Chapter 3

The Unpredictable, Confusing, Wonderful Rollercoaster of LOVE

Text in Black is in English, Text in Blue is in Korean, Text in Red is in Chinese

Ryeowook

Why does Henry know so many cute girls?

His cousin and her friend are really pretty, it’s as if they popped out of a fairytale.

Kay has shiny, silky black hair and large brown eyes that sparkle with life when she laughs. She reminds me of a pixie with her slender waist and sparkly smile.

Soovan- I mean, Siobhan has pale, almost albino skin and sharp canines that make her look a bit like a vampire. But a very pretty one!

Her eyes are a little weird, they are the color of honey and they glitter in the light like gold.

Hmm, that might not be a bad song idea I should tell Teukie.

Pixie girls with eyes of honey and glitt-.

Ryeowook ssi, are you okay? You’ve been awfully quite,” Siobhan asked , her honey gold eyes connecting to mine.

I met the vampire-like girl’s eyes and smiled sheepishly.

I was thinking about fairies and honey,” I whispered in Chinese, too shy to tell her in a language she knows.

What fairies and honey?!” Henry laughed. “Really hyung?!”  Shoot! I forgot Henry was in the car.

My face was hot with embarrassment and I hide behind my hands as Henry bent over in a fit of laughter. Darn you Maknae!

I felt someone take my hands away from my face and saw Kay and Shay smiling at me sweetly.

That’s cute Ryeowook ssi. Did you know that honey is said to attract fairies?” Kay said with a cute smile on her pink lips.

I blinked in surprise and rested my hands in my lap.

R-really?” I stammered.

Kay nodded and hooked her thumb over her shoulder at Siobhan.

Just ask her, she’s a Leprechaun*,” she said before both girls fell into laughter and so did I.

These two are so funny and sweet, as sweet as honey. It’s been ten minutes and it feels like I’ve known them longer than that.

Umm, Siobhan ssi? Kay ssi?”

Yes Ryeowook sii?” They answered simultaneously.

Can you guys call me oppa? It feels weird to hear you guys call me Ryeowook ssi,” I said shyly, blushing as I spoke.

Siobhan smiled and pinched my cheek lightly.

Of course Ryeowook oppa,” she agreed with a toothy smile.

Kay wrapped her arms around my shoulders and gave me an awkward, but warm hug.

I had a good feeling that we were all going to get along just fine.

Hey guys we’re here,” Henry said as Junghoon hyung pulled into the garage of the dorms.

 

Siobhan

Wow! The dorm garage was enormous!! There were so many cars of all different brands. Nisan, Honda, Audi, BMW; I even found a Volkswagen, Beetle! My dream car!

I was snapped back into reality when Kay punched my arm.

“Ouch!” I yelped and rubbed my arm, flashing Kay a “what-the-heck?” look.

“Punch Buggie, no punch backs,” she replied innocently and gestured to the Volkswagen I was admiring moments before.

Note to self: Punch Kay at the next Volkswagen.

Junghoon, Henry, and Ryeowook took our bags and hauled them to the elevator.

“What did you pack in here, rocks?” Henry complained as he lugged my suitcase.

“Nope, cinder blocks,” I teased and Ryeowook laughed.

Henry rolled his eyes and grunted as he heaved my suitcase into the elevator.

You need to work out more Henry ssi,” said a voice behind us. I turned around to see a smiling Leeteuk. I felt my heart race in the presence of Super Junior’s leader. His smile is so cute.

Hey, Teukie hyung!” Ryeowook squeaked from the back of the elevator.

Hey Wookie ah. Do you have room for one more?” Leeteuk asked, noting the space our bags took up in the elevator.

I think so,” Junghoon replied as we made room for Leeteuk. Leeteuk smiled and stepped into the crowded elevator.

My face ended up being pressed against his back, and I blushed as I inhaled his scent. Leeteuk smelled faintly of cologne and men’s body wash.

The 8th floor Jungsu,” Junghoon said as Leeteuk reached toward to buttons on the wall. Leeteuk pressed the number 8 and the elevator closed.

Why the eighth floor?” He asked.

That’s where my cousin and her friend are going to be staying.” Henry piped up.

Oh, yeah. Where are they anyway?” Leeteuk was oblivious to my face in his back.

We’re right here,” Kay spoke up and Leeteuk jumped in surprise.

Oh, I didn’t see you there!” He laughed and apologized for invading my personal space. I told him it was alright and that it was nice to meet him. Henry formally introduced us to Leeteuk and we soon arrived at the eighth floor.

Junghoon led us to our dorm and fished a couple of card keys out of his pocket.

These are the keys to your dorm, please don’t lose them,” He said as he used one of them to open the dorm before handing them to us.

As soon as we walked in, Henry dropped my bag on the floor with a loud bang.

Yah, that thing is heavy!” He cried out and massaged his arms.

Leeteuk lifted my bag off the floor, feeling the weight of it before setting it back on the hardwood floor.

You definitely need to work out more Henry ssi,” he said in a low voice, and we all burst out laughing.

Ryeowook and Junghoon was gentleman enough to help myself and Kay our bags to our room.

I hope we get to hang out a lot while you’re here,” Ryeowook said putting an arm around each of us.

I took his hand and squeezed it, smiling at him.

Same here oppa,” I said as Leeteuk poked his head in our room.

Oppa? Why are you calling him oppa and not me?” He said with a cute pout, pretending to feel hurt.

We laughed at Leeteuk and gave him a big hug.

Are you jealous? Do want us to call you oppa?” Kay said looking up at Leeteuk with her big eyes.

Leeteuk laughed and nodded his head, flustered from all of the attention he was receiving.

Okay then, Jungsu oppa.” I said and lightly tapped the tip of his nose with my finger.

Hey, what about me?” Ryeowook whined, feeling neglected. Kay released one of her arms and held it out to Ryeowook. Ryeowook smiled and walked into the hug, wrapping an arm around me. I rested my head on Leeteuk’s shoulder.

It was so great that Ryeowook and Leeteuk were so relaxed and casual with us. It was as if we were their friends as opposed to being their fans. I prayed that the others would be the same way.

Geez, I leave you guys for five minutes and you’re already PDAing?” A familiar voice teased. I lifted my head and stuck my tongue out at Henry.

“You want some?” I offered him an arm. Henry smiled and pranced (yes, pranced) over and joined our “PDA”.

Okay guys, we should let the girls get settled in so we should head upstairs and let the others know they are here.” Junghoon said as he walked into the room. The boys released us from the group hug.

Wow, you girls have quite the knack for making friends,” Junghoon commented as he gave us the boy’s room number on the ninth floor.

Once you guys are settled in you can come upstairs any time. The security guards here already know who you are so they won’t try to stop you if they see you. If you need to go anywhere, try to use the back entrance or the garage door.” There was no need for him to explain why. Kay and I were already aware that it might cause a scandal if we leave the dorms by ourselves. The last thing we wanted was to cause trouble for SM Ent.

Junghoon gave us his number if we needed anything and he left with the boys. 

                                                                 ~~~~~~~~~

Kay bounced with excitement as we walked down the hallway. I tried to keep myself composed, but I could not stop the rapid beating of my heart.

Who wouldn’t be nervous if they were going to meet one of their favorite bands at their dorm?

“Do you think Eunhae will tackle us?” Kay asked, as we stopped in front of Super Junior’s dorm.

“I have no doubt in my mind that we will be floored by them,” I said as I reached for the door bell. I pressed the little button and a chiming sound could be heard inside the dorm.

Shortly after, the door opened and we were greeted by a very happy looking Ryeowook.

Hi girls!” He said happily and hugged us (Yay, more hugs!).

Hi, Ryeowook oppa,” We managed to say in the tight hug.

Ryeowook released us, grabbed our hands and without another moments’ warning, pulled us into the dorm.

Guys, they’re here!” Ryeowook yelled as we enter what I assumed to be the living room. Out of the blue, Donghae and Eunhyuk stampeded into the room and knocked over Ryeowook onto the couch.

I was scooped in Donghae’s arms and Eunhyuk nearly broke Kay in half. Donghae is seriously strong, it’s scary!  I was lifted off the ground, my ribs digging into Donghae’s shoulder and my face buried in his silky dark brown hair.

“Hello, nice to meet you!” Donghae yelled in my ear as I was cradled against his body.

Kay was in a similar situation as me. As sweet as this was, I didn’t really like being crushed.

It’s nice to meet you to Donghae ssi,” I squeaked in his grasp.

Yah! Donghae ah, Eunhyuk ah, don’t break them!” I heard a gruff, irritated voice yell at the hyper active men.

Immediately, Donghae and Eunhyuk set us down and tried to fix our clothes and hair. I glanced up and saw Kangin standing in the door frame of the dorm hall.

“Sorry, we are very excited to meet you,” Donghae apologized in imperfect and accented English.

No no, it’s okay Donghae ssi,” I said reassuringly. Donghae smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of his neck.

Eunhyuk was still trying to fix Kay’s hair, which her necklace got tangled in.

It’s okay Eunhyuk ssi, I’ve got this handled.” She said as she untangled her necklace from her hair.

“You sure? You no need help?” Eunhyuk asked as he reached for the clasp of her necklace.

Yah, she has it covered Eunhyukkie ah, stop pestering her!” Kangin laughed at his youngers.

“Okay, okay.” Eunhyuk mumbled and he shuffled over to Donghae.

I think at that moment the little gears and cogs in their heads finally clicked in the right place as they registered “American girls,” and “they just spoke a lot of Korean”.

You speak Korean?!” Donghae shouted in amazement as another member, wearing a pink T-shirt, walked in.

Who speaks Korean?” Sungmin asked, clueless to our presence.

They do! Henry’s cousin and her friend over there!” Donghae gestured to us.

I gave Sungmin a little wave and Kay gave him a cute double handed wave (why is she so cute??). The older man’s eyes light up and he waved excitedly at us.

Oh, hi there! I am Sungmin, it’s nice to meet you!” He said with a happy smile on his face.

Hi Sungmin ssi! I’m Kay, and this is Siobhan,” Kay introduced us.

What?!” Kangin cried out in disbelief.

Are you okay Kangin ssi?”

I lost the bet!” He fell to his knees. Ermm, what?

Kangin and Shindong made a bet about your name,” Sungmin explained. “Kangin bet that it was pronounced “Soh-van” and Shindong bet that it was “Shah-von”. Shindong won, so Kangin has to do his laundry for two weeks.

And what a sweet two weeks it will be.” Shindong said as he walked in the room. “Sorry I'm late, I was on the phone. Nice to meet you guys, I’m Shindong.” He said and he shook our hands.

I’ll be right back, I’m going to get the others.” Ryeowook dashed out of the room and down the hall.

Kangin picked himself off of the floor and walked up to us. “I should probably introduce myself, I’m Kangin, but you can call me Youngwoon it’s very nice to meet you both.” He said with a bow and he shook our hands.

Why am I doing this hyung, I’m wasting game time.” I heard a very annoyed maknae groan down the hall.

Because it’s polite,” Ryeowook replied. Ryeowook and Kyuhyun entered the room, and Kyuhyun looked a bit grouchy.

Hello noonas, I’m Kyuhyun.” Noonas? Do I look that old? I know Kay most certainly does not look old!

Yah! Kyuhyun ah, they are younger than you!” Ryeowook scolded Kyuhyun.

Oh, hello dongsaengs, I am Kyuhyun. Is that better?” He asked, being cheeky.

Ryeowook sighed in frustration and looked up at us. “Sorry, he’s mad that I pulled him away during his Starcraft time.”

Yah, don’t tell them that!” Kyuhyun said looking flustered. I giggled at the embarrassed maknae.

What’s up with all the noise?”

I looked up at saw Yesung walk in, his hair dripping with water.

Henry’s cousin from America is here and she brought a friend.” Sungmin replied as he pinched our cheeks.

Yesung walked up to us, and smiled. "Hello, my name is Yesung, but you can call me Jongwoon." He said in his smooth, deep voice.

"Hello, I'm Kay Blessing, Henry's cousin." She said with a bow.

Yesung shook her hand and turned to me.

"Hello Jongwoon ssi, my name is Siobhan, I'm the friend." I said and bowed as well.

"Siobhan? That's a pretty name, it's nice to meet... you." He said and trailed off when our eyes met.

I was shocked by his sudden inability to speak, but I soon found myself staring into his eyes... and a bomb went off in my chest.

~~~

*= Siobhan is an Irish name, Leprechaun is a pun on her heritage.