Slipping away.......

Love Game

Somin stepped out of her shower to find her phone ringing. She picked it up to find it was Hyunjoong

“Yabuseyo” she said softly

“Hey..love” Hyunjoong’s tired voice came from the other side. “Reached home?”

“Hmm”

“You sound upset.” Hyunjoong,though tired, immediately sensed the sadness in her voice “Everything okay?” he asked,concerned. Somin kept quiet. “Did you talk to Jihoo?”

At the mention of Jihoo’s name, Somin just couldn’t hold herself together anymore. Tears streamed down her face and she starts sobbing. Hyunjoong’s heart aches as he hears her crying—he cant bear it. Their souls seem to be connected,whenever any of them feels happy it brings a smile on the other’s face automatically and similarly when one is in pain the other feels it too. He needs to be with her, to ease her pain. He quickly got out of the studio and got into his car. He signalled his driver to take him to Somin’s place. All this while he never hung up,he just kept on whispering consoling words to Somin over the phone. Soon enough he reached her place, still with her on the phone he rang the doorbell. Granny opened the door and led him to her room. Somin stood still as she saw him standing at her door. Granny didn’t hear her crying but when she saw her she immediately understood. She pressed Hyunjoong’s shoulder assuringly and left them. Hyunjoong entered her room and closed the door.

When he turned to face her again, Somin’s emotion oozed out uncontrollably as she ran into his chest. She couldn’t describe how happy she was to have him with her. Hyunjoong wrapped his arms around her and patted her head as she kept crying. He led her to the bed and made her sit on it. Somin clung to his shirt and told her the entire story of what happened with Jihoo. Hyunjoong felt very bad for her. He knew the pain Somin was going through. He faced the same situation with Haera but thankfully Haera found her soulmate in Junjin and he was let off the hook. But Somin wasn’t that lucky. Hyunjoong knew how difficult it is for Jihoo,how much he is suffering. Evenso, he couldn’t help but feel a tinge of disgust towards Jihoo for making Somin suffer like this. He closed his eyes and prayed everything gets sorted soon.

When finally Somin fell asleep from al the crying,Hyunjoong carefully laid her down on the bed and pulled over the quilt. He took her hand in his and caressed her tear stained cheeks as a tear escaped from his eye as well.

“Hyunjoong…”

Hyunjoong turned around to find Granny peeking at them. He nodded and got up to leave. But even in her sleep, Somin didn’t leave her hand and moaned when Hyunjoong tried to free his hand. He bent down to wake her when Granny whispered “Can you stay with her tonight?”

Hyunjoong didn’t want to leave Somin,specially in this situation so he nodded. Granny mouthed ‘thank you’ and left closing the door silently. Hyunjoong sat on the bed beside her and caressing her hair,fell asleep.

------------------------------------------  

“Thank you!” Youngsaeng cried over the ecstatic screams of the fans. The crowd simply went mad when he performed the medley. The fans were chanting the old SS501 chants,some even started crying. Youngsaeng was touched by the response. They missed SS501. The members,themselves, longed to be together again—practising together,doing vocal sessions together,eating out together. But the fans longing seemed to outpace theirs. He remembered the time when Hyunjoong decided to leave DSP.

 

*FLASHBACK*

The door of the rehersal room suddenly flung open. Youngsaeng,Kyu,Hyungjun,Jungmin turned to find Hyunjoong standing silently at the door—completely expressionless. Youngsaeng immediately sensed something horribly bad has happened.

“Hyung you’re late” Hyungjun complained and started to approach their leader.

“I am leaving” Hyunjoong said

“Leaving? But you just came in—“ Hyunjun said cluelessly

“I am leaving DSP Jun” Hyunjoong sighed calmly

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Youngsaeng shivered at the fearful memory. Even today the memory of that horrific day sends goosebumps all over his body. He tried to recollecting some bright memory to recover and that’s when he remembered the person who helped him stand on his feet when he felt everything was lost—Hwangbo.

*FLASHBACK*

It was their first TV appearance after they joined B2M, both Kyu and Youngsaeng were nervous. They were afraid they’ll be asked question about SS501…will they be able to answer them correctly? How will they answer the questions when they are themselves not sure about their future? Many such questions were swirling in Youngsaeng’s head when suddenly he heard a familiar voice. He looked up and turned to the source of the sound. It was then that he saw her. It’s been months,years probably, since he last saw Hwangbo. She looked more beautiful and though she wore a military styled jacket she looked more feminine than any other woman on the show. Gracefully walking over to her seat while greeting the other guests, Hwangbo’s eyes suddenly fell on Youngsaeng.  Youngsaeng watched her stop in her tracks momentarily,but she quickly recovered and waved at them—seems she was also unaware of their appearance just like them.

The show’s recording went smoothly much to Youngsaeng’s relief. They were walking out of the studio when he heard someone calling out his name. He turned to find Hwangbo running up to them.

“I heard about the breakup” she said panting,when she reached them.

“WE DIDN’T BREAKUP!” Youngsaeng blurted out. Hwangbo was taken aback, even Youngsaeng himself was surprised at the aggressiveness in his voice.”Mianhe” he whispered with his eyes closed and ran off to the car.

Youngsaeng laid awake on his bed. This has been a routine since Hyunjoong left,the group’s uncertain future haunted him every night. Suddenly his phone rang. He got up and looked at it—it was from an unknown number. He thought he’d ignore it but the persistant ringing urged him to pick it up

“Yabuseyo?”

“De…yabuseyo…it’s Hwangbo.”.Youngsaeng’s heart suddenly stopped hearing her voice. “were you sleeping?”

“Ani…” he said as he sat up on his bed

“I am sorry for my inconsiderate behavior today…I shouldn’t have said it like that” Hwangbo apologized

“It’s fine…and anyways everyone thinks the same way…” Youngsaeng sighed and before he knew it he was pouring out his heart to Hwangbo. They talked till almost six in the morning and all along Hwangbo had been attentive and giving him consolation and advise. It was only when Kyu entered his room to wake him that he realized that it was morning. He finally hung up and after many months of torment his heart finally felt at ease.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Youngsaeng thought of Hwangbo…honestly if it wasn’t for her, he didn’t know what would have happened. Would he have ever be able to come out of the depression? Youngsaeng felt highly indebted to her. No wonder he fell in love with her—she was his courage.

He took one final glance at the departing audience before he went into his dressing room. Inside the dressing room he took out his cell and called up Hwangbo

“Hi” Hwangbo said

“The fans loved it! Oh how I wish you could be here to witness all that happened this evening. The fans were crying,chanting. I’m so happy. They still have SS501 in their heart and I can just imagine how happy they would be when we have our comeback!” Youngsaeng exclaimed

“I am glad” Hwangbo said softly.

“it’s all been possible because of you. Thank you. I am indebted to you.” Youngsane whispered. He heard honking noise in the background “are you out?” he asked

“Ah…ummm…de. Have a shoot.” Hwangbo said

“This late?”

“Ah…what to do? Work calls”

“Okay…I gotta go now. Take care…and I love you”

“Hmm”

Youngsaeng wanted her to say the three words too but he knew she wasn’t very expressive so he let it go “Bye” he said and hung up

Hwangbo looked at the ‘call ended’ message on her phone when the cab driver called  out to her. “Where to miss?”

“incheon Airport” Hwangbo said