Jung Yonghwa

Rose in the Battlefield
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sir, the drug route in Shanghai is temporarily closed because of security issues." One of his men reported.

"The night club in Hongdae will get its 'source' from the Spanish, but tell the customers that it will only be for now." Changmin handed him the contract that was waiting for his consent.

"If that’s all then leave. I'm tired." Yunho dropped his pen and leaned back against his plush leather chair.

The tie around his neck was choking him and every breath he took was painful in his throat. The soft tapping on the carpet made him grimaced. He wanted no visitors or any news about business.

"You seem busy." Yoochun laughed. It wasn't mocking, but sympathized.

"What did you do in the States for 2 years anyway?" Yunho lit a cigarette and brought it to his own lips. The tartness of the tobacco was intoxicating and soothing. He never smoking much, but when he does, one packet would never be enough. "Don't tell you're chasing after some girl."

"Funny, but no," Yoochun laughed dryly. The sound echoed like an answer to a question. "I caught the news of a discharged criminal who might know Daehyun's whereabouts."

He threw a bulky manila folder on the table. Inside, a mug shot of a man in his early forty. Unshaven and his hair were wildly arranged.

"Lee... Jin...Woo?" Yunho squinted at the information.

"He was released from jail in Seattle for . I caught up with him for a talk. According to what he told me, he was paid to set up a bomb in your mum's car."

"Did he say why?" Yunho leaned his back against the chair.

"No, his so-called 'client' said it was a money dispute. The interesting thing is he told me he was approached by a guy with crop short hair, a soft spoken tenor voice and a long scar on his forearm. Sound familiar?" Yoochun hinted

Yunho perked up at the description. Short hair─ that’s common, soft spoke tenor voice ─ that’s common too, but a long scar on the forearm? It can only be...

"Daehyun?" Yunho's voice trembled.

"I think so too. After that Lee Jin Woo disappeared, no traces at all. Then, a few teenagers went out camping and found his body in the forest behind the caravan park. Bullet to the head. Instant death." Yoochun whispered with a sigh. His head ached whenever those thoughts came along.

"Are you implying Daehyun is alive and he killed Lee Jinwoo to avenge for mother?"

"That or someone knows we're following their tail and want to dispose Lee Jinwoo." Yoochun looked around.

"If you're looking for Junsu, then he's not here." Yunho dabbed the wasted cigarette into the ash tray.

"Where is he?"

"Spending his menopause at a tropical island," The man laughed at his own joke. "You two are like little kids. You flail the sweet candy above your head, while Junsu tries to jump as high as he can to get his hand on that candy. It's amusing to see."

"Good to know your humour is still intact, Yunho. That little boy of your isn't there for decoration i guess," Yoochun shot back. "He has a mixture of both your brothers: soft-spoken, clueless and naive like a young doe, but underneath lies a membrane of determination."

"I want to see that determination. I want him to maintain it, but I also want to break it down to a pond of desperation," Yunho chuckled bitterly. It sounded so cruel, but that was what he wanted. "I want to clip his wings and tie him down, because a free bird always tempts madness. Just like my brothers."

"And so be it," Yoochun shrugged. “Since Junsu is away on his little getaway, which child care did you send him to?”

“Boah is watching him.”

“Have you ever thought that Boah has always been a bit rebellious against you?” Yoochun hinted.

“Yes, I can still smell her rebellious nature from miles away.” Yunho laughed.

“Well, have it ever crossed your mind that she will let your little Jaejoong go just to emphasize her nature?”

Ring…

The device was moving with every vibration as it signalled an incoming call. Yoochun laughed childishly as he saw the caller’s name. He laughed at the irony and the coincidence. While his friend frowned with his eyes closed. There were a lot of small nods from Yunho. The man hung up and turned to look at Yoochun.

“Challenge accepted.”

“Dude, I was joking.” Yoochun laughed.

“Well, Sherlock, you were right,” Yunho gave him a funny look. “Changmin went to check on Boah and Jaejoong. They disappeared and even Sunhwa doesn’t know where they went.”

Yunho stood up and grabbed his jacket that was hung on the rack behind his back in the far end corner. He walked swiftly towards th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter