Chapter III

Fragile[HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

L sighed as he tried to decide what to do next. He was sitting in his chair in his room, staring at the ceiling as if he was going to find the answer written there somewhere. Since the university had lots of events going on, they needed a photographer but the previous one graduated so the spot was empty now. It was a good opportunity for L yet he was hesitating. Agreeing meant less time for music and that meant less time with Dokmi. If it weren’t for that bad part, he would have agreed on the spot.

“Ah, I’m going crazy!” he screamed as he ruffled his hair.

Just then, his phone began ringing. He couldn’t believe it. Dokmi was calling him. It was something that never happened since then. It was usually the other way around.

“H-Hi.” He answered uneasily.

“Come pick me up.” Dokmi demanded without wasting even a second.

“Pick you up?” L frowned.

“Are you coming to Sunggyu’s performance?”

L glanced at the clock. The last time he checked the time was 3 hours ago and if he was to waste even a minute now, he was going to be late.

“Oh, .” He cursed as he stumbled towards his wardrobe. “I’ll be right there.”

After furiously taking on some clothes, he sped to his car and drove to Dokmi’s house. The girl was already waiting for him outside, rubbing her arms most probably because of the chilly wind.

“Finally.” She exclaimed, opening the door and getting inside the car. “It’s your fault if Sunggyu complains for us being late.”

There was no scoff or complain heard. Dokmi was expecting him to at least whine or say that he didn’t care but she heard none of those. Curiously, she peered up at him. Myungsoo was just standing there, smiling like an idiot.

“What’s wrong with you?” she frowned, bothered by the sudden weirdness in his behavior.

“You called. It’s the first time you called me ever since I gave you my number.”

Dokmi rolled her eyes. This boy was so foolish. She actually called him to use him as a ride. What was he so happy about?

“Whatever. Get over it and drive.” She mumbled.

“Seatbelt.”

L pointed at black strap besides Dokmi’s shoulder. She took a hold of it and pulled but when it came to the buckle, it just refused to click. She struggled a bit yet she didn’t succeed. Her ego was too big to even try asking for a bit of help. A small chuckle left L’s lips as he watched her troubled expression.

“Shut up, Myungsoo!” she hissed.

L shook his head at her silliness. He put his hand over hers and in just a second, a click was heard.

“There. Was it that hard?” he laughed lightly.

“Just drive, Myungsoo!”

“You were so cute.” He complimented, earning a low groan from Dokmi.

“Drive already!”

🔎 🔎 🔎

“Where is she?” Sunggyu asked while pacing around the room. “She’s coming, right? Why isn’t she here already? She couldn’t have gotten mad on me because of what happened yesterday…”

Subin sighed. Her eyes were tired from watching him getting so agitated.

“Calm down, oppa. It’s not like the world will come to an end if she won’t be here.”

“Why is she so weird lately?! She was never this cold to me! I don’t get it! What’s going on with her?!” he ruffled his hair and continued talking to himself, not even bothering to answer to Subin. It was bad enough that he was nervous because of his performance. Dokmi’s absence made it even worse.

“Does she really mean that much to you oppa?”

Sunggyu stopped moving around. He was finally paying attention to his girlfriend. He wanted to say YES but he couldn’t. He couldn’t break her heart like that. He knew how she felt. He was the same when it came to Dokmi. A one sided love that would never bloom.

Even though the answer never left his lips, Subin knew it. She knew it even before asking. She only hoped that maybe things changed at least a bit. Maybe, just maybe, one day Sunggyu would learn to like her as much as he liked Dokmi.

“They are coming.” She nodded towards the entrance.

“Finally.” Sunggyu glared at the two late arrivers.

“It’s his fault.” Dokmi pointed towards L.

“If you were so desperate to be here early you should have just left without me.”

The girl ignored his comment. If she were to walk alone on the dark streets, there would have been a chance of being stalked again. She couldn’t risk. Her sanity was slowly drifting away because of this.

Dokmi took a glass of wine and made her way to an empty chair somewhere near the stage from where she could see Sunggyu well.

“Sunggyu oppa is worried.” Subin said as she sat down besides Dokmi.

“About what?”

“Your way of acting…and he’s right. You’ve become weirder than before. What happened to you?“

“I was alwa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter