________-ah.”

He ran off down the hallway as you smiled watching his backside, then returning back inside the room.

Few minutes later, the teacher gathered us all in the chorus room for a small staff meeting. You sat down on the bleachers while using your coat to cover your legs so no one could see underneath your mini dress. Jonghyun walked into the room and looked over at you with a smile. You smiled back as he walked over and sat next to you. Taemin and Key on the other side of you stared at you with a “wtf” face, as Key lipped to you “You need to inform me on everything.” Then the teacher started clapping really loudly catching everyone’s attention.

“Alright class! It’s now officially time to start the musical! Let’s remember to do our best and have fun out there! Don’t feel nervous, because I have faith in all of you. Add some ad-libs if you forget your lines. Now!”

The teacher clapped once more again as he turned towards the door.

“It’s showtime!”