The Problem

Deadboy

 

“Why? Why did he.. What is he doing?!” Zico exclaimed for what was possibly the hundredth time, head falling back against the sofa of the apartment he shared with Kyung. The other boy sighed, getting up and making his way over to the tiny kitchen area.
 
“Maybe this is the real thing, maybe ‘Kwon’s in love...” The shorter male mused, and Zico watched distractedly as Kyung reached into the cupboard for a mug, his shirt riding up slightly to expose a strip of skin. The blonde his lips subconsciously.
 
“But this is Yukwon we’re on about!” Zico stressed, replaying the scene he’d witnessed over and over in his head, trying to deduce some sort of motive or advantage it may hold. Unfortunately, all he seemed to work out was that Yukwon’s gun was left abandoned on the floor, and the killer was holding B-Bomb like he was the most precious thing on earth.
 
But there was no way Yukwon loved him, right?
 
“Exactly. This sort of thing is extremely out of character for ‘Kwon. Therefore, something must have changed.” Kyung reasoned, busying himself with making his drink.
 
“So you’re saying that whilst on this case, Yukwon developed feelings- actual, human, non-murderer-like feelings.” Zico caught Kyung’s train of thought, cocking his head to the side. The shorter man nodded, and Zico pondered over this. It was possible, maybe even plausible, but, again, this was Yukwon they were on about.
 
“But he’s renown for killing for fun. For getting the order and striking, no questions asked. He cut off all ties with anyone outside the organisation and didn’t feel the slightest bit of remorse for it, and now you think he’s fallen in love?” The more the blonde thought, the more confused he became.
 
“It’s not impossible, is it?” Kyung smiled slightly as he took a sip of his freshly-made coffee. “To find love in this organisation...”
 
Zico grinned when he realised Kyung was referring to themselves.
 
Zico and Kyung were living proof that love could be found whatever your occupation was. They’d met when Kyung had just been assigned to Zico’s division, and the blonde was supplying information about a mark. To say they’d instantly hit it off would be a lie; it took months of Kyung ignoring orders and Zico smacking him upside the head before they realised they were perfect for eachother.
 
And now there they were, sharing a comfortable-sized apartment and rarely seen without each other.
 
Zico couldn’t help but smile as the memories flooded back to him, before his face fell serious again. “No, it’s not impossible, but this mark isn’t from the organisation. He’s one of them.”
 
People rarely called the Black Dragon gang by its name, too afraid of the consequences if they did.
 
“I know.” Kyung bit his lip worriedly, “But... Do you really have to kill him? Is there no way around it?”
 
Zico shook his head solemnly, “I’m afraid I do. We were given strict orders to find him and eliminate him- that he was a danger to far too many people to be left alive.” The blonde knew that Kyung was only looking out for his friend, but he really couldn’t disobey these demands. “Kyung, who knows how many people will die if we fail at this?”
 
The shorter man sighed, leaning against the kitchen counter with a frown.
 
“But ‘Kwon... If he really is in love...” He trailed off, staring miserably down into his drink. Zico noticed this and pushed himself up off the couch, making his way over to Kyung.
 
“I know, but... people die in this job, right? We got ourselves into this.” Zico reasoned, before his mouth twisted into a half-hearted smile. “Besides, the worst that’ll happen is we’ll have a sulking killer on our hands for a few weeks, before he’ll be his old unfeeling self again.”
 
Kyung mirrored his smile, but it never reached his eyes. They both knew this was a lie.
 
People like Yukwon aren’t impulsive; they’re calculating, mindful, careful people. Yukwon must have thought over his feelings for a while before deciding that B-Bomb was someone worth falling in love with, and that’s the thought that scared the couple the most. The feeling had to be powerful for it to register so strongly in the killer's brain, so if the object of that feeling is murdered, there’s no saying what Yukwon would do.
 
Hitmen were known for being very drastic people, after all.
 
But, on the contrary, if the Bosses got wind of this, they would all be in trouble. Big trouble. The assassination order was given so severely that Zico knew at least one person would lose their life if this went up. That person was almost guaranteed to be Yukwon, but if they found out that Zico failed as well, he might just be joining him.
 
Kyung set his mug down and pulled his boyfriend into him, curling his arms around Zico’s waist. The blonde held Kyung’s head against his chest as they shared one of their rare moments of intimacy.
 
“You have to do it, don’t you. B-Bomb has to die.” Kyung admitted sullenly, muttering the words against the fabric of Zico’s shirt.
 
“He does.” Zico replied softly, his mind already racing about how to assassinate the mark. He had to be careful, not like any of his other victims. He delighted in torturing them, in seeing their red faces tear-streaked and screaming before he finally put an end to their pitiful existence. But not this one. No matter how much the Bosses of the organisation seemed to hate B-Bomb, Zico had already made up his mind to commit the hit in an almost humane way. That way, he may just be spared the wrath of a grieving hitman.
 
When Zico pulled away, he noticed Kyung was worrying his bottom lip between his teeth, head cocked thoughtfully to the side. This was Kyung’s ‘idea’ face. Zico tapped his boyfriend’s chin gently.
 
“What?” He smirked, and Kyung looked up at him with a small smile.
 
“There’s nothing saying we can’t warn ‘Kwon first... right?”
 
 
-------
 
 
It seemed to be a thing for Minhyuk and Yukwon to revisit the places where they met. Minhyuk had lead the killer back to the park, where they’d talked for the second time, and the two were sat on a sun-warmed bench just revelling in each other’s company.
 
Sometimes they talked- about Minhyuk’s life, a bit about Yukwon’s past, but mostly they just enjoyed the fact that neither was trying to attack the other for the first time.
 
Despite the kiss earlier, they remained at a chaste distance from each other. Yukwon couldn’t tell if it was because Minhyuk was secretly awkward, or they were both just trying to keep their hands of each other in a public place. Either way, Yukwon felt himself blushing like a schoolgirl every time Minhyuk’s leg accidentally brushed against his.
 
They were silent for a few minutes, the air around them comfortable, before Yukwon turned to the black-haired boy.
 
“Why me?”
 
Minhyuk thought for a second, eyebrows furrowing. “What do you mean?”
 
Yukwon shrugged. “You’ve had people attempt to kill you before. Did you break down their defenses too?”
 
Secretly, Yukwon was scared. Secretly, he had a nagging sense that Minhyuk was only doing this to save himself from getting killed. That Yukwon's feelings were not reciprocated, that the touches and kisses were all an act.
 
Minhyuk calmed these worries slightly with a shake of his head.
 
“No. I usually got one of Black Dragon’s hitmen to eliminate them when I found out they’d been sent on my case.” He shrugged nonchalantly, and Yukwon cocked his head to the side.
 
“What was different about me?”
 
A chuckle escaped Minhyuk’s throat, and for the first time it sounded warm, friendly, genuinely amused. This sent a subconscious smile curling at Yukwon’s lips.
 
“Oh Yukwon, there are a lot of things different about you.” He began, a lazy smile adorning his face. The killer waited for him to elaborate. “I wanted to meet you once to see what you were like. That’s why I went to the coffee shop that day, after I knew you’d been sent to kill me. I saw you sat there in the corner, all dark and brooding with your shock of red hair, and... well... you really interested me.”
 
Yukwon raised an eyebrow. “Interested you how?”
 
“I don’t know. I thought you were beautiful.” His hand ventured onto Yukwon’s knee, palm warm through the denim of his jeans. The killer smiled at this information. “And I felt the need to know more about you. I was kind of sad when I remembered you were actually there to kill me, though I knew you wouldn't be making the hit for a while." Minhyuk smirked. "You don’t realise how hard it was to seduce you, Mr. Killer."
 
The two fell silent again as Yukwon pondered over this.
 
Minhyuk thought he was beautiful. That's all his brain had really caught. Minhyuk was the embodiment of everything perfection could be, and here he was calling Yukwon beautiful.
 
Minhyuk noticed the killer's smile, and his hand moved off his knee to catch Yukwon's. He laced their fingers together, and for a second, Yukwon forgot how to breathe.
 
A buzzing in his pocket jolted him back to reality, and he curiously took out his phone. Who on earth would be texting him? The only people who had his number were Minhyuk and a few members of the organisation...
 
His heart sank when he saw it was from Zico, and sank even further when he read the message.
 
'I'm so sorry Yukwon, but you've left me with no choice.'
 
Zico had warned the killer; told him that any more 'incidents' with Minhyuk and he'd go after the mark himself.
 
And somehow, Zico had seen them earlier.
 
He turned to Minhyuk with wide, frantic eyes, and the black-haired boy frowned in concern. Yukwon didn't give him an explanation, no, there was no time for that.
 
"We have to go. Now."
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
Hope you enjoyed this chapter :)
Sorry for the lack of action. I needed a pause before everything gets crazy :'D

I realised before that I've been quite mean in not replying to any of your comments or subs. I didn't realise people here on AFF did that sort of thing, as all the writing websites I've been on are much less friendly. That's why I'm making this promise:
 
ANYONE WHO SUBS/COMMENTS ON THIS STORY FROM NOW ON WILL GET A REPLY FROM ME. If you've already subbed, post a comment and I'll reply to it...

Anyway, again, I hope you enjoyed this :)