Chapter 1

Pocket Kisses

In this little island nearby Pattaya, Thailand, is a small village. Because in the modern world, you get rich things and poor people like us get cheap stuff yet, very meaningful. Speaking of rich people, a lot of girls here talks about wanting to be with a rich guy. My mother used to always tell me that If I am patient, I will receive good fortune. But the thing is that I'm already twenty three years old and single. Sometimes my parents and grandma would wonder why I always sit at the beach doing nothing. Well, I think. Like, a lot.

I walked back home and saw grandma-Poom gardening flowers. She is the sweetest person ever. Only she spoils me. She is getting old and act much slower but a machine that still run very well. She is a hard worker. I ran and hugged her tightly, also gave her a hard kiss on the cheek. I wrapped my arms around her shoulder. 

"Ma...(mom)" I said with my eyes close tight. "I love you!" she then turns to me and smiled back. As she lift her right hand touching my left cheeks, she said, "I love you too!" and went right back to gardening. Then I heard my mom inside the house calling my name, "Fan (fuhn)"

In our village, we live nearby the beach, our houses are made out of nice hard wood and straws. I walked in there and heard the radio going on. It was his voice...I could listen to him everyday...his middle low pitch voice, his joke that he makes every time he is on cue.