Chapter 2

You only have one chance in LOVE.

Authors Note:

This is the continuation of the 1st chapter from the last time I updated. I cut the first chapter in half since it was too long so I made it into 2 chapters. There will be new things on the bottom so please don't forget to read all of it. Thank you.

 


 

 

Authors POV

 

Eunji finally finished changing into her school uniform when she suddenly felt vomiting. She kept having headaches for the past few weeks but she shrugged it off since she always had it when she was young so she didn’t think much about it. Just as she ran to the restroom to expel the things inside her stomach a sudden wave of unbearable pain shot up to her head making her fall down on the ground groaning in pain. She attempted to stand up from the dirty floor but her legs just collapsed on her, luckily someone came in and quickly helped her.

“Omo, Eunji-ah, are you okay?” The girl asked kneeling next to Eunji.

“I don’t feel well….” Eunji slurred just loud enough for the girl to hear.

“Come on; let’s go to the nurse’s office.” The girl said gently helping Eunji up on her feet.

She carried her out of the rest room and through the changing room causing quite a stir around the crowd of girls.

“Eunji, are you alright?” They all asked her crowding around her making her feel worse.

“Guys, I need to take her to the nurse’s office. She’s not feeling well.” The girl said. The girls made way for the two with worried look on their eyes.

Just as they left the room full of adolescent girls Eunji’s world blurred and spun around causing her to lose consciousness. The only thing she saw was that girls face lightly tapping her face trying to wake her up.

The girl left her on the floor and went inside the changing room and asked for some help. She couldn’t carry Eunji by herself and needed help. Some of the girls came out and helped carry Eunji to the nurse’s office. Finally reaching the office the nurse quickly let them place her on a bed and they all left leaving Eunji to the nurses’ care.

 

 

*****

 

 

Eunji finally woke up from her dark and deep slumber with a torturous headache that felt like it was splitting her head in half. She slowly opened her eyes and sat up looking at her unknown surroundings. She noticed that there were wires and tubes connected to her body, she quickly thought back on what happened to her and quickly remembered that she wasn’t feeling well at school and someone helped her but she out before they could reach the nurse’s office.

She looked around and noticed that she was alone in the room that she felt quite uncomfortable in. She sat on the bed singing to herself since she didn’t have anything to do and the remote control for the television was too far from her reach and she was too lazy to walk and get it.

After all the bad singing someone finally came inside the room. It was her mother, who looked miserable and sorrowful. She was followed by a doctor in a white coat and stethoscope around his neck. After her mother saw that she woke up, she ran up to Eunji and held her hands.

“Umma, what’s wrong?” She asked her mother. Her mother looked at her with sorrowful eyes, she saw her mother with tears running down her beautiful face and she instantly knew something was wrong. Her mother never cries, unless it was a drama but other than that her mother was a strong and happy woman.

“Eunji-ah, promise me that you’ll stay strong, neh?” Her mother asked with her tears still freely flowing down her face.

“What is it, umma? You’re scaring me.” She asked stopping her tears from coming out. Eunji has the tendency to cry when someone is crying who is close to her heart.

“Aigoo, my poor baby.” Her mother cried quickly hugging and caressing her child.

“Umma, what is it? Stop crying, you’re making me cry.” Eunji cried.

Her mother finally put a stop on what she was doing and stepped back from her wiping the tears away from her eyes. The doctor walked next to her mother with the same eyes like her mothers.

“Would you like me tell her what is happening, Mrs Jung?” The doctor asked.

Her mother nodded. “I think it would be best if you say it. I can’t do it.” She sobbed.

“Eunji-shii, I think I have some bad new to tell you.” The doctor announced making her heartbeat beat a jillion times faster than her normal heart rate.

She didn’t want to know what was wrong with her knowing that it was going to be really bad since her mother cried. She didn’t want to know what was wrong with her but in that mind of hers something was saying that she should hear it even if it was bad.

 “Who are you?” She meekly asked.

“Oh sorry I forgot to introduce myself. I am Dr. Do.” He replied with a sympathetic smile. 

“So what's wrong with me Dr. Do?” She sadly asked.

Sighing, Jieun looked at the doctor with determined eyes.

There was a long silence inside the room.

“We ran tests on you when you were unconscious; when your mother brought you here a few hours ago we didn’t know what was wrong with you. Why you fainted and such, so we ran tests on you. After a few hours of waiting we finally had the results. I am sorry to tell you this but Miss Jung you have a tumour in your head located on the back left of your brain. If you would like, we can start the treatments right away.” The doctor sadly informed her.

Eunji swallowed the lump in and stared widely at the doctor then to her mother who had tears flowing freely down her face.

“I shall leave you two alone, please don’t hesitate coming to me when you need anything.” The doctor said walking out of the room.

Just as the doctor closed the door behind him Eunji’s tears slowly came out, the ones that she couldn’t help push back. She had to, to let it all out. Her mother came up to her and hugged her child.

Eunji felt empty at that moment.

“Umma?” She sighed.

“What is?” Her mother asked.

“Can you not tell anyone about this? Only appa and little Euntae, I don’t want anyone to know this. Can you promise that?” She asked wiping the tears from her cheeks.

“What about Myungsoo? Don’t you want him to know?” Her mother asked sitting next to her on the bed.

“I don’t want him to see me like this; I don’t want to burden him anymore. I’ve been a burden to him for too long. So can you promise me that, umma?” She asked looking at her mother.

“Of course, my baby. I won’t tell anyone.” Her mother assured her kissing her on the forehead.

 

 

*****

 

 

Eunji woke up from the loud sobbing noises coming from next to her. She opened her eyes and looked at where the noise was coming from, it was her brother. Euntae was sitting on a chair next to her bed clutching on her hand and crying. Watching her own little brother like that, crying just cut her deep and she didn’t want to see him like that. She had to be a strong and happy sister for him, a sister who wasn’t afraid of anything even if her time was coming near.

“Euntae-ah, what are you doing here?” She questioned him slowly sitting up on the bed.

“Noona!” He cried literally springing on her and gave her a tight hug.

“Noona…… noona…… noona……” He sobbed on her shoulders.

“Aigoo, why are you crying? I thought you were a big boy now?” She joked.

“Noona, umma said…. th-at y-y-ou wer-e go-in-g to Heaven. Is that…tr-ue? Is G-od go-ing to t-a-ke y-ou a-way f-r-rom me?” He hiccupped.  

“Of course not, I am staying here until I die. So don’t worry about noona, arasso?” She reassured her little brother.

“So you’re not leaving?” He asked.

“Yep, I’m going to be here forever.” She smiled at him. “So stop being a cry baby and give noona a kiss.” She added.

He moved away and stopped sobbing. She wiped away the wetness from his cheeks and gave him a kiss on the forehead patting the top of his head.

“Now kiss noona.” She commanded him facing to the left and tapping her cheek.

He blushed and kissed her on the cheeks. Pulling away he smiled at her with an obvious blush shown on his cute chubby cheeks.

 

Flashback

 

Eunji woke up from her sleep alone in her room. She looked at the clock and it told her that it was 11:00pm. Her mother wasn’t there with her so she took that opportunity to talk to the doctor. She walked out of her room and went to the information desk and asked for her doctor.

“Do you know where my doctor is?” Eunji asked the nurse.

“Do you mean Dr. Do?” The nurse replied.

“I forgot his name but he’s tall and has round glasses.” She said.

“That is Dr. Do. I’ll tell him you wanted him so go back to your room and he’ll be there in a moment.” The nurse informed her. She then left and walked back to her empty room.

After waiting for a few minutes the doctor came to her room.

He came up to her and greeted her.

“Eunji-shii, are you feeling alright? Why did you ask for me?” He asked.

“How long will I live for if I don’t take the treatment?” She asked him with tears b from her eyes.

“Well, if you do not take the treatment you will only have 4 months to live.” The doctor informed her.

“Thank you doctor, you can leave now.” She said wiping the tears from her eyes.

She stared at the door as the doctor left. She had 4 months to live.

 

End of Flashback