Birthday Surprise

Birthday Surprise

 

Jonghwan continued to scroll through google for at least some form of help but his efforts were in vain. When he typed out ‘ideas for a 19 year old male's birthday’, he clearly did not expect the results to be so, ual. Not every 19 year old male is dirty minded and is a ert you know. He clicked on the 24th page but still no help. The other members had given up early in searching for the perfect gift for Hyukjin and all of them just ended up buying him new clothes or plush toys because obviously, they were too bloody lazy. Jonghwan, on the other hand, was completely determined to get him the greatest gift on Earth because that's the least he could do for his not-so-secret crush. "Baking? Maybe I could do that… Only problem is, I've never baked before." Jonghwan sighed as he scrolled through the various recipes the website had to offer. "Cream cheese brownies? Doesn't Hyukjinnie like brownies?" Jonghwan grinned and immediately printed the recipe, skipping to the kitchen to get the things ready. 
 
"No cream cheese? No eggs? No brownie mix? No vanilla extract? Then what the hell am I supposed to do?!" Jonghwan groaned and slumped against the counter. Hyukjin would be back in 3 hours and he clearly didn't have time to go to the supermarket because he'd take ten thousand years to search for the ingredients. "You okay kiddo?". Jonghwan turned around to see Rokhyun swaggering into the kitchen, Changbum attached to his hip. "I need help!" Jonghwan cried. "Let me guess, you still don't know what to do for Hyukjin's birthday." Rokhyun said in a smug tone. "Why not you do a ? He'd enjoy that a lot." Changbum lightly chuckled and smirked, clearly proud of his extremely ual answer. "Shut up! Rokkie! Help." Jonghwan begged, pouting in hope of getting some help. "How about a cake?" Rokhyun muttered, too preoccupied with Changbum's hands as per usual. 
 
"No ingredients." Jonghwan muttered. Obviously asking the other members wasn't going to be of any help to him. "How about you call your older sister? Doesn't she just love birthdays." Rokhyun cooed and pushed his phone towards Jonghwan, urging him to call his older sister. "Fine!" Jonghwan sighed and dialled his sister's number, not anticipating the call at all. "Hi! Jinhee here!" The squeaky voice answered, a bit too chirpy for Jonghwan's current mood. "Jinhee, I need your help." Jonghwan murmured. "It's Hyukjin's birthday and you don't know what to get him." His sister chirped. "Bingo." 
 
"I have the perfect idea for you." His sister squealed. An hour and a half later, Jonghwan had set up his video recorder on his bed side table, guitar strung around his torso. He waited for the red light to stay still before clearing his throat. He had no idea what to say to Hyukjin. Maybe he could confess. But, he was way too shy for that. "Ummmm, Hi Hyukjinnie! Happy Birthday." He smiled brightly and waved at the camera, making a heart above his head. "I know that this isn't much but it's the thought that matters right? I just want to say that you're the greatest friend I could ask for and thanks for always being there for me. I just hope that we can soon be....more than just best friends. If you don't understand, I hope this song I sing for you will help." Jonghwan muttered shyly, hiding his blushing face behind his hands. He soon got over himself and warmed up his throats and made sure his guitar was in playable state. "Here I go." He whispered before playing the first few chords of the song he had chosen.
 
"Hey it’s so strange, really strange
I’ve never been like this before
Whenever I see you, my heart pounds and trembles
 
When I see your face, I imagine things by myself
I can’t keep a straight face – I’m going crazy
Because I miss you again
 
I wanna say woo woo woo woo yeh
I’m like this because of you
I don’t want to be the first to say it but
The words linger around my mouth
 
Loving U U – what should I do – what should I do?
I can’t control my heart, my heart is not working
It’s to the point where I can’t focus
Boy I’m falling in love with U U
What should I do, what should I do?
I can’t lose you, I love you
Woo woo woo woo woo
Baby I’m in love with you
 
Ok let’s talk about love, everyone whistles
Oh my, all the boys who tried to hit on me, now goodbye
With my cutesy voice, I only wanna call you, oppa (hey oppa)
What to do, I think I am in love
 
Woo woo woo woo yeh
I don’t want to be the first to say it but
The words linger around my mouth
 
Loving U U – what should I do – what should I do?
I can’t control my heart, my heart is not working
It’s to the point where I can’t focus
Boy I’m falling in love with U U
What should I do, what should I do?
I can’t lose you, I love you
Woo woo woo woo woo
Baby I’m in love with you
 
My heart is burning, this night is too long
Words I’ve been hiding from you, I love you
 
Baby I’m in love with U U
What should I do, what should I do?
I can’t control my heart, my heart is not working
It’s to the point where I can’t focus
Boy I’m falling in love with U U
What should I do, what should I do?
I can’t lose you, I love you
Woo woo woo woo woo
Baby I’m in love with you
 
Hello Hello, when our eyes meet
I speak of L. O. L. O. V. E
Melo, melo, we’re in L. O. L. O. V. E.
L. O. L. O. V. E
I’m only think about U U"
 
Jonghwan's face was burning by the end of the song and he felt his soul leave his body when he heard a round of applause echo through the room. He swiveled his chair to the door and his heart literally skipped a beat. "H-hyukjin! You're not supposed to be back yet!" Jonghwan stuttered, trying to get rid of any evidence of what he was doing. Hyukjin merely remained silent and strutted towards Jonghwan who was fumbling with the video recorder. "No need to hide. I saw everything." Hyukjin chuckled and held onto Jonghwan's hand to stop him from meddling with the video recorder. "I'm sorry! It was supposed to be a surprise and I didn't know you were going to be back so soon, you weren't supposed to see it." Jonghwan worriedly spat, mentally killing himself for ruining his birthday surprise. 
 
Jonghwan continued blabbering and Hyukjin being Hyukjin, pinned Jonghwan to the wall standing behind him and kissed him full on the lips. He pulled away after a short while and let his eyes travel down Jonghwan's face, admiring the beauty of it. Jonghwan's fingers made it's way to his lips, running the pads of his fingers along his swollen lips. "W-what was that?" Jonghwan stuttered again. "I kissed you." Hyukjin said bluntly, peppering Jonghwan's jawline with kisses. "Why?" Jonghwan breathily asked, trying to distract himself from the kisses. "Because I love you." Hyukjin smiled into the kiss. "Will you be my boyfriend?" Hyukjin asked, pulling the other male into a hug. Jonghwan nodded his head, unable to find the right words. "By the way, I don't need gifts for my birthday. I only need you."
 
 
 
 
A/N: I've finally finished this ^^ I didn't really like this because it's not that good but I hope you guys like it ;) Send me requests for any pairing you like and I'll try to write one shots about them ♡♡♡♡ keep commenting~ ♡♡♡♡♡♡