Wavering Feelings

His Crimson Eyes

Never have I been told by a really handsome guy to be with him forever. Not to mention he's a hottie.

I woke up on my bed, in my bedroom. How did I get home? I don't know.

I went to school like nothing ever happened. I took a step back when Hara approached me. I know, it was a bad idea. But thankfully, she's really dense and didn't think bad of what I just did.

"Yah~ Haneul, where did you go this weekend? I wanted to show you around." she asked and slipped her arm in mine. She was smiling.

I didn't understand.

"Sorry Hara, I was practically knocked out the whole weekend." I told her. Which was true.

Mika never really explained to me what he did to her. And I can't see any bite mark. Does Mika do this to her all the time? Or to any other girls?

But why is my heart beating so fast? This is crazy. I shook off the thought from my head. But then, someone is laughing in my head. And I know that laugh from anywhere.

What do you want? I asked. But no response.

"Hara! Why are you always so clingy?" Nikki came up from behind us. Several guys' eyes were on her. More like looking at her body.

"Hey Nikki... uhh, do you really have to wear such revealing clothes?" I asked.

She rolled her eyes. "It's hot outside."

I nodded. "Okay. I'm going to class now. See you later."

She dropped us off in my classroom. "I'll see you later at lunch Nikki!" Hara exclaimed.

I met Mika's gaze. But I quickly turned away and quietly sat on my chair. I yawned. And put my head down. I felt my eyes slowly close.

And I don't remember anything after that. I woke up in the infirmary, Jihwan was talking to the silent Karam.

"Hyung, she's awake." I heard Injun say to Mika.

"What's happening? I always feel so sleepy." I said, rubbing my head.

Mika was sitting on the side of the bed and he took my hand. "Something's wrong."

"Uhh... I know that."

"No. Something is definitely wrong. When I transferred to you my energy, it was supposed to give you strength and protect you."

"Something is in the school." Karam said. A lollipop in his hand.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

This time, it was Injun who replied. "Something unnatural is in the school and we don't know it yet. It's really good in hiding. But we know that it's hungry. It has been slowly taking out the students' life force."

Our conversation still hasn't registered in my mind. "It?"

"Yes. an it. It's a thing. It's something..."

"Like your kind?" I cut him off.

I swear, when I looked at Mika, his eye color changed. But he looked down and looked back up at me again. It was normal.

"Sky, whatever's out there is no match against us, against me. I'm the most powerful thing you'll ever know. Don't go comparing me to that lowly creature." Mika walked out of the infirmary. Jihwan leaned in closer and whispered in my ear.

"Don't mind him, Sky. He was really worried about you. When he noticed that you were literally not breathing in the middle of the class..."

"He panicked." Injun finished for my brother. "He told us to meet him here. He really has taken a liking to you."

I sighed. "I guess I have to say sorry..." Now I felt bad. I never really knew what was going on.

I got off the bed and walked out the infirmary. For some reason, I know where he was. He was sipping something, and sat on the stairs.

"What are you drinking?" I quietly asked.

He didn't look at me, instead, he turned away and then threw the bottle in the can. "Nothing."

"Aww... come on, Mika. I'm sorry if I said something to you..." I told him sincerely.

I sat beside him. Our legs and shoulders touched. But he was still silent.

"So, uhh. I'm not getting any responses. Might as well go." I talked to myself. Surely he heard me. I stood up and started walking up.

The next thing I know, I was leaning on the wall. Mika's hand was just above my shoulder. "Haneul, you don't know what I've been to, or what I am. You should at least learn how to appreciate someone who actually wants to help you."

"I did! Mika! gosh... it just came out wrong. You know me, or probably not, but I am very sarcastic. I'm really sorry." I was afraid.

He was definitely angry. I closed my eyes, afraid of what he might do, but when I opened them again, I saw the familiar flame, but this time, it was enveloping Mika. And it was such a powerful flame.

It was frightening. I didn't even notice the tears which started strolling down my cheeks.

Mika must have felt what I was feeling. He quickly pulled me into a hug. "No. I'm sorry. And I never really explained everything to you clearly. I'm sorry, love."

"Mika, what if I decided not to be with you forever? Are you gonna the life out of me?" I whispered.

He tightened his hug. "No, I won't make that happen. I know that we are meant to be."

"How would you know that? I never knew you existed until I came back." I mainted the tone of my voice.

"No, I've known you way before that..."

I didn't bother answering him. So, it really was him, back then. "But then... Mika, tell me, why did I see you and my best friend that night?"

"I can't explain it to you now. But I tell you, there's nothing going on with Hara and I. I promise you."

I can't believe I actually believed him. I guess I just have to wait for him to explain it to me.

After that long hug, we just disappeared from the school. Well, not really. Guess what, they are all in the student council. Is that why they're really famous? And Mika's the student council president. Wow. That was probably why the girl's reaction earlier, when she saw what Mika and I were doing.

"That explains it..." I murmured. But they heard me, as usual.

"That explains what?" Karam asked.

I shrugged and pointed at everything. I don't even know if he understood me.

"Haneul, you want to know why my brother did that to Hara?" Injun asked.

I nodded. He looked at Mika and waited for his command to start telling me 'everything'.

"What do you know about vampires?" he asked again.

It took me a while to answer him. "Uhh... they're not mortals? and they need blood in order to survive."

"Correct." he said. "But we don't kill humans. We're only out their energy, not their life force. And yes, we bite them, and that explains the blood. We don't bite the vital parts."

"Noona, for some unknown reason, the girls they bite actually feels refreshed, like they're feeling great. After they're bitten, and their energy is taken, they go in sleeping mode. And the next day, it looks like nothing ever happened. But they will look different." Jihwan finished.

There must be something wrong with my brain because I didn't understand anything they just said.

"Does that mean, you just pick up girls randomly?" I looked at Mika. And from the looks in his eyes, he knows what I'm talking about.

"No. We choose people that do not believe in us. So, it's easier for us to erase their memories." Karam said.

It got me thinking. How was my brother involved in them. "But, what about my brother?"

Karam looked at me apologetically. "That... was my sister's fault. She didn't know anything about him, and so she did it. But then, the next morning, Jihwan didn't forget anything. He knew that we were vampires."

I'll explain everything to you later, I promise. Mika said in my head.

"And that's it. We don't really put those girls' life in danger." Injun winked at me.

I didn't like his reply. Does that mean they always play with girls?

"So, what did Niki mean about Hara being bewitched?" I asked.

"Haneul, remember what we told you. We choose girls that are normal. Hara is normal, but Niki isn't. She's someone in this town. She's a priestess."

"What? Niki? A priestess? That is not possible!" I exclaimed. "Well, I always know that her family lives in the temple. But I never thought that she'll become one."

I slumped on the cusion.

"She doesn't know about us, but she knows that supernatural phenomenons are happening in this town. But we have to be very careful." Injun said.

I looked at Mika. He gave his infamous smirk. I rolled my eyes.

Just then, I felt this unusual presence. It wasn't as terrifying as Mika's, but it was strong. I was seeing the flames again. I didn't panic. Injun's flame was red, but not as large as his brother's. Karam's was orange. I looked at my brother and saw the same blue flame as mine. He noticed my gaze, and he smiled sweetly at me.

"Mika, I can feel something. And it's strong." I said.

He stood up and looked at me. "I know... but I'm stronger." he said, still wearing the smirk on his face.

A few seconds later, I heard several screams from around the school.

---