Two

Fansite Masters [DISCONTINUED]

 

 

After Daehyun’s fateful ‘encounter’ with Brainbox, he started to tag along with Jongup to every music shows that SECRET was scheduled to perform. Except he went there not because he wanted to see the girls (he really couldn’t care less about them). Daehyun only followed his brother until they were in front of the building where the music shows were held. Then he’d tell Jongup to go ahead and do his stuff while he waited outside, far from the group of fans but close enough for his camera (that he hid in his backpack) to capture a certain blonde’s pictures.

 

Jongup had asked Daehyun once why he was suddenly eager to follow him around. The older brunette simply replied, with mock disappointment, “Is it a crime for me to try to understand and enjoy my only brother’s passion?” It earned Daehyun a look of mild disgust from his younger half-brother and was quickly dismissed because hyung, you’re acting weirder than you usually are and it’s creeping me out.

 

And Daehyun also may or may not have created a blog dedicated to Brainbox, where he might have posted a couple or more photos that he took during his weekly “photography session”. And he certainly hadn’t been praising and worshipping the blonde on that blog, where he had personally called it ‘the Shrine’. Nope. He wasn’t that creepy yet.

 

 

Or so he thought.

 

 

For the past 2 hours of skimming through his new collection of photos, Daehyun convinced himself over and over again that he was not a stalker. Not at all. He was simply, in his own words, “appreciating the beauty of God’s creation.” And what better way to appreciate such beauty other than to capture it in the form of a couple hundreds of photographs, right? Right. After all, photographers took pictures of beautiful sceneries that enchanted them, and in Daehyun’s opinion, he was doing a pretty similar thing.

 

Daehyun prepared his camera to transfer the approximately 277 photos of Brainbox – he was getting tired of calling the blonde that, he needed a real name – into a special folder on his desktop. The folder was still labelled ‘New Folder’ and he tapped his fingers on his desk. What should he name it? Brainbox? Nah… that would be too obvious. Although his PC was usually only accessed by him, Daehyun would never trust his computer to his family, especially Jongup who somehow managed to figure out his computer’s password even if he changed it every week.

 

(“No, Jongup, god damn it I don’t use the same god damn password for everything.”)

 

(“You totally do though, hyung. And nickelbacksuxxxx is not really an original password.")

 

And Jongup could easily recognize Brainbox’s name anywhere, considering how well known the fansite master was in the fandom.

 

(It was probably impossible for anyone to notice the folder anyway since Daehyun’s desktop was a mess of word documents, game shortcuts, zip files, folders, sub folders, sticky notes and a bunch of other desktop gadgets. But he wasn’t taking any risks.)

 

After considering ‘Angel Sent From Heaven’, ‘QTPIE’, ‘Best face’ and ‘Mamma Mia ;3’, Daehyun settled for ‘Angel Face’, which honestly wasn’t any better than the previous names. But the folder name wasn’t important. What’s important was the content of it.

 

Once the pictures were transferred he opened the folder and the first picture. And his first dreamy sigh (out of hundreds to come) escaped his mouth. Daehyun rested his chin in his palm, his face inches away from the LCD monitor, his right index finger pressing the right arrow key on the keyboard to move to the next pictures.

 

Daehyun would never notice the grin on his face that grew bigger with every pictures. He stopped at one particular image, which was zoomed in and he could clearly see the face structure of Brainbox. He sighed again. Daehyun studied the boy’s face, from the shape of his brown eyes, the curve of his nose, his rosy, pudgy cheeks and his plump red lips. The boy also had a mole on the left side of his face, barely noticeable, just between his eye and his ear. Another sigh.

 

“Really, how can someone be this beautiful, though? Is he even human?” he murmured as he went through the other photos.

 

Completely engrossed in what he was doing, Daehyun didn’t even notice the footsteps approaching his door, a couple of knocks and the sound of his bedroom door creaking open.

 

“Hyung, can I use –”

 

A very, very manly shriek erupted from Daehyun’s throat and he jumped from his seat, facing Jongup and effectively covering his monitor with his body. Jongup on the other hand was completely stunned by his brother’s reaction that he had a blinking contest with the older boy.

 

The awkward silence was broken by the younger brunette, who had doubled over with laughter.

 

“Hyung,” he wheezed, “what was that?”

 

Daehyun gulped. “What was what?”

 

“You just shrieked! Like a girl shriek. Even Dahee-noona doesn’t shriek like that.”

 

“I did? Yeah. I mean. I totally did. Shriek. Like a… uhhh... girl.” He mentally sighed. So Jongup didn’t see what was on his monitor. A good thing. For now.

 

“Why are you here?” Daehyun asked. His brother leaned on the doorframe as he crossed his arms.

 

“I was just wondering if I could use your computer.”

 

“For what?”

 

“Research for my homework.”

 

“What happened to your laptop?”

 

“Dahee-noona’s using it.”

 

“Why is she using your laptop instead of her own laptop?”

 

“It was infected with virus so she wanted to borrow mine for her assignments.”

 

“Use dad’s laptop, then.”

 

Jongup rolled his eyes, his patience finally got the best of him. “Dad’s doing his work on it! Jeez, why are you so defensive? Were you watching or something?”

 

Something like that, Daehyun thought. He shook his head afterwards, mentally slapping himself. Without moving from his spot, he reached for the mouse and depended on his years of using the computer to guess whether his cursor reached the exit button and clicked twice. To his extreme relief, the photo viewer as well as the folder closed.

 

Jongup raised his eyebrow at the weird behaviour his brother was showcasing but he shrugged it off, already used to the older boy’s nonsense. Daehyun walked to the bedside table, grabbing his copy of World War Z on it and plopped into his comfy single bed. “Knock yourself out. But don’t you dare touch anything else other than the browser, got it?”

 

“Aye, sir.”

 

 

----

 

 

Long author's note + excuses excuses excuses ahead.

a/n: oh my god. i am so sorry. i am so so sorry oh my god how many months? 6? 7? and after all those months i present you guys with this short crappy excuse for a chapter that doesn't even contribute to the plot growth nor does it have youngjae. this chapter is supposed to be longer but i just don't know how to connect this with a bunch of other paragraphs i wrote and i already feel bad for not updating for months (which is stupid anyway cuz i bet no one's waiting for this fic to update LOL) I AM SORRY OH MY GOD this chapter has been in the word doc for like, forever and i just- yeah. i apologise.  will try to update the next chapter. please don't lose faith in me (i totally understand if you do anyway) :((((